Help vs Engineer

Help vs Engineer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swiper.8352

Swiper.8352

Hello everyone, so I have been playing Guildwars 2 since the game has come out. I had taken a few months off from the game and now am getting back into it.

I really enjoy WvW and roaming as a dps class. I have an Elementalist that is duel dagger. I have all Celest Gear with Dywana healing runes.

I have 2 Ascended and the rest exotic.

For some reason I just cant beat a engineer 1v1. They are either flipping around to much, putting turrets that either put me on my butt, trap me, or pull me in and do a TON of damage. Even when I run earth, fire and water, or Fire water and arcane, I can only get them to about half if I’m lucky.

Is this typical? I mean are engineers just that good? I realize they are much harder to fight up close but, they are impossible to pin down with all their turrets.

Anyone have an suggestions? Are engineers broken?

Help vs Engineer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Engi in WvW who specs into sustain has a lot of sustain that you won’t be able to kill in 1v1. However, if you play correctly, you shouldn’t die either.

Try to avoid their AoE, don’t try to rush to kill them (hint: you won’t). Basically, hit them, and if you feel like you cant kill them in a minute, just abandon the fight and move on.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Help vs Engineer

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

I you go to their AOE you will die, practically if neither of you makes a mistake, it can kill the other one.

Save your RTL always to disengage, heal to full return to fight, he will do the same, when he is low, he will CC you and heal to full or go to stealth and heal.

Help vs Engineer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

lol celes ele asking “are engineers broken?”.. good one

Help vs Engineer

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

He is speaking from WvWvW in which there is no balance, with the infinite gear customization, food, different working sigil/runes, yeah Engi is quite effective in WvWvW and Ele is not as OP as PVP in WvWvW.

Help vs Engineer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

You’ve gotten some decent advice, but I’d just like to add that engineer matchups are very strict on how much damage you put out. Historically I’ve always had more success with more offensive setups. Your dwayna rune and full cele setup raises question marks.

Basically if you can’t manage to pretty much wrap the fight up in one good armor of earth, you’ll just lose the sustained fight. Even though you have more heal per second strictly speaking, you stand 0 chance between cantrips. You’ll get overcharged nonstop which will kill you sooner rather than later.

So get more damage, space out cantrips and get used to using lightning flash as a makeshift stunbreak rather than an offensive tool.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

Help vs Engineer

in Elementalist

Posted by: roelvanesch.2817

roelvanesch.2817

If you are running full cele healing runes, your damage isnt great. Do you stack might sufficiently? Without might, the spec would do not neay enough damage to beat any sustain build.

Help vs Engineer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I would change the rune.
Then it depends to which damage you lean.

Maybe such a route helps leeching your oponent.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYhcMouhdOwxB8RMIAIU3lVjAFOM/mVE-T1xHABCcCAIb/hlU+5meg5UCCwDAIR1fCAgAsz6MAO6RP6RP6RbnHdnHdn7sQAlHDA-w

Help vs Engineer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

If you picked dwayna cos they are cheap, try water runes instead, they have 20% boon duration, not as good as 45% on might with strength runes but still a lot better than dwayna.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr