Heal Change: Ether Renewal

in Elementalist

Posted by: kybraga.7103

kybraga.7103

I’m sure a lot of you miss this nice heal… Well, used to be nice, so let’s look at the options for making it better.

Ether Renewal: [Currently] 625 per pulse, also removes one condition per pulse. Total of eight pulses. [CD: 18; 3.5 cast-time] -This is without healing power and level 80.-

Ether Renewal: [Currently and Traited] 625 per pulse, also removes one condition per pulse. eight pulses. Gain Vigor and Regeneration at end. Possibly another condition removed. [CD: 14.5; 3.5 cast-time] -This is without healing power and level 80.-

So, what we could do to make this better:
-Lower the cast time to 2.
-Increase healing per pulse by 44%
-Make it heal more if it clears a condition. 66% more if it clears a condition in that pulse.
-Make it 2 second cast time and heal 22% more.
-Vote your idea and liking.-

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ancient Ranger.3276

Ancient Ranger.3276

That would make is a little overpowered IMO. This is want Anet should get away from. They should in general with every heal is lower the base heal and raise the ratio from healing power.

Éleura Elementalist’s on YB
Elementalist
#Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Having it as a cast time then an after-effect would make the heal a lot better because I absolutely hate it when I get interrupted right when I start casting ER and it just goes onto full cooldown without any kind of heal.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

It’s a great utility, but with high opportunity cost. You get easily interrupted if not properly positionned/timed/covered, and you can’t apply any pressure except insta cast abilities. Armor of earth isn’t even a guaranteed full channel due to boon strip/conversion and it’s a huge waste anyway. Under heavy pressure and focus, you can just forget about it unless you can LF to a safe spot.

It would be nice to have on heal skill procs from runes start at the beginning of the channeling though. It works with rune of radiance (light aura at start of the cast), but most runes apply the bonus at the end. Rune of the revenant could work the same way for instance.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock