Healing

Healing

in Elementalist

Posted by: Carter.3865

Carter.3865

I’ve noticed somehing odd.
i decided to use some traits in the water field, now when i use a point in it for some reason my healing doesn’t change, it doesn’t go up.
Now it says it increases heal by 10 so doesn’t that mean my healing should increase by 10?
I don’t understand it, my Vitality goes up ok.
Anyone have any ideas?

Healing

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sarelm.8317

Sarelm.8317

It doesn’t scale exactly, just like power doesn’t scale exactly for your damage. If getting 100 power meant every one of your moves did 100 more damage, things would get insane very quickly. On top of that most of water attunement’s healing is from the “regeneration” buff which I really don’t know if it scales from healing, or if it does, it’s like a DoT. To a much lesser degree.

You laugh because you think I’m joking. I laugh because I’m not.

Healing

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Regeneration does indeed use Healing Power.

Edit for more detail:
This is the formula for Regeneration
5 + (1.562 * Level) + (0.125 * Healing Power) per second

So at these three levels, you can see the difference per tick at 80
0 healing power: 130
500 healing power: 192
1000 healing power: 254

Basically, every 100 healing power adds on 12-13~ health per tick.

(edited by Ryld.1340)

Healing

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

It doesn’t scale exactly, just like power doesn’t scale exactly for your damage. If getting 100 power meant every one of your moves did 100 more damage, things would get insane very quickly. On top of that most of water attunement’s healing is from the “regeneration” buff which I really don’t know if it scales from healing, or if it does, it’s like a DoT. To a much lesser degree.

I think you meant HoT – Healing over Time, not Damage over Time. But I would agree that’s exactly what the Regeneration boon is, a typical HoT heal that stacks in duration and scales with Healing Power. Not much different from other games honestly.

Healing

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Correct me if i´m wrong but i recall hearing that healing doesn´t scale very well at higher amounts?

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

Healing

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Correct me if i´m wrong but i recall hearing that healing doesn´t scale very well at higher amounts?

You’re pretty much correct in this as it uses a decently large stat budget. I use it however as Elementalist because there’s quite a few things it benefits as staff in my traits.

Healing Skill
Regeneration
Water Blast
Geyser
Healing Spring
Cleansing Wave (Dodge on Evasive Arcana)
Combo Blast Finishers with Water
Soothing Mist
Ice Elemental Elite Heal (Maybe?)
Attuning to Water

Healing

in Elementalist

Carter.3865

Thanks for the feed back guys.
I think I understand, so about 12 healing for every 100.
It doesnt seem that much to me but still…
I was planning on using my ele as a main healer in dungeons.
Also while I’m here, Is there only the 2 healing abilities, as from the water ones or am I missing some?

Healing

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

I’m not in front of the game atm but depending on what weapon/s you have equipped you have at least 2-3 weapon skills alone that heal. The unlockable skills someone else will have to verify.

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

Healing

in Elementalist

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

with evasive arcane (30 in arcane) you get blast finisher on rolling for every attunement (10 seconds CD per attunement) Allowing you to blast finisher in Geyser and Healing Spring for an AoE heal.
I’m currently at about 1250 healing power and that blast finisher heal for like 1k5.
My geyser heal for 1k per tick (3 ticks) and my regen tick for about 280. Soothing mist (passive heal in water attunement with water minor trait) heal for about 150 per tick. Water blast heal for about 500. My ice elemental elite heal for about 4k5-5k (No clues if it is increased by my healing power), attuning to water heal for about 2k5. If you master the blast finishers in water fields, you can easily heal your allies more then they can heal themselves with their own heals. You can blast finisher with eruption and arcane wave as well as dodging with evasive arcana. Cleansing wave from evasive arcana also heal for about 2k5-3k (as well as removing condition).

So yeah, even if at first the healing power seems rather weak, for a staff elementalist, you can dish out a crazy amount of healing when using combos and managing your attunements well.

Ryld, a couple post above, mentionned every heals you can get from a staff support spec.

Healing

in Elementalist

Carter.3865

Thanks a lot guys, I shall have to refer to that list

Healing

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sarelm.8317

Sarelm.8317

Thanks for the feed back guys.
I think I understand, so about 12 healing for every 100.
It doesnt seem that much to me but still…
I was planning on using my ele as a main healer in dungeons.
Also while I’m here, Is there only the 2 healing abilities, as from the water ones or am I missing some?

There is no “Main healer” in dungeons. If you want to play “support” you will be a much bigger help passing around buffs than you will trying to heal people. Even the healing chain mentioned above just barely meets what most players can do themselves. Pairing those with Protection/Aegis/other defensive buffs is the only really impactful way to keep the party up. Your buffing and other support abilities are many though. The “clear conditions of yourself and allies” on water attunement switch especially has saved my kitten quite a few times when my elementalist friend picked it up. Lightning’s got a nice projectile reflection along with a lightning field, one of 2 of them in the entire game. Earth cripples and snares, being a great aid to kiting mobs and water applies Vulnerability, which increases damage taken by that mob by 3% for every stack.

You laugh because you think I’m joking. I laugh because I’m not.

(edited by Sarelm.8317)

Healing

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Yes, don´t fall in to thinking that healing is best support in this game.

It´s nice and all, saves few arses here and there, but still not best way to do suport.
Keeping mobs off of your team is the best support. 3aoe cc fields, 1 aoe swiftness, even more from utilities and traitts. That along the fact that you prettymuch can´t avoid from casting combo fields, meaning that nearly every and each finisher goes through one, granting massive amount of boons.

Healing is useful too though, but one needs to understand that in this game youshould overheal like there´s no tomorrow. If melee player engages a mobs they will start taking damage, so you should just drop healing field on top of them the moment they engage, with casting times they will have already taken damage before you´re finished casting.
Once you´ve used the water fields, though, never linger in water attunement, swap to earth or fire to deal damage and use earth and air to cc if necessary.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

Healing

in Elementalist

Posted by: gkrit.9416

gkrit.9416

Signet of restoration works best with a regen type build. I wield daggers and have maxed the water tree (i only have 300 healing power) so im healing on average for 300 health every second while attacking.
If not attacking, i heal for 100+/- health (while attuneed to water obviously).