Heal Stat on D/D Elementalists Useless??

in Elementalist

Posted by: sapphyredragon.6437

sapphyredragon.6437

Am I the only one who feels like it’s hardly useful to spec into healing power? Let’s say you get 925 healing power from your amulet and 300 from speccing into Water. That puts you at 1,225 assuming you aren’t getting any other bonuses. What, exactly, does that mean for your heals?

DAGGER:
Cone of Cold goes from 740 to 1,132 (8 sec CD) ((Oh, and for those who didn’t know “The healing is separated into 4 small heals which added up to the amount stated…” according to the Wiki. Which means it doesn’t do 1,132 healing per person unless there is only one person AND they stay in the cone))

Cleansing Wave goes from 1,302 to 2,527 (32 sec CD—Holy cow, that is terrible)

STAFF:
Water Blast goes from 370 to 492.5 (With no CD, so not bad for those who use Staff, I guess. “1 attack per 1.35 seconds” according to Wiki, which means Water Blast would heal 11,851 in 32 seconds if spammed… which I don’t think actually happens, but still. That is approximately 5x better than Cleasning Wave! )

Geyser goes from 808 [x3] to 1114.25 [x3] (16 sec CD, which means in half the time it takes Cleansing Wave to recharge it does about 30% more healing; In other words, Geyser does 2.5 times more healing than Cleansing Wave in the same amount of time. )

I could go on, but basically what I’m getting at is this: Healing in this game sucks for D/D elementalists. It doesn’t even come close to mitigating enough damage. You might as well get Vitality or Toughness because even at max you aren’t going to out heal most character’s dps.

Is it because they don’t really want healing to be a part of the game? If so, why does it seem like Guardians and Staff Eles have much better heals? D/D eles have the same base stats as Staff eles, but they have to rely on close combat and they don’t even get close to decent heals?? Daggers have quite a few good support moves, so why would they kitten the healing aspect of the skills for what was obviously meant to be a support class?

Please, let me know if I am incorrect on these numbers or anything else.

in Elementalist

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

I think healing in D/D is great but it doesn’t profit as much from healing power. Hence why only a few of my trinkets (3) have healing power. Later on those will be replaced with cavalier or berserker ones anyway. I feel I am bunker enough without the healing power so I’m opting for damage instead.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

in Elementalist

sapphyredragon.6437

I guess my point is that it could be a lot better. It’s kind of ridiculous how high the recharge is on Cleansing Wave. The only reason (IMHO) that D/D ele isn’t completely useless with healing is because of the traits that give other heals—which are available to all eles, not just D/D. They’ve made it so that we practically depend on the water trait-line, but the +300 healing power we get from it is utterly useless. I hate that.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Although not specific to D/D ele,
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Ripple
scales excellently with healing power.
that + cleansing wave = practically a 2nd slot 6-heal skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: Torqky.3682

Torqky.3682

You are crazy. You have heals that scale 1.0 for every healing power… Your good healing skills all align with good specs/traits etc.

Torqky-80 Necro-Blackgate [HB]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Natedogg.9254

Natedogg.9254

So… just to be clear, you want each tick of the healing cone to heal for your full healing power?

Now that wouldn’t be absurd or anything.

in Elementalist

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Cleansing Wave goes from 1,302 to 2,527 (32 sec CD—Holy cow, that is terrible)

So doubling the value of the heal is “terrible” ?? 0_o

I don’t have the math written down anymore but DD Ele is actually the build-type that benefits the most from healing power. Not only does it have more healing effects than almost all other builds..but most of them also have great healing power multipliers(as opposed to guardians which have mostly horrible ones).

My DD is the only char I have with healing power gear.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in Elementalist

sapphyredragon.6437

I wish I understood what you people are talking about, so I’ll try to address you individually…

You are crazy. You have heals that scale 1.0 for every healing power… Your good healing skills all align with good specs/traits etc.

Hahahahahahahahahahah! Where do you see that? Cleansing Wave does and that is hardly enough. Which I guess is why it has a ridiculous recharge. Still, it is not powerful enough to offset that recharge (I’m counting the 20% reduced cool-down). Most players have low-recharge attacks that BLOW THIS HEALING OUT OF THE WATER.

So… just to be clear, you want each tick of the healing cone to heal for your full healing power?

Now that wouldn’t be absurd or anything.

That is not even close to what I said. =/
I’ll explain as simply as I can, though. Cone of Cold has a base heal of 740. If one has a healing power of 1,225, then the math would look like this:
740 + (0.32 * 1225) = 1132
Which means that Cone of Cold heals for a total of 1,132 per use. That is split between 4 tics, which means 283 health per tic. Yeah, it’s a noticeable increase per tic, but that’s still pretty lame considering most teammates run out of the cone before getting all 4 tics. If 283 doesn’t look like a lame amount of healing to you, then you must not realize how dps works.

