Has anyone tried a might stacking build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I’m thinking of making a might stacking build just for the hell of it. I don’t plan on PvP’ing with this build and is purely PvE (I Might test it out on fractals 10-20). That being said, currently, I have:

• 2 superior runes of the monk (+20% boon duration)
  • 2 superior runes of water (+20% boon duration)
  • 2 superior runes of hoelbrak (+20% might duration)

Right now, I’m torn between full berserker’s armor (CoF) and giver’s (which is far more than I’d like to spend). Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

Giver’s is not that good imo. Just take S/D, 30 arcana, Sigil of Battle, boonduration food or something that gives you might and you’re good to go.

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

in Elementalist

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

The Boon Duration Runes are 15%, not 20%. Other than that, it’s just a few Might Duration runes on top of the normal setup, nothing that special about it.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

If you read the forum every few posts is about might stacking for elementalist lol. With the about of combos an ele can pull off it may be the best class for it.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Oh, and here I thought there was something special about it too. Wow, that makes me relieved that I don’t have to get giver’s armor.

in Elementalist

Resouled.5614

Basic might stacking combo with EA and Arcane Wave:

Start in either water or air> switch fire, fire 4> switch earth while moving a bit forward, dodge backwards, hit arcane wave, earth 4, 5. Churning earth will actually blast finish twice even when the combo field is gone before the churning goes off, activating churning is a blast finisher. With this and boonduration, sigil of battle you should be at 18-19 stacks of might.

in Elementalist

Resouled.5614

^ for d/d that is. You can fit in dragon tooth with s/d

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tairs.3802

Tairs.3802

^ for d/d that is. You can fit in dragon tooth with s/d

^ and Pheonix :P If you wanna stack might, and that’s your primary concern, S/D is probably the way to go.

in Elementalist

Resouled.5614

Oh yeah! Forgot about phoenix! ^ I don’t play sd myself so I kinda forgot.

in Elementalist

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

Problem with Dragon Tooth is that the blast finisher now triggers on the target, not the player…

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tairs.3802

Tairs.3802

When I play S/D, I need to be up close for EA, Earthquake and Churning Earth blast finishers anyway, so I’m usually close enough to get the might off that blast finish.

Also for the record, S/F can stack just as much might on lower cooldowns with Firewall, Dragon’s Tooth, Pheonix, Comet, Evasive Arcana and Magnetic Wave, but I’m sure it goes without saying that the might obtained from such a combo would be relatively useless to you.

Edit: I’ll admit, I was crushed when that update happened. I was gone when it and the EA nerf hit, so coming back to it filled me with anguish. Once I finally got back onto my Elementalist after a lot of alts and soul searching, though, I found surprisingly little had changed.

(edited by Tairs.3802)

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

If a might stacking build stacks might while doing other things, it should be fine, but there’s certainly no point to going out of your way to stack might. For example, using phoenix to not hit any enemies so that you can get might because none of them are inside the fire field, is the worst idea ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mahanaxar.1386

Mahanaxar.1386

I plan on doing this with daphoenix’s build instead of Divinity Runes. Wouldn’t it be cheaper to use Runes of the Fire instead, though? The 2-rune abilities are identical for a fraction of the price on the trading post. Oh and don’t forget the Sigil of Battle for 3 stacks of might every attunement swap (cooldown of 10s)!

Relentless Raven, 80 Warrior
Robin Sparklies, 80 Elementalist
Crimethink [ct] – Yak’s Bend

in Elementalist

Posted by: ogreatbeardedone.1953

ogreatbeardedone.1953

reikken, don’t forget that phoenix also adds vitality to speed up dodge and cleans conditions. you also hit on way out and back so can always try and make sure you move so this happens. if you can get in the firefield so much the better though of course

If you are looking for might don’t forget to keep cantrips in mind along with fire trait with at least 10 points. This will give you 3 stacks of might everytime you use a cantrip(though I have noticed that popping all 3 cantrips seems to limit out at 7 for some reason, maybe a bug? but not like you want to use them all same time anyway) I use a 10/0/15/25/20 build and s/f with mist form, armour of earth and cleansing fire. tons of condition removal, 2 invulnerabilities, a reflect and a destroy projectile and 2 blinds though one is dodgeable by enemy.

Currently I’m using carrion armour but want to try rabid and I’m using Rune of the Undead. Not sure if increasing my cond dmg will overcome loss of power, but hoping the higher crit chance will make up for it. So I’m looking at toughness to cut down on their hits, ability to remove conditions often when placed on me, do high dmg DoTs and trading crits chances over power and might is going to be needed both for a bit of power plus the increase to my cond dmg.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaleden.9386

Kaleden.9386

Churning earth will actually blast finish twice even when the combo field is gone before the churning goes off, activating churning is a blast finisher.

