Healing worth it?

Healing worth it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Henqquli.5078

Henqquli.5078

Hi, I have lvl 80 elementalist with full healing gear. Also I got some vitality, toughness and condition damage. I can solo monsters in level 80 areas easily, but in the end is healing gear worth it? Around 1050 healing I still dont heal too much. Only way is to geyser + healing rain + blast finisher (By myself or somebody else.)
I love supporting but most of people complain me to not being dps elementalist.
So should I buy new gear or what? :l

Healing worth it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Looria.8019

Looria.8019

Guess this is better to be placed into Elementalist subsection.

Healing worth it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Skugga.5298

Skugga.5298

This is my personal opinion but I find the D/D healing for Ele a lot better than the staff healing : )

Healing worth it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

This is my personal opinion but I find the D/D healing for Ele a lot better than the staff healing : )

I also like D/D healing better. Low CD on the icy breath skill and I find most people immediately run out of my geyser so that only healing rain does alright.

I believe the general mentality in dungeons/PvE is that the best form of healing is to finish off the boss before he can do too much damage. Unfortunately most bosses have 90% or more damage on big skills and most healing does maybe 10-20% of HP over time.

RIP in peace Robert

Healing worth it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: JonSnow.5610

JonSnow.5610

I stacked healing power as well on my elementalist, and I use staff build in dungeons and WvW. I have to say it’s pretty amazing how survivable it makes you, if traited in water for a heal and you attune to water you get a nice chunck of health back.

You’re water skills for healing are pretty nice as well.

And staff people isn’t a dps built either way, to few single target dps skill for that on your weapon. If you want to dps (and have less support healing/condition removal which is what we are suited for best) then you need to switch to a D/D build in toughness.

You shouldn’t adapt to what other people “believe” the class should be, you should play the way you like your elementalist and what suits you best. If that is a more supportive rol then please don’t buy new gear, you will only get disgruntled with yourself.

Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?
Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise can not see all ends

Healing worth it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

D/D + Evasive Arcana = Uber heals in water, Dodge heal with 1k Healing = about 2 – 3k every 9 second dodge.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Healing worth it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Henqquli.5078

Henqquli.5078

Urgh.. But I enjoy staff too much :l

Healing worth it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: JonSnow.5610

JonSnow.5610

Then don’t change you’ll only regret it if you do

Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?
Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise can not see all ends

Healing worth it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: sachiel.8051

sachiel.8051

D/D is a better healer. 840 healing on my ele, and between Cone of Cold (2), Cleansing Wave (5), Elemental Attunement (on Attune), Evasive Arcana, Cleansing Wave (trait) and Cleansing Water, I’m throwing quite a number of heals and condition removals in a larger area than with a staff and it’s little font circle that everyone runs out of. I’m always always healing myself and putting out quite a bit more damage while doing it.

Healing worth it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Cone of cold (D2) has the weakest heal by far. One tic of geyser (S3) heals for about the same as the full channel on cone of cold. On the other hand, cleansing wave (D5) is awesome.
But water fields are also awesome. And uh.. evasive arcana isn’t limited to daggers. lol. Dodge roll in water, lay down water field, swap to earth, roll again for the blast finisher. Or from earth, use eruption, swap to water, lay down water field on top of it. and optionally dodge roll for the heal. Staff definitely has more healing potential than dagger.

(edited by reikken.4961)

Healing worth it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: sachiel.8051

sachiel.8051

Perhap, but I feel like I’m more effective landing those heals, especially on highly mobile mobs (mossman) or ones that involve quite a bit of dodging, making even better use of evasive arcana. Evasive arcana on staff requires you to gap close in on the field, which is probably close to the mob, going against the grain of the staff’s happy 900-1200 range. I’d rather pbae or cone a heal than drop a static that people run out of after 1 tick. You’re probably also closer to teammates who need healing for Elemental Attunement using daggers. Additionally, daggers are WAY more fun.

Healing worth it?

in Elementalist

reikken.4961

The 1200 range is more to let me reach things than to let me fight from out of harm’s way. I don’t actually have move myself to any particular location in order to attack, so I can place myself wherever is most beneficial.

If people run out of geyser after 1 tick, so be it. It still healed for as much as cone of cold would have. and then if they don’t run out, it heals for a lot, and if the field is finished, even more. The only actual advantage cold cone has is the cooldown. It’s up every time you switch to water, while geyser might not be. Also, healing rain is a huge field, so its placement is pretty flexible. It does fine even if things are moving around. And other people can use it to heal themselves. The only bad part about it is that you can’t move while casting it. which can indeed be pretty bad sometimes.

Healing worth it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

If you can teach your teammates (in dungeon’s for example) to stay INSIDE your geyser and/or rain and use their blast finishers (while also using your own), the staff will way WAY outperform D/D in terms of group healing. D/D healing is better for solo healing however (especially with the signet of restoration due to passive healing on casts).

Staff can also get the 10s dodge roll heal in water via cleansing wave (evasive arcana), the regen from elemental attunement, etc., so that’s moot when comparing D/D healing to staff healing.

then don’t change but make it a point to inform your teammates what geyser looks like and have them use blast finishers inside it if they need heals.

The group healing potential of a staff far outweighs that of D/D, provided you and your teammates know about combo’s.

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

(edited by Bsquared.3421)

Healing worth it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrQuizzles.6823

MrQuizzles.6823

Healing is so worth it. It’s the very basis of all our bunker builds, by which I mean it’s the very basis of our one good build. If you don’t think you heal too much, then you’re doing something wrong.

Be sure to have at least 15 points in the Water trait line. The heal that fires when you switch into Water attunement is invaluable, and it’s an AoE. The heal on EA is excellent, and it’s an AoE. Cone of Cold actually has about 90% of the healing power of geyser, so it’s a very formidable healing skill (it, too is an AoE). The 15-Point Arcana minor trait helps Soothing Mist stick around for a longer period letting you have it up almost all the time, and that’s regeneration that stacks with regeneration, which is pretty nice.

There is just so much healing you can do. So, so much. Much more than any other profession.

Healing worth it?

in Elementalist

reikken.4961

then don’t change but make it a point to inform your teammates what geyser looks like and have them use blast finishers inside it if they need heals.

leap finishers too
heartseeker spam inside a water field = lol

Healing worth it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Also, keep in mind that your water fields will combo with any finishers your teammates may have. Any projectile finisher will add a few seconds of regen, any blast will result in a heal. D/D doesn’t have that.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Healing worth it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: SomeoneElse.3685

SomeoneElse.3685

Staff healing is probablly better for WvW in my oppinion and experience but D/D combination may be a bit hard to get used to after all of the usage of staff you had because of the range but I guess what I am trying to say is that its what you prefer more.
:D

Hatarius [FG]
Gunnars Hold EU

Healing worth it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: thelawofone.6342

thelawofone.6342

I do great with Aky’s full support:max heal build in spvp guildwars2guru.com/topic/67305-akys-build-compilation/ not very difficult to 1v2 either.

Healing worth it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

Healing rain takes too long to conjure. Better off with d/d

Healing worth it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Healing rain takes too long to conjure. Better off with d/d

That is because its use is for group type events. I was part of a zerg-fest on the arah event – and you can imagine what my healing rain was doing to the zergs.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!