Half-yearly reminder

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: LexIcon.2819

LexIcon.2819

Do not test your nerves and waste your time on an Ele, it is simply not worth it.

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

Do not test your nerves and waste your time on an Ele, it is simply not worth it.

sry, but ele is viable, and way more than viable, in every aspect of the game, with several builds, in common to 4-5 other proffessions..

if u mean the fgs nerf, it never was supposed to work that way, and even without , we provide highest dmg in game, mightstacks, ah and dmg is aoe as well(for pve)

we provide best or 2nd best support in zergs(wvw)

we can do everything in pvp(w d/d meta spec, its the most annoying thing to fight from all of the viable builds,for most of the ppl)

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

Sometimes the viability of a profession depends on the people behind the screen
but that’s just my opinion

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dartanis.8205

Dartanis.8205

Odds are it is not the person. Anet has destroyed the Ele class for what reason I do not know. If you want proof look at how many nerfs we have gotten vs buffs. Then compare that to other classes.

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Ele is powerful, the problem is the high risk of playing a difficult class doesn’t justify the average reward. That’s fine in pvp where you can’t make a class overpowered ( at least you shouldn’t), but in pve where people should be rewarded for their knowledge, it makes ele non desirable for non experienced players ( pugs, mainly)

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

lol

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

elementalist is in a very nice spot right now, viable or good in every game mode and with a decent build diversity whitout being OP.

no reason to complain?

only problem with ele is that being naturally squishy it sometimes needs team support not to implode and pugs genrally do not provide that (pve or pvp alike)

personally i have a lot of fun on my ele at the moment.

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

elementalist is in a very nice spot right now, viable or good in every game mode and with a decent build diversity whitout being OP.

Are you being ironic or honest?

Okey, I can do this too. elementalist has the highest defense in game and never dies. They can solo any encounter, and has the higest single and aoe damage in the game. Zerg trains in wvw is made out of 95% elementalists, and sPvP is 5 eles. In high end PvE, eles is primary asked profession in party search.

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

oxtred.7658

Eles do have the highest single and aoe damage in the game, and it’s the primary asked profession in dungeons. They are part of the GWEN meta as well.

edit: stupid corrector being stupid

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Belorn.2659

The only place people directly asked for eles was SE champ box farm. The standard search text is “exp heavies, berserker stat”. But thanks for playing.

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyuubi.2640

Kyuubi.2640

If you want an easy win in spvp, Ele is definitely not the class to play. Probably the most difficult class to play with same reward. It does say a lot when you can own with an Ele because there is much more skill involved than any other class. I would say engi would be close to being complicated because of the kits but they have way more flexibility in terms of builds. Not as many with Ele, sad truth…

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

oxtred.7658

Then you’re joining inexperienced groups. Eles deals more damage than anything else, have permanent fury uptime, 25 out of combat might stack, between 12 and 15 burst might stacking in combat, best might refreshing if provided with a fire field ( LH), projectile absorption, out of combat condi removal ( great to force an ooc), and pre patch they also had fgs and great vuln stacking. That+ ranged cc, long lasting invul, and conjures, make them a great class in pve.

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Belorn.2659

Next fractal 50 meeting, I will bring up how inexperienced they all are. Also I like how we have now defined that people who use party search are all inexperienced since they don’t understand the awesomeness of eles.

Now if you excuse me, I will go and join one of those parties (search text is “49 glf war/guard. 55 ar req”). They might be asking for heavies, but you don’t always get what you want.

(edited by Belorn.2659)

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

oxtred.7658

Not understanding where eles are in the meta is inexperience. That’s nothing new. Eles are less valuable in fractals ( read: you won’t stack 4 in casual runs), but having 1 or 2 never hurts. It’s just that having a guard in fractals is almost always nice, and a warrior doesn’t hurt either, so having more than 2 eles starts to be problematic.

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

remember the RTL nerf! REMEMBER!!!!

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Ele is the king class dude I dunno what youre even talking about. Ive main Ele/Mesmer and after april 15th patch completely retired mesmer for ele. Today im finally trying to use mesmer in pve again due to mop, but still stick with ele for wvw

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

I would not play this game if the ele wasn’t in it. It’s the only fun profession. The rest are really dull, I’m just glad other people are happy to play dull professions so I can continue to play my Ele.

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

I remember 12 cd RTL’s it was glorious!

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

adozu.6398

fractal 50 is a VERY specific thing, it’s probably less than 0.1% of the game content and something more than 50% of the player base will never do. I agree eles are a bit too squishy to do fractal easy but pve is a lot wider than that. they are a-ok up to 40 scale or so.

It’s like saying that X is underpowered because they are bad at solo lupicus.

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

What?

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaldrys.1978

Kaldrys.1978

Are you kidding me? Ele fared pretty well this patch compared to the other classes. Did you see what happened to ranger’s frost spirit?

Even with the FGS nerf ele’s are in a very good place for pve. The lightning storm from glyph of storms is excellent for keeping vulnerability capped at 25 stacks and following it up with ice bow 4 does an insane amount of damage. It’s just really unfortunate that our elites are in such a terrible state right now.

The only place people directly asked for eles was SE champ box farm. The standard search text is “exp heavies, berserker stat”. But thanks for playing.

Another place is AC. “Heavies only” is 2nd only to “5000 ap” as the most arbitrary LFG requirement to regularly pop-up. For fractals my group would regularly take 1 or 2 eles into our 50 runs. It’s not that eles are in a bad place, it’s just that pug groups like to minimize risk by taking the 2 classes that are most difficult to fail at.

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

adozu.6398

popularity among pugs doesn’t say much about a class real performances most of the time.

i can’t count how many times me and my girlfriend (which run whatever 2 classes we feel at the moment but always try to synergise the two in pve) joined a “5k+ expert” group only for the host to go “wow that was so easy, my prev group failed so hard they were all nabs”.

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chelu.7492

Chelu.7492

Elementalist is so op that they don’t even need an elite skill, right ?

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stogzlol.4795

Stogzlol.4795

Ele is pretty much awful at this point. I’m not speaking about PvE or WvW.

Pigeon holed into playing D/D for viability.

Yawn….

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Ele is pretty much awful at this point. I’m not speaking about PvE or WvW.

Pigeon holed into playing D/D for viability.

Yawn….

S/F Fresh air is probably better now that thieves are weaker. It even fares very well against zerker turrets, I mean rangers.

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

s/x works fine, staff works fine, d/x works fine.

ele is more than just viable , just higher skill ceiling, (besides d/d cele meta, thats just faceroll, or it feels like at least)

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

He’s still kinda right as far as patch-changes are concerned. There wasn’t a single patch yet without any ele nerfs and even the intended buffs turn out to be nerfs cough elementals cough.
The only thing up to today that I never thought would happen is when anet listened to community feedback and reduced attunement-CD and reverted nerfs on healing signet and the water grandmaster trait.
However, the major issues on ele are still not adressed:

• lackluster elites
  • no good synergy between utilities and traits (except cantrips)
  • half of our utilities themselves are underpowered (glyph of storms, renewal and elemental, conjures except frostbow (and hammer in pve), arcane power, arcane blast, signet of fire and water – nobody ever uses these in any area of competetive gameplay)
  • many bad (GM)-traits that are never used (elemental contigency, elemental surge, stone heart?, written in stone [because signet-builds are still not viable], lightning rod, tempest defense, pyromancer’s puissance) – that’s 7 out of 15
  • lack of defense when not traiting arcane/water – even the most offensive kamikaze-builds can’t do without one or two cantrips and some points in arcane/water.

TL;DR: Eles are viable without doubt, but there’s basically one build for PvE (LH-build with 6P in fire) and one or two for pvp (fresh air or cantrip/water/arcana/might-stacking D/D with only slight variations). That’s such a huge waste of potential that lies within this trait-system. I don’t get why Anet doesn’t do something about that. As it is now it resemebles the old WoW- or LoL-trait systems where you have 3 trees and give all your points into one tree and what’s left into another but basically there are only 3 builds.

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

(edited by Gorni.1764)

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

On a scale from 1-10, how high are you?

Half-yearly reminder

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

I adore my Ele. Staff is my favourite weapon set and really feels unique in that I can actually play a true support role which most other classes don’t do well. Nice change from the regular DPS pace of the game. I’m talking about PVP in this regard of course.

Can the class be better in any way, shape, or form? Of course. All things in life can be made into better things.