FWIW, I’m pretty sure Churning Earth only has 1 blast finisher. When using Churning Earth in a field, the combo icon appears when I first use the skill, but the resulting boon doesn’t appear until I’ve finished channeling the skill. That said, I believe you are correct in that the combo effect will occur even if the field ended in the middle of channeling Churning Earth.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

Basic might stacking combo with EA and Arcane Wave:

Start in either water or air> switch fire, fire 4> switch earth while moving a bit forward, dodge backwards, hit arcane wave, earth 4, 5. Churning earth will actually blast finish twice even when the combo field is gone before the churning goes off, activating churning is a blast finisher. With this and boonduration, sigil of battle you should be at 18-19 stacks of might.

That’s 4 stacks AoE (12 might total for group and self) plus possibly 7 more for yourself (1 from fire attunement, and 6 more if you have 2 cantrips on your bar and spell slinger). The most might you can stack in a single chain d/d is 12 on party and 19 on yourself. Churning Earth will display the AoE Might message on your screen, but will not trigger the 3 stacks until after the blast. You can be knocked down during Churning Earth cast time and the might will not trigger.

s/d or s/f is better for AoE might, but it requires a little more work, 6 AoE might plus the 7 on yourself. S/D is easier because there’s only 1 attunement change (from fire to earth) whereas S/F requires Fire, Water and Earth attunement changes.

Don’t forget, if you have another ele who can put down healing rain, you can AoE heal for 4 blasts on d/d or 6 on s/d-s/f too.

wish more ele’s understood that we are extremely useful in WvW and Dungeon’s if we focus on these support roles as well as just our own damage output.

(edited by SlimGenre.6417)

in Elementalist

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

I run a Might stack S/D build in PvE. I use the same runes OP mentioned. From my experience, Power/Vitality/Toughness gear is a better choice than Berserker’s for this build.

Reason being that in order to get the full Might stacking combo off (Ring of Fire → Phoenix →Dragon’s Tooth →Arcane Wave → Earthquake → Churning Earth) you need to be standing still for 8 full seconds, while in melee range of multiple mobs. With P/V/T gear, it’s not hard to tank standard groups of mobs that way. With Berserker’s, it is.

I often find that in full Berserker’s you need to cancel the full combo and switch to Water to keep yourself from getting killed. In terms of getting the maximum Might stacks for you and your party, P/V/T gear is the superior choice.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FourTwenty.4268

FourTwenty.4268

Churning earth will actually blast finish twice even when the combo field is gone before the churning goes off, activating churning is a blast finisher.

FWIW, I’m pretty sure Churning Earth only has 1 blast finisher. When using Churning Earth in a field, the combo icon appears when I first use the skill, but the resulting boon doesn’t appear until I’ve finished channeling the skill. That said, I believe you are correct in that the combo effect will occur even if the field ended in the middle of channeling Churning Earth.

this is correct. no double finisher lol

I run a Might stack S/D build in PvE. I use the same runes OP mentioned. From my experience, Power/Vitality/Toughness gear is a better choice than Berserker’s for this build.

Reason being that in order to get the full Might stacking combo off (Ring of Fire -> Phoenix ->Dragon’s Tooth ->Arcane Wave -> Earthquake -> Churning Earth) you need to be standing still for 8 full seconds, while in melee range of multiple mobs. With P/V/T gear, it’s not hard to tank standard groups of mobs that way. With Berserker’s, it is.

I often find that in full Berserker’s you need to cancel the full combo and switch to Water to keep yourself from getting killed. In terms of getting the maximum Might stacks for you and your party, P/V/T gear is the superior choice.

and I agree here, it takes SO much finesse to pull off zerker gear on even a regular ele, let alone a might stacking one that has to turret to combo.

go PVT gear

(edited by FourTwenty.4268)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I really like might stacking on my Ele. This is PvE

I start in Water, use Shatterstone (sometimes twice)>Fire> Dragon’s Tooth>Ring of Fire>Phoenix>Earth>Earthquake>dodge in the ring to get the blast finisher from Evasive Arcana>Churning Earth>use all 3 cantrips then switch to Air while Churning Earth is casting to get fury before it ends

Build is 10/10/0/20/30. Fire VI, Air VI, WaterV and IX, Arcane IV V and XI.

Knight’s Armor, Cavalier’s jewelery with Beryl Orbs, Knight’s Weapons with 2 sigils of Superior Accuracy. Ruby orbs on armor.

Skills are: Glyph of Elemental Harmony, Cleansing Fire, Armor of Earth, Lightning Flash, Glyph of Elementals or Tornado. I try to use the Glyph in anything but Air, usually Fire for more damage and more Might, or Water for Chill/Healing

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Elementalist

Posted by: gkrit.9416

gkrit.9416

I have tried a might stacking build… and…TBH…I switched right back to my previous build.

Reason: No survivability and it literally forced me to play in fire element 24/7

Just get yourself a sup sigil of Battle with some increased boon duration effects and you’re set. Im able to reach 10 stacks of might provided I switch attunements at the right times… but i dont really focus on building up these might stacks anyway. To me theyre just a nice little bonus that I dont even worry about micromanaging.