So doubling the value of the heal is “terrible” ?? 0_o

Uh, no. That 32 second recharge even with the 20% faster cooldown is just crazy. But yeah, other games have higher multipliers for good heals or you have more ways of getting higher healing power. A multiplier of 1 for healing power that cannot even come close to as high as the stats for power, toughness, vitality, etc. is not all that great. Even conditions (which generally can’t get any higher than healing power) at least can have stacks.

Speaking of which, condition damage per second is easily brought to 600 (per stack!) for burning. Regenerate doesn’t even ever get that high; at 1,225 healing power, regenerate tics for 283.125. That is laughable. We have limited options for dealing with conditions and the lowest health? Poorly planned out, IMO.

Seriously, can someone show me the math before telling me I’m wrong?? Is someone on the wiki trolling and giving false info? If not, everything I am showing you is exact, impeccable math as far as I know.

in Elementalist

sapphyredragon.6437

Although not specific to D/D ele,
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Ripple
scales excellently with healing power.
that + cleansing wave = practically a 2nd slot 6-heal skill

Did not mean to leave you out! : )
However, yeah, it still bothers me that that is available to all eles. I feel weak (healing-wise) compared to staff eles who can just stay on the outskirts of the battle and heal their allies with super strong heals, while I have to be right in the thick of it with lamer heals.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Torqky.3682

Torqky.3682

What about traits? Evasive arcana allows you to do a cleansing wave very 10 seconds. Isn’t there healing once you attune to water if you trait it too?

Torqky-80 Necro-Blackgate [HB]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

DD and staff get different types of heals.

DD gets the best burst healing, Staff gets the best heal over time. Burst healing is what’s going to save a player from glass cannon builds. Staff’s Geyser can and will miss active players.

You’re also apparently disregarding all of the heals DD can trait into just as much as Staff can – EA = an extra cleansing wave every 10 seconds; Healing Ripple = an extra cleansing wave every 10 seconds (though you have to use another trait slot to make it cure a condition), Soothing Mists is a passive half-regen; then there’s the extra regen buff on attune from that one popular Arcana 10 trait, and your healing slot.

Add it all up, and healing is worthwhile no matter which weapon set you use for an elementalist. D/D has worse healing over time, but it’s far more likely to actually save somebody’s life.

Condition removal as an issue… as an elementalist? You can take the Water XI trait which gives condition removal whenever you gain regen (Glyph heal skill, regen on attunement), the water trait which makes cantrips give regen, stack 3 cantrips and that gives you 4 instant cast condition removals. 7 if you take cleansing flame. At least 2 of which are stun breaks and could potentially give you invincibility for a couple seconds, or an escape option, or stability. If you give up the 20% water skill cooldown, you can also grab the “cure a condition when attuning to water” trait to boost that number up to 8 instant cast condition removals spread over 4 skills, every single one of which grants you regen on top; plus the condition removal whenever you dodge, the condition removal from Glyph of Elemental Harmony, the condition removal from Cleansing Wave… If you don’t want the Glyph there’s Ether Renewal which will give 8 condition removals over the duration of its cast.

Elementalists have some of the best freaking condition removal options in the game.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vicarious.3047

Vicarious.3047

I could go on, but basically what I’m getting at is this: Healing in this game sucks for D/D elementalists. It doesn’t even come close to mitigating enough damage. You might as well get Vitality or Toughness because even at max you aren’t going to out heal most character’s dps.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right, good one!

oh wait… you were being serious?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But in all seriousness, eles don’t need anymore healing in any spec, they already heal more then every class besides the guardian…..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

DD gets the best burst healing

But scepter\dagger has even better burst healing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Need to learn to use the forum search lol

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Dagger-dagger-and-healing-power/first#post1096247

I will repost what I did there but TL:DR is yes healing scales well across the board for ele no matter the set.

“Guys need to learn to read the wiki.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cone_of_Cold 32%
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleansing_Wave 100%
Rest is elsewhere and is the same across sets.
I will tell you with enough healing power you wont need to use your heal if its the signet. Reason I have EA still revolves around this fact. Ele overall scales very well with healing power D/D is no exception.
Loviatrix. has more precision than me but were in the same ball park I have 802 healing power and might stacks plus the high base damage of churning earth make up for the rest.
Ohh and your biggest heal is http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Ripple. for argument sake staff http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Rain as water field is strong but due to CDs its not. On a funny note scroll back up to Cleansing wave. Read its tooltip. Its the same As ripple. In fact its better it has an innate cleanse. Now think of that combined with http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Evasive_Arcana and the regen you get on attunement (if traited most are though) and http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soothing_Mist. Now while regen and mist don’t scale well they heal often and stack. Now add in http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Restoration. Except the signet all the rest is group healing
Now think about it. The strongest weapon set heal as far as scaling goes is on none other than Dagger off hand save the beastly http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Water_Trident which no one uses so it doesn’t count lol joking.
To repeat. Ele overall scales very well with healing power D/D is no exception.
This may kitten some staff eles off but were all DD here. Cone of cold if you look at it is the most consistent no passive heal we have. Its on a low cd of10 seconds (so it lines up with the lowest attunement cd), its mobile (so you can move with other players), it has relatively strong dps (vs no dps from other healing skills save the beastly water trident), and it has a decent range.”

Nods

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Skills that aren’t Healing Skills (slot 6) should per definition be weaker. As for why it’s not useless…

You’re looking at individual skills. The main appeal of healing power on an elementalist is that you have multiple, often usable healing. On a typical D/D, you get Cone of Cold, Cleansing Wave, Healing Ripple and heal from dodge roll (and of course your main healing skill). And then there’s also regeneration and Soothing Mist, which you’ll likely have active 90% of the time or more.

Assuming you use each of them on cooldown, every 30 seconds (roughly Cleansing Wave’s cooldown). That ill be 3 Cones of Cold, 1 Cleansing Wave, 3 Healing Ripples and 3 Evasive Arcanas.

No healing power:
740*3+1302*1+1302*3+1302*3=11334
925 healing power:
1132*3+2527*1+2527*3+2527*3=21085

That means your added healing power will give you roughly 10k extra healing every 30 seconds, and that’s not even considering the effects of regeneration or your healing skill. It’s like getting a second slot 6 skill.

I’d call that significant.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

(edited by ThiBash.5634)

in Elementalist

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

i think 1200 healing power is little to much, better 800-900 i think (my d\d ele have 900 and for me is awesome)

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

in Elementalist

sapphyredragon.6437

I am not even sure if half of you read the original post.

D/D eles are clearly weaker than staff eles at healing. I am curious if this is an oversight, or if they really just didn’t want D/D eles to also have super strong healing builds like the Staff ele.

Yes, like I have said at least twice now, I realize that there are traits that improve the healing aspect. However the traits are the same for ALL ELEMENTALISTS. Which means I am disregarding those in this comparison because I am comparing the DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE TWO.

in Elementalist

sapphyredragon.6437

Thank you, ThiBash for the info. I am truly appreciative. However, it is unfair that I cannot stand toe-toe with a Staff ele in PvP.

in Elementalist

sapphyredragon.6437

TheGuy, thank you for posting that, however it changes nothing. My statement still stands that D/D is weaker than Staff healing-wise.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

More of eles healing comes from the attunement switch to water, the regens from doing so, the evasive arcana water roll, soothing mist etc, then from any of the 1-5 weapon skills and it isn’t even close.

For anyone using signet of restoration, D/D also heals more than the staff with that too due to faster attacks.

(edited by Minion of Vey.4398)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Which means that Cone of Cold heals for a total of 1,132 per use. That is split between 4 tics, which means 283 health per tic. Yeah, it’s a noticeable increase per tic, but that’s still pretty lame considering most teammates run out of the cone before getting all 4 tics. If 283 doesn’t look like a lame amount of healing to you, then you must not realize how dps works.

……

But yeah, other games have higher multipliers for good heals or you have more ways of getting higher healing power.

This seems to be a recurring theme in your reasoning. While you make good points, this specific game is specifically NOT like those other games. Healing in this game was never intended to match dps. There are many other forms of damage mitigation.

ANet’s vision of active combat doesn’t include standing around taking hits to the face and insta-healing to full repeatedly. Whether or not you enjoy this style is another topic altogether.

TheGuy, thank you for posting that, however it changes nothing. My statement still stands that D/D is weaker than Staff healing-wise.

Also, staff is weaker at self might stacking, gap-closers/escapes, aoe interrupts, auras, casting speed (healing signet? still sucks huh? ok….) and handling anything in melee range. Also, these apples are way redder than these oranges.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

(edited by Thrashbarg.9820)

in Elementalist

Dingle.2743

Nods

Agreed. I should’ve specified I was talking in reference to staff vs D/D.

Thank you, ThiBash for the info. I am truly appreciative. However, it is unfair that I cannot stand toe-toe with a Staff ele in PvP.

Uhhhh… what?

If you can’t handle a staff ele in PvP because of their healing, you’re probably doing it wrong.

Geyser requires the elementalist to more or less stand still for 3 seconds if they want the full heal.

Healing Rain’s overall healing is so slow that you can outdamage it anyways.

Water Blast only heals in an AoE around the target – the elementalist themself is rarely in close enough range to benefit from this.

Blast Finisher from Eruption on water fields… is incredibly predictable. It tells you where the elementalist is going to be in just a few seconds.

