Healing Staff Water Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: YoYz.5714

YoYz.5714

Greetings I just wanna ask some professional Ele here if what armor is best for Healing Staff ele? is it Full Celestial or Full Cleric ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Most people won’t answer cause Healing power stat is the worst modified stat in the game, you get the least out of it. Cleric will heal more, Celestial keeps your other stats more in check. If you really want the best healing numbers, go cleric, if you don’t want to sacrafice the rest, go celestial. Use sigil/rune of Exerbance (i think they are called) who increase outgoing heal potential.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

I’ll be sad to inform you there aren’t any proffesional players on this game.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

I’ll be sad to inform you there aren’t any healers in PvE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Reokie.7809

Reokie.7809

Healing power is a bad spec, dont stat for it. Instead stat for CC if you want to support your party. In pve fights don’t last long enough to need heals and you can simply DPS down mobs before they do any damage to you.

Gaaxi 80 D/F Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

Full heals can be useful in WvW, but is not welcome/efficient in PvE. As mentioned, cleric gives biggest heals if you’re trying to get the most out of Aquatic Benevolence.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Elementalist

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

For tpvp you could actually trait for staff bunker with either celestial or cleric. I don’t like staff so i can’t tell you wich set is the best for that, that’s the only part of the game where you may want to invest in a staff healing build though. For www, your main healing will be done by guardians and warriors blasting your fields, and for pve, you won’t need that healing.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Elementalist

Rainshine.5493

For www, your main healing will be done by guardians and warriors blasting your fields.

Depends on what you’re doing. Small-scale the ele will be doing much of the blasting — or should be, anyway. Works really well with warrior buddies especially, because you give them that extra time to pewpew without withdrawing and they have enough natural defense to give regen/soothing mist plenty of time to keep ticking.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

I’ll be sad to inform you there are, wether they’re welcomed or not lies in the eyes of the beholder!

:3

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

For www, your main healing will be done by guardians and warriors blasting your fields.

Depends on what you’re doing. Small-scale the ele will be doing much of the blasting — or should be, anyway. Works really well with warrior buddies especially, because you give them that extra time to pewpew without withdrawing and they have enough natural defense to give regen/soothing mist plenty of time to keep ticking.

I wouldn’t take a full cleric ele, especially using staff, in small scale. Staff is just too slow imo to keep up with a D/D or S/x roaming spec, and the healing from dd or even d/F is already high enough with celestial or a bit of zealot. But maybe that’s just me.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

I would so much like to be healer in this game for PVE but first you have to go zerkier as much as possible in this game not pull aggro from the bosses and for staff ele heal to shine somebody has to blast the fields but without voice while pugging nobody does that.

I hate that when I put Cleric gear, only the thing in the dugeons that bosses/mobs hit is me, the light armor guy gets the pounding while he doesn’t have full zerker gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: Reokie.7809

Reokie.7809

I would so much like to be healer in this game for PVE but first you have to go zerkier as much as possible in this game not pull aggro from the bosses and for staff ele heal to shine somebody has to blast the fields but without voice while pugging nobody does that.

I hate that when I put Cleric gear, only the thing in the dugeons that bosses/mobs hit is me, the light armor guy gets the pounding while he doesn’t have full zerker gear

Thats why you use your mobility to not get hit. Eles have access to lots of mobility and “oh kitten!” skills (ie Mist Form). So getting targeted shouldn’t be an issue. Healing in PvE is looked down upon since healing isn’t mitigating any damage like Weakness, Protection, or Chilled do. Healing leaves you having to waste time healing for X amount of HP that might still be DPSed down seconds later.

Gaaxi 80 D/F Ele

in Elementalist

Rainshine.5493

I wouldn’t take a full cleric ele, especially using staff, in small scale. Staff is just too slow imo to keep up with a D/D or S/x roaming spec, and the healing from dd or even d/F is already high enough with celestial or a bit of zealot. But maybe that’s just me.

I still prefer D/D for WvW, and I think staff has a higher skill requirement to use effectively (something I still need to work on) but it is a viable alternative if you’re looking to shake things up. You really can take on bigger groups that way imo.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

Greetings I just wanna ask some professional Ele here if what armor is best for Healing Staff ele? is it Full Celestial or Full Cleric ?

Since everyone else in this thread seems mired in their own opinion instead of trying to help you out with something you’re obviously interested in, I recommend you give Zealot’s a try.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQFAWnMISTD2yAWPAfEGADwIHCeBfQRBgyHhbQPA-TxBBABYp8DgLAAq6AUV9Ht2fghHAwZKBJEgzJA-e

I’m sure some of the people who can’t quite meet the standard of “be perfect zerk at all times” would appreciate a bit of healing pick me up sometimes. Good luck.

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blood Lord.5687

Blood Lord.5687

ok for starters your question just leaves questions, such as do you mean a healing staff build for PVE WVW or PVP? When leaving a question on the forums it helps others help you if you are specific as possible.
If your looking for a healing staff spec for PVE, just don’t bother. it is completely useless as you need to do as much damage as possible to clear creeps in a good amount of time. I would suggest celestial as it gives ele a well rounded spec, which works well with ele in many ways than 1 AND you gain powerful healing. The zealot choice by bluefox is definitely a choice to consider! You will have to craft celestial and or zealot btw. so be prepared for that.
But if you meant WvW, which i think you are. Run cleric, which the armor/weapon/trinkets for exotics are pretty cheap compared to other armors gold wise. i would still recommend celestial though. But my 1st ele set was cleric, it was and still is alot of fun. although i run full zerker now. I like the dmgs. But if supporting your allies is your playstyle and the exotics is what you like go for ascended armor/weapon/trinkets. The cleric spec can be run in PVP as well. so cleric everything. from armor to your weapon to your trinkets. Runes should be monk ( http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_the_Monk ), so you gonna need todo some dungeon runes for those runes. This rune increases all outgoing healing to allies , also pick up the trait in grandmaster called ( http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aquatic_Benevolence ). Sigils should be Energy and life. I suggest for your utility, atleast what i run is http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcane_Brilliance comboed with http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcane_Wave and dodge rolling into earth is a 3 blasts sure to heal your allies to full. GL HF!

Majestic Royales ~ Champion Illusionist (R80)
Apex Prime [ApeX] , BlackGate

in Elementalist

Posted by: BulletNG.7069

BulletNG.7069

I’m pretty sure “professional players” don’t browse these forums. I myself am a pretty decent support elementalist but I don’t consider myself a “professional”.

Concerning the topic at hand I personally feel that you should stat towards your playstyle. Every, if not most, Elementalists play different.

Dawn of Dementia [DUI] – Yak’s Bend
Formerly: Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness