Ground Targeting Sucks

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

Dear Anet,

I know many will disagree, but I think ground targeting should be optional. Especially on staff fire #2. I would rather hit a hotkey and have the lava automatically pop where my target is. Same thing with Blink. Get rid of ground targeting. Just let me point my toon where I want to go. Necros have this option in reverse for wells.

Again, it should be optional, so if you like ground targeting the way it is, then keep it, but let the rest of us have the option to turn it off. Because looking for my mouse cursor and farting where to put the green circle is a waste of time and breaks immersion. IMO.

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

You could use Combat Mode and Fast Casting?

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Don’t play staff if you don’t like ground targeting…

elite specs ruined pvp.

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

What is combat mode?

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: amaranthined.5167

amaranthined.5167

I assume he’s talking about the Combat Mode mod? I’ve never used it but from what I’ve read it might help you. If you don’t feel like modding, fast casting (in game setting) does exactly what you described…??

Henge of Denravi [VLK]
Zvezdana & Dana Uses Splash; Elementalist // Evegeniya; Engineer // Melinoe; Necromancer

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

lol option? i’d gladly welcome not having to trait for my wells to be ground targeted

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimezy.5679

Grimezy.5679

Yes. There is already an option for this in Options called fast casting.

Please learn to use your eyes before ranting.

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

What is combat mode?

I believe you can get banned for using the combat mod

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Fast-Cast Ground Targeting — Normally, ground-targeted skills require one click or key press to activate the skill’s target overlay, allowing you to select the target area by moving the mouse cursor, and finally a second click or key press to activate the skill at the targeted location. This option condenses the function into a single click or key press, selecting the target location from the current location of the mouse cursor.

from the wiki

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

now this is completely the opposite from what the OP wanted. he wanted the option to DISABLE ground targeting, so that the effect happens on your target, without having to aim for it.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Try being an engineer with the grenade kit, and enjoy carpal

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimezy.5679

Grimezy.5679

now this is completely the opposite from what the OP wanted. he wanted the option to DISABLE ground targeting, so that the effect happens on your target, without having to aim for it.

Well that completely defeats the object of ‘skill’ then. He basically wants it to be like using Fire #1 on the staff all the time? Talk about lazy.

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

yes, that is precisely what he wants.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Spyware.9314

Spyware.9314

Dear Anet,

I know many will disagree, but I think ground targeting should be optional. Especially on staff fire #2. I would rather hit a hotkey and have the lava automatically pop where my target is. Same thing with Blink. Get rid of ground targeting. Just let me point my toon where I want to go. Necros have this option in reverse for wells.

Again, it should be optional, so if you like ground targeting the way it is, then keep it, but let the rest of us have the option to turn it off. Because looking for my mouse cursor and farting where to put the green circle is a waste of time and breaks immersion. IMO.

You want to make this game even easier than it already is? It’s your fault you can’t keep track of your own mouse. And Necros have this option in reverse for wells, yes, but it casts on themselves, not on target. You want a Lava Font at your feet every time you hit 2? I think OP has L2P issues.

Suicide Girls [SG]
Fort Aspenwood

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

oh btw I might be mistaken but pretty sure that if you enable fast-cast and let the mouse hover over your skillbar and press the skill it casts it at your feet

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Anet is listening to you! Fire staff 2 now requires a target and goes immediately on your foe. You can’t kill any stealthed ennemy, can’t use fire 2 as a area denial, can’t stack might out of combat, and can’t use it on the way of a runner.

Yeah, no.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Why not just use instant ground targeting like me?

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

If you don’t like skill-based combat, you’re playing the wrong game.

Having to aim certain attacks is why I like combat in this game. Removing that would make it boring and completely skill-less. No thanks.

Fast-casting makes casting staff AoEs extremely quick. And lol @ auto-casting Healing Rain or Geyser on top of someone you have targeted in the enemy zerg instead of on your commander.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Why did they make arcane blast GT

Devona’s Rest

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

You can use fast casting kitten, you press the key and it happens where your mouse is

Ground Targeting Sucks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

Fast cast ground targeting is an option you can use. It is what I use and it is glorious. A word of caution: you have to have good eye sight and pay extra close attention to where your mouse cursor is. In some close quarter areas, you might end up casting on a wall near you and your camera.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!