Everything else? OH WAIT DISREGARD THAT D/D HAS ACCESS TO ALL THE SAME TRAITS. lulz.

Once you realise that a staff elementalist is never going to get the full healing out of their skills, have difficulty landing most attacks in PvP, and are pretty much outclassed in terms of damage by D/D… why complain that they heal better? Destroy them and move on.

Besides, if I recall correctly, you titled your thread “Heal stat on D/D elementalist Useless??”, you’re complaining that the stat doesn’t feel useful, and then people here are pointing out that even on D/D, 900 or so healing power is worth 10k hp over 30 seconds, which means in any fight that’s 30 seconds long it’s worth 1000 vit… and bunker D/D elementalists can survive a heck of a lot longer than 30 seconds.

(edited by Dingle.2743)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jarek.2430

Jarek.2430

If my interpretations of the formulas listed on wiki are correct

Cleansing wave 1302 heal.
100 points into healing power provides an extra 100 health which is an increase of 7.68%
500 points into healing power provides an extra 500 health which is an increase of 38.4%.
800 points into healing power provides an extra 800 health which is an increase of 61.4%

If above is correct then the % increase is different per weapon skill and heal since each has a different base heal and a different base multiplier to the total healing power.

100 healing power =

WEAPONS
Staff:
Water Blast = +3.7
Geyser = +3.0

Dagger (Main):
Cone of Cone = + 4.3

Dagger (Off):
Cleansing Wave = +7.68

Sceptor:
Water Trident = +6.9

HEAL
Signet of Restoration = +1.5
heal bonus per cast = +5.0

Glyph of Harmony = +1.5
Regen (when in water) = +7.7

Ether Renewal = +2.4

Benefits per healing points favors Sceptor/Dagger.
Due to heal per cast I would say benefit per healing point favors Signet of Restoration.

in Elementalist

Vicarious.3047

I still can’t believe there are eles complaining about not healing enough……. I mean, SERIOUSLY!?

in Elementalist

sapphyredragon.6437

First of all, I would like to say that I am comparing a D/D ele in the sense of a support class. I am not necessarily concerned with healing MYSELF with these heals. I have the cool AoE heals for my teammates (I don’t think Cone of Cold even heals me when I use it-I sure as heck have not noticed it doing so), but it seems they have overlooked D/D as a good support weaponset. It just feels like a silly overlook to me.

For anyone using signet of restoration, D/D also heals more than the staff with that too due to faster attacks.

That is, indeed, a very good point. I suppose I didn’t think of it because I don’t like that Signet. It’s a great concept, but it seems to not work properly. I have no idea what it considers “Spells” because it definitely doesn’t seem to keep me alive as well as Ether Renewal. I both love and hate using Ether Renewal, but it seems to work best in actual battle (PvP).

The first thing you said is good info, if somewhat obvious. Eles don’t have a lot of damage mitigation that they can share with their teammates, however. It is soooo annoying when I can’t help my teammates stay alive for kitten, then one of them heals me practically to full in 2 seconds flat from about 10% health. I feel so useless when that happens. I don’t even know how they do it! I’m pretty sure my Necro heals better than my ele! Those Wells.

The second paragraph……. lol. I play a D/D ele. Standing around? Hahahahahah, like I could even TRY to stay alive that way. If I’m standing in one spot for more than a second, it’s because I’m casting an AoE.

The third paragraph is good info and truly seems to be an answer to my orginal question. Thank you. BUT…. the 1,200 range should more than make up for not having a gap-closer. My RtL has a base 20 sec recharge and it’s hardly viable to get the cooldown reduction trait in Air for a single move. Air is not strong enough to waste the trait points. RtL is the only good long-range move I have and people still cry over that kitten.
Oh, and to elaborate more on the Signet of Restoration: Until they make it so that Auras can stack, it’s useless for me to have more than a couple signets, unfortunately. I end up wasting them too quickly because I need the others more. I chose to eliminate Signet of Restoration because it seems the least helpful (and consistent). I like Ether Renewal.

I guess I should have said that a little better. What I mean is that I cannot stand toe to toe with a Staff ele healing-wise and/or support-wise. I am comparing the weapon sets as if both were being used for support. Which is why I asked if ArenaNet just doesn’t want D/D eles to be good at support. I find that ridiculous if it is the case.
I don’t think I’ve ever fought a Staff ele 1v1, so I couldn’t tell you whether or not I’d beat them.

Yes, we can be support, but not very good support compared to multiple other classes even. It is very unfortunate.

Also, you generally cannot afford to put that much into healing as a D/D ele because to survive long enough for that to be helpful you need Vitality and some Toughness. In fact you should have Reduced Water Cooldown, Cantrips, Condition Removal, Extra Heals, etc…. But OH WAIT those are ALL in the same trait line. I’m simply explaining why it is obnoxious that Staff eles have more healing available in their weapon set and therefore it is easier for them to make a build around.

