Healing Power on WvW staff?

in Elementalist

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

Is Healing Power worth it to help with water fields?

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

If your trying to help your friends through healing then just grab runes of the monk and the new 30 water trait. You will heal more then a elementalist that has full clerics on assuming he isn’t also running rune of the monk and the new trait.

I did some raids with my guild today in full cavalier armor I didn’t change my trinkets which have 2 celestial pieces and the healing was good. I have a cav set with monk runes on. It isn’t selfish but it definitely helps your friends and it allows you to still build for damage.

I ran 0/4/0/6/4

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aphrodesiac.2913

Aphrodesiac.2913

If your trying to help your friends through healing then just grab runes of the monk and the new 30 water trait. You will heal more then a elementalist that has full clerics on assuming he isn’t also running rune of the monk and the new trait.

I did some raids with my guild today in full cavalier armor I didn’t change my trinkets which have 2 celestial pieces and the healing was good. I have a cav set with monk runes on. It isn’t selfish but it definitely helps your friends and it allows you to still build for damage.

I ran 0/4/0/6/4

Just curious, how much does your Geyser and Healing Rain heal for?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

On my ele Im using the new water trait, runes of the monk and sigil of benevolence. at 25 stacks my geyser heals for 1600-1700 under per tick to allies. Soothing mist does 200, regeneration does 300. The craziest part is attuning to water and evasive arcana dodges which go up to 3.9k hp each. even water autoattack does 900 healing aoe per hit.
thats with cleric armor+staff, sentinel jewels, 0-0-2-6-6.

I only use this for small scale wvw (3-8 people). I dunno how useful it is in larger scale wvw.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aphrodesiac.2913

Aphrodesiac.2913

I run 0/2/0/6/6 or 0/0/2/6/6 staff with the new water trait as well…I have to say, you can do some crazy things in mass pvp and stay alive. I’ve literally just rushed in head first into a zerg of 30+ and tank them while my zerg starts wiping them. You can get CRAZY tanky then mist form out and heal up and resume to back line healing/ccing/etc. I don’t know if this is viable at all in mass pvp but it’s fun as heck to do.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I ran 0/4/0/6/4

Just curious, how much does your Geyser and Healing Rain heal for?

Just take the heal listed on your tooltip multiply by 1.35 so if your geyser is 2150 then 2150 * 1.35 that represents the monk runes and the trait.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

I’m not really fan of healing power on staff ele in WVW. On my mind, healing is provided by combo finisher in water field. If your group is efficient, they’ll explode water field far enought to get full life without you going monk and new trait.

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

I’m not really fan of healing power on staff ele in WVW. On my mind, healing is provided by combo finisher in water field. If your group is efficient, they’ll explode water field far enought to get full life without you going monk and new trait.

the ability to lightning flash to an ally and instantly heal everyone for 8k+ health is ridiculously good in smaller scales where blasts are a precious commodity and warriors are not overabundant;
as you said, efficiency is lower when you have enough allies but you should not be so quick to dismiss it for other wvw situations.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hofdrache.5387

Hofdrache.5387

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

as you said, efficiency is lower when you have enough allies but you should not be so quick to dismiss it for other wvw situations.

That was not my intention ^^ I’m running full celestial, so i dont dismiss direct healing. Sorry if i communicated that ^^’

-

My though fit to the 2nd post in the topic linked above.
“Nice build/orientation, but not really needed in the meta”

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

(edited by Mattmatt.4962)