Help a "noobish" Gw2 ele player! :O

in Elementalist

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

Ive played for around 1 month, thoug I am full geared(as far as i know of xD), just heard about how good trinkets are, thoug the problem is that the one I want cost about 16 gold for making 1 :/ (passiflora orichalcum amulet of the apothecary) Cond dmg, healing power and toughness.
Is there any other way, should I focus on getting another trinket, or is that one worth the money?
Thank you in advance! xD

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Not worth it for an elementalist. Condition damage doesn’t do well for elementalists without very specific builds (even then, it’s lackluster). I’ve written pages about this, and I would again, if I’d just drank coffee, but it’s late, I’m sure someone else can explain if you’re really curious.

Cleric’s is a much better choice if you’re going for healing power, and you can get a full set (pretty much) for the cost of one apothecary piece.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

That reminds me, I really wish there were a way to test PvE/WvW gear before getting it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

try heart of the mists and experiment with different stats on the golem thingies.

As for armor type, I prefer clerics for trinkets and armor. Also you could try and change it up with almost anything because the elementalist is always changing between elements he’s never stuck in one role so you could/should spread your stats around a bit. Since your armor is (I presume) healing power toughness and cond. Dmg you might want to get berserker accessories.

in Elementalist

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

Problem is that i am insecure if I even should even go Cond dmg at all now any names of trinkets i should try?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Condition damage is awful for an Ele.

Go for almost anything else. Clerics for Bunker in PvP/WvW, Knights for Hybrid-DPS in WvW, or Berserker in PvE/Dungeons.

Here’s my guide to the Ele in dungeons in PvE: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Neko-s-Guide-to-the-D-D-Ele-in-Dungeons-1

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Problem is that i am insecure if I even should even go Cond dmg at all now any names of trinkets i should try?

Apothecary and Rampager (50/50) would be some that come to mind but condition damage is not really one of our better specs. But if you do go down that road use Scepter and condition duration so you can stack up lots of bleeds and burns. Focus in off-hand for some CC.
Rampager is primary precision and apothecary is primay healing so if you use superior sigil of water and some kind of constant sigil plus Rune of the Undead. it should work.

It’d work but there are better options. Still seeing all those 100’s from bleeding stream out of an enemy looks awesome

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

I think that trinket has some good stats. Building for condition as a primary focus is a mistake, but ignoring it is not acknowledging the fact that bleeds from Churning Earth stack up to alot of aoe damage. That skill alone justifys putting condition damage in a build imo. Base damage bleeding for 8 seconds 2720 damage times 5 targets and it bypasses armor. Adding 100 condition increases bleed damage by 11.7%. It adds up to alot real fast with very little investment in the stat.

I don’t get 100s like Swimsasa, but my balanced build is getting me 60s for 3840+ times 5 targets plus crits on the initial proc for 3000+ per target. Crits of course are wildly variable.

in Elementalist

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Your main damage stats are: Power, Critical Damage, and Precision

Condition damage is a minor damage stat for an Elementalist due to the amount of conditions you put out along with the scaling of condition damage versus the main damage stats. With this in mind some condition damage is good (through might stacking, sigil of battle, or celestial trinkets). However, you should not sacrifice too much of your main damage stat for condition damage.