I still can’t believe there are eles complaining about not healing enough……. I mean, SERIOUSLY!?

Please, feel free to elaborate. Your strange outburst means nothing to me without some facts to back it up.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Daggers = greater damage and mobility
Staff = greater support and healing.

It is as simple as that.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Elementalist

sapphyredragon.6437

Honestly, I entirely ignored Water Trident in the Wiki because I assumed it was an underwater ability. lol. That was silly of me to overlook. At least now I see why some people use Scepter.

I am also admittedly a bit confused by how you are showing it. Sorry. D=

100 healing power should give

WEAPONS
Staff:
Water Blast = +10 healing
Geyser = +25 healing (but techinically x3)
Healing Rain = +50 total healing

Dagger (Main):
Cone of Cold = +32 healing

Dagger (Off):
Cleansing Wave = +100 healing

Sceptor:
Water Trident = +100 healing

HEAL SKILLS
Signet of Restoration = +50 healing
Heal bonus per cast = +10 healing

Glyph of Harmony = +75 healing
Regen (when in Water) = +125 total healing

Ether Renewal = +120 healing

This is according to the Wiki page for each, individual skill.

Please note that healing per second is just as important (if not more so) than burst healing. Especially since the largest “burst heal” heals for about 20%, or less, of your total health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

I’m sorry, but don’t you see that the problem is rather you? Not the ele’s healing power.
Look for eg. ranger – best you can do is to improve just a little healing skill with quite much no self-regeneration.
Running with 140-150hp rec/sec from soothing mist and twice as much from regeneration applied by cleric elementalist is huge difference. Beside that ~450hp/sec healing ele can recover 7k health of party member in no time:
>Be around ally during battle
>Dodge switching to water
>Cleasing Wave – 5
With healing gear each of those 3 gives 2.5-3k health. The triple combo you can do every 40sec, else 2/3 every 10sec = 5k health.

Sure…. we can all agree that ele is still so underpowered far behind rangers and necros.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in Elementalist

sapphyredragon.6437

Daggers = greater damage and mobility
Staff = greater support and healing.

It is as simple as that.

Indeed, it would seem that way. D=
However, the point of GW2 was supposed to be that you could have pretty much any build you wanted. You should be able to focus on just about anything (within a realm of reason, of course) in any class and make it viable. And why give me those lovely heals and clearly meant-for-a-support-role Auras, but make a support build lame? You can’t possibly focus on all the things needed in a D/D support build because of the Trait lines. Which is another topic entirely, I know…. Ugh.

in Elementalist

sapphyredragon.6437

I’m sorry, but don’t you see that the problem is rather you? Not the ele’s healing power.
Look for eg. ranger – best you can do is to improve just a little healing skill with quite much no self-regeneration.
Running with 140-150hp rec/sec from soothing mist and twice as much from regeneration applied by cleric elementalist is huge difference. Beside that ~450hp/sec healing ele can recover 7k health of party member in no time:
>Be around ally during battle
>Dodge switching to water
>Cleasing Wave – 5
With healing gear each of those 3 gives 2.5-3k health. The triple combo you can do every 40sec, else 2/3 every 10sec = 5k health.

Sure…. we can all agree that ele is still so underpowered far behind rangers and necros.

Sorry, but you must not be talking about PvP. It is not possible to get your healing quite that high in PvP because of the limited amulets. But, uh, thanks for trying?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Either in sPvP and WvW one has no problem going for 1300healing without runining every other stats. Don’t forget it might go 250 higher due to sigil of life and at WvW it’s even higher due to 7% healing power improvment ’’Medic’’ grants you.
In sPvP cleric amulet gives 798h.p. according to wiki. Another 300 comes from points in water. It can go 165 (from runes) and 250 (from sigil) higher – so guess max is 1513 at sPvP (might be wrong). So regeneration gives 320health per sec and soothing mist around 160. Cleasing wave itself gives 2815.
I’m not going to argue you over internet mate, but don’t you see people would be more likely to agree with me than with you?

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in Elementalist

sapphyredragon.6437

Either in sPvP and WvW one has no problem going for 1300healing without runining every other stats. Don’t forget it might go 250 higher due to sigil of life and at WvW it’s even higher due to 7% healing power improvment ’’Medic’’ grants you.
In sPvP cleric amulet gives 798h.p. according to wiki. Another 300 comes from points in water. It can go 165 (from runes) and 250 (from sigil) higher – so guess max is 1513 at sPvP (might be wrong). So regeneration gives 320health per sec and soothing mist around 160. Cleasing wave itself gives 2815.
I’m not going to argue you over internet mate, but don’t you see people would be more likely to agree with me than with you?

Did you read the original post? Even a little? lol.
I specifically based my numbers around the Cleric Amulet and Jewel, giving 925 healing power. Then I added 300 to that for the Water Trait line, bringing it to 1225. If you want to get a little extra then you use the runes. However, that barely brings it above 2.5k. If you are using the Sigil of Life successfully on a support ele build that has 1225 dedicated to healing power, you are either some kind of ridiculous PvP beast or you are playing 3 year old girls.

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

However, the point of GW2 was supposed to be that you could have pretty much any build you wanted.

You can play any build you want. Nowhere does it say they’re all equally good at everything though.

You should be able to focus on just about anything (within a realm of reason, of course) in any class and make it viable.

Apart from the fact that there are NO dedicated healers in Guild Wars 2 by design, you can still give some decent healing support…by switching to staff.

And why give me those lovely heals and clearly meant-for-a-support-role Auras, but make a support build lame? You can’t possibly focus on all the things needed in a D/D support build because of the Trait lines.

That depends on your definition of support. Support in Guild Wars 2 isn’t limited to damage prevention and healing. The support you give as a dagger/dagger ele is either offensive (fury, might,snares) or to lessen the pressure of the other melees (minor heals and condition removal).

Staff is better as support in the same way daggers are better for damage. If anything, healing is a small part of the supportive nature of the build. You may not be able to keep a facetank up, but you can save a dodging teammate by first chilling the opponent and then heal him for whatever damage his own healing skill couldn’t cover.

You are NOT a healer. There are NO healers in this game. You can however supplement the self-heals that every player has.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

sapphyredragon.6437

ThiBash, I used “support” not “heal” for a reason. There is not really a way to get the stuff you need as a supporter because of the way the Traits are laid out. D/D has the most/best access to Auras, but you have to spec 20 into Fire to get the Fire Aura on Signet use, and 30 into Water to be able to share Auras with allies, then you only have 20 points left and you can’t even get the Earth trait that allows you to maintain passive effects of Signets. You’re probably also going to want the 10 point trait in Air that makes Auras give swiftness, but you also practically need 20 points in Earth to get Protection from Auras and 20% reduced cooldown on Signets. Even if you can successfully choose to eliminate one of those traits, you won’t have anything in Arcana—which most say is necessary.

Why give us the Auras? To tease us?? D=
If we can’t use those well, then we should have weapon heals that are equivalent to the Staff.
SOMETHING needs to be fixed. I am just giving a multitude of options on these forums in hopes that someone will listen/understand.

in Elementalist

Vicarious.3047

Please, feel free to elaborate. Your strange outburst means nothing to me without some facts to back it up.

Didn’t realize my comment would be hard to understand, seems pretty straight forward to me o.O

I mean an ele can fully heal themselves 3 times in 10 seconds while in a full burst spec and continue keeping up pressure on their target….

Seems fine to me lol

in Elementalist

sapphyredragon.6437

Didn’t realize my comment would be hard to understand, seems pretty straight forward to me o.O

I mean an ele can fully heal themselves 3 times in 10 seconds while in a full burst spec and continue keeping up pressure on their target….

Seems fine to me lol

lolwut?

You a troll?

Please, tell me how one would accomplish that!

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

The idea behind the aura build is not to combine the signet build with it. Also, keep in mind that you can also generate auras through the use of combos.

The point of my earlier post, is that you’re not supposed to be supporting everyone all the time. That’s not how this game works. Party members are supposed to support eachother. You may not be able to spam an aura every second, but you’re not required to either.

But you’ll also be unlike to be 100% a damage dealer, or 100% a tank…the point of the game is to compliment eachother…not to take on a role all by yourself.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

This argument again … I have 1,038 Healing Power and use either a 0/10/0/30/30 or 0/20/0/20/30 build and no one can spike me through my healing output.

With my full-time buffs included … I usually run around with:
Power: 2118 , Precision: 1132, Toughness 1598, Vitality 1456, 10-20% Crit Damage, and 34% Crit Rate.

I get two free 2500 point AE Heals every 10 seconds with Evasive Arcana and Healing Ripple. I heal for over 300 every time I attack and get 400 healing/second from both regen and my water aura.

I have people constantly asking me to group with them because of my massive healing ability, so I would hardly call it wasted.

Plus I still hit like a truck, especially once I cap out of 25 Might Stacks with Fire/Earth/Evasive Arcana/Signet of Battle.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Elementalist

Dolan.3071

This argument again … I have 1,038 Healing Power and use either a 0/10/0/30/30 or 0/20/0/20/30 build and no one can spike me through my healing output.

With my full-time buffs included … I usually run around with:
Power: 2118 , Precision: 1132, Toughness 1598, Vitality 1456, 10-20% Crit Damage, and 34% Crit Rate.

I get two free 2500 point AE Heals every 10 seconds with Evasive Arcana and Healing Ripple. I heal for over 300 every time I attack and get 400 healing/second from both regen and my water aura.

I have people constantly asking me to group with them because of my massive healing ability, so I would hardly call it wasted.

Plus I still hit like a truck, especially once I cap out of 25 Might Stacks with Fire/Earth/Evasive Arcana/Signet of Battle.

90% of that healing goes to just yourself. So I don’t know why people care that your heals are good for being in the party. A staff healer has better AoE heals by far. Also not sure if that’s what you mean regarding EA as a blast finisher to stack might, as that no longer works anymore.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

90% of that healing goes to just yourself. So I don’t know why people care that your heals are good for being in the party. A staff healer has better AoE heals by far. Also not sure if that’s what you mean regarding EA as a blast finisher to stack might, as that no longer works anymore.

99% of all statistics are made up, but I could believe that 90% of YOUR healing only goes to yourself. I actually dodge into my teammates to heal them and since I swap to water as part of the dodge they get the attunement heal, hot, and cleanse as well. I would say that ~80% of all my healing goes to my team. The only healing that doesn’t go to my team is my signet. So I get around 1000 healing a second and my team gets around 800ish.

EA causes blast of the Earth Dodge roll. If you are in earth and dodge into a fire field and swap to water you will set off both a water and earth dodge effect … the earth one granting 3 stacks of might to everyone around you.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

(edited by Taldren.7523)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

EA causes blast of the Earth Dodge roll. If you are in earth and dodge into a fire field and swap to water you will set off both a water and earth dodge effect … the earth one granting 3 stacks of might to everyone around you.

If so, that’s a bug. EA is supposed to have an internal cooldown, so you should be getting only the earth roll blast and the heal from the water swap, but not an extra heal from EA rolling into water.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

Everytime I’ve dodge rolled and switched attunement with EA I’ve always ended up only getting the latest EA elemental effect o.O not both.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Seems fine to me lol

You can’t even fully heal yourself 3 times in 10 seconds with a full bunker spec.

in Elementalist

Dolan.3071

Sorry Taldren, not buying it. EA is no longer a blast finisher, I have never seen a dual EA happen, ever. My guess is that you’re seeing your health go up from simply switching to water attunement as water EA has no animation to identify it. Other than that, the actual skill Cleansing Wave has an ungodly long cooldown. Therefore most of your healing is coming from simply being an Elementalist, having very little to do with your weapon choice. Staff (literally) blows this out of the water with blast healing from Eruption and Healing Spring. If you dare try to add Cone of Cold into this argument then I will truly write you off as the troll that you are.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Elementalist

Posted by: BLKNovember.5620

BLKNovember.5620

Well dual daggers is meant for damage and cc not heals.

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

in Elementalist

Dingle.2743

Sorry Taldren, not buying it. EA is no longer a blast finisher, I have never seen a dual EA happen, ever. My guess is that you’re seeing your health go up from simply switching to water attunement as water EA has no animation to identify it. Other than that, the actual skill Cleansing Wave has an ungodly long cooldown. Therefore most of your healing is coming from simply being an Elementalist, having very little to do with your weapon choice. Staff (literally) blows this out of the water with blast healing from Eruption and Healing Spring. If you dare try to add Cone of Cold into this argument then I will truly write you off as the troll that you are.

The blast finisher was removed from the dodges in Water/ Fire and Air attunement, where it existed as an unintended side-effect of Churning Earth (the earth dodge’s skill) having a blast finisher.

Blast finishers were removed from all attunements’ dodges, but later added back into Earth’s dodge. That said, D/D’s only combo fields are fire fields. In theory they could carry Healing Seed Pods to generate water fields on the fly to blast finisher in, but that’s only applicable in PvE and dungeons.

One of the biggest benefits for D/D healing is that the player is always in range of party members for all the small AoE heals, whereas the only reason a staff player would wade into melee range at all is to use Healing Ripple and Evasive Arcana. Thus the D/D’s healing will happen as a side-effect of them playing normally, while a staff user has to go out of their way to use those traits. Most players I’ve encountered also move very erratically during combat and are hard to target with a geyser. Some even actively avoid them… I actually find it easier to heal people with the short AoE burst heals from traits than actual staff skills at times. The healing is delivered instantly, making it a lot easier to connect with.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Healing power is fine but 925 way too much IMO. You’re going to be missing something important. Maybe half that and you’ll have a good balance of sustainability and team healing, burst defense (effective HP), and damage.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jarek.2430

Jarek.2430

Honestly, I entirely ignored Water Trident in the Wiki because I assumed it was an underwater ability. lol. That was silly of me to overlook. At least now I see why some people use Scepter.

I am also admittedly a bit confused by how you are showing it. Sorry. D=

Ok let me try again.

Cleansing wave 1302 heal. Per the wiki 100 points into healing power provides an extra 100 health. So Elementalist with only 100 healing power casting cleansing wave would provide a 1402 heal; which is an increase of 7.68%

100 points into healing power provides an extra 100 health which is an increase of 7.68%
500 points into healing power provides an extra 500 health which is an increase of 38.4%.
800 points into healing power provides an extra 800 health which is an increase of 61.4%
Each 100 points provides 7.68% increase from the original heal total of 1302.

Water Trident provides a 1448 heal. Per the wiki 100 points into healing power provides an extra 100 health. So an elementalist with only 100 healing power casting water trident would provide a 1548 heal; which is an increase of 6.90%.

100 healing power

Note: I did 100 healing power and also added 972 healing power.

WEAPONS

Staff:
Water Blast: 270 heal > 280 heal = +3.7% 972 healing power total heal = 367.2
Geyser: 808 heal > 832 heal = +3.0% 972 healing power (hp) = 1051

Dagger (Main):
Cone of Cone: 740 heal > 772 = + 4.3% 972 hp = 1051

Dagger (Off):
Cleansing Wave = 1302 > 1402 = +7.68 972 hp = 2274

• nerf to dodge heal (from evasive arcana) providing only half heal actually may benefit healing power depending on when they do the calculation. If the addition of healing power comes after they subtract from the core heal then its a benefit. 651 heal and with a 1:1 from healing power +100 healing power would equal a 751 heal. Compared to if they take the heal and healing power 1402 and then subtract it would be a 702 heal.

Sceptor:
Water Trident = 1448 > 1548 = +6.9 972 hp = 2420

HEAL
Signet of Restoration = 3275 > 3325 = +1.5% 972 hp = 3761
heal bonus per cast = 202 > 212 = +5.0% 972 hp = 299.2

Glyph of Harmony = 4,894 > 4569 = +1.5% 972 hp = 5623
Regen (when in water) 1300 > 1312.5 = + 1.00% 972 hp = 1421.5

Ether Renewal = 5000 > 5120 = +2.4% 972 hp = 6166.4

Does Healing Ripple = cleansing wave?

(edited by Jarek.2430)

in Elementalist

Vicarious.3047

lolwut?

You a troll?

Please, tell me how one would accomplish that!

Quite easily actually:

First use signet of restoration and glyph of elementals.

When low on health switch to water, that heals you, use con of cold and thatll be roughly a full heal. If it’s not then auto attack in water a couple times, done. Unless you have you ice elemental out, then he’lll finish it for you.

Then if you need to do it again, use cleansing wave and switch to fire and use drake’s breath, thatll put you at full or near it. Again if it’s not quite there again use some auto attacks (fire works just as well for that) if the elite ice elemental isnt up ofc.

Then finally you have the healing signet itself, and by this time the cone of cold will be off it’s 10 second CD and you can use it again (before you use the signet ofc, to get a greater effect).

My d/d ele has about 11-12k health, so maybe that’s why it works, and i guess technically it’s a tad over 10 seconds cause I have to go through the cast of cone of cold, but still as a full burst specced ele I should not be able to heal THAT much while keeping up the pressure at the same time (or just zoom away with some of the greatest mobility in the entire game).

guardian is literally the only one who can match that but they can’t come close to the same amount of damage output.

(edited by Vicarious.3047)

in Elementalist

Dolan.3071

The blast finisher was removed from the dodges in Water/ Fire and Air attunement, where it existed as an unintended side-effect of Churning Earth (the earth dodge’s skill) having a blast finisher.

Blast finishers were removed from all attunements’ dodges, but later added back into Earth’s dodge. That said, D/D’s only combo fields are fire fields. In theory they could carry Healing Seed Pods to generate water fields on the fly to blast finisher in, but that’s only applicable in PvE and dungeons.

One of the biggest benefits for D/D healing is that the player is always in range of party members for all the small AoE heals, whereas the only reason a staff player would wade into melee range at all is to use Healing Ripple and Evasive Arcana. Thus the D/D’s healing will happen as a side-effect of them playing normally, while a staff user has to go out of their way to use those traits. Most players I’ve encountered also move very erratically during combat and are hard to target with a geyser. Some even actively avoid them… I actually find it easier to heal people with the short AoE burst heals from traits than actual staff skills at times. The healing is delivered instantly, making it a lot easier to connect with.

This…. Is actually a good point. I run D/D with healing power myself so the staff healer being far from combat didnt even cross my mind. Also I do believe that the Earth EA isn’t actually Churning Earth, it just looks like it and is actually just Shockwave, which does NO damage?

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]