Help with keybindings

Help with keybindings

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

I just started to play an elementalist and my keybinds are annoying me. I’ve put evade on shift because I’m used to play fps games and that’s usually my sprint. I could get away with this on other classes, but now I’m short on keys.

My attunements are on 1,2,3 and 4, but I found these keys rather annoying to reach. I don’t have to move my hand THAT much, but it’s a lot less convenient compared to the keys around zqsd (azerty).

So what do you think, should I rebind shift or is getting used to 1,2,3,4 really not that big of an adjustment as it now feels?

At the moment I have :

Skills : F E M4 M5 m3
Utilities : X C V (next to eachother on my keyboard)
Attunements : 1, 2, 3, 4
Dodge: Shift
Loot: Ctrl

Help with keybindings

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Help with keybindings

in Elementalist

Ivonbeton.6814

Like you even read my post. I’m not looking for the basics, I had a specific question. I’ve never used the 1-5 buttons in any game. I found them hard to reach and I was wondering if it’s a matter of getting used to or if it’s something others have experienced.

Help with keybindings

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

Nah, just have zxcv for attunement shifts.

1-6 can stay where they are.

I like having RTFG for utilities. Works amazingly while I work da touchpad for direction and targetting while having the other hand handle the spell casting and movement.

Course, it depends on your keyboard layout. I had four different laptops over the years and they all definitely felt different.

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

Help with keybindings

in Elementalist

Posted by: elithrar.7143

elithrar.7143

I use:

Shift + R/C/V/B for attunements
1/2/3/4/Q for spells
R, T, shift + T for utils
shift + Q for my elite

[TKG] Mollify

Help with keybindings

in Elementalist

Ivonbeton.6814

So you guys use shift and have no problems reaching the numbers? Maybe I need a new keyboard because I hate how I have to move my hand to get to 1-5

Help with keybindings

in Elementalist

Posted by: elithrar.7143

elithrar.7143

I have “large-ish” hands, but not incredibly so. I re-bind 5 to Q as it makes sticking to WASD a bit easier.

Apple aluminium keyboard, so not anything special in terms of key spacing.

[TKG] Mollify

Help with keybindings

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I use:

Move: ASDW
Evade: E (super easy to hit)
Skills: 12345
Attune: F2, F3, F4, F5 (don’t need to be super-fast, maybe would have to switch if I want to play thief-ele with the stupid S/D burst) I also chose these b/c they were easy enough to reach with my keyboard.ww
About face: Q
Utilities: R,G,V
Heal: C
Elite: B (rarely used, most of the time I forget about it anyway)
Look Back: N

Everything was chosen to be close to my left hand and be reachable without straining (the largest shift is to N with my thumb while looking back on my staff or nades engie).

If I decide to change anything up, using Shift would be a food idea though. You can also shift a few things around if you like programmable mice. I prefer just right/left click as a enough.

Help with keybindings

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lavadiel.6231

Lavadiel.6231

I bind it according to the game UI and use thumb for utils/elite and little finger for attunements/skills while sill having 3 fingers free to move on yghj.

atunements: asdf
skills:zxcv
move:yghj
utils:nm,./

also its easy to switch to other professions.

ps.
The default wasd 1-4, F1-F4 is unplayable on ele

Attachments:

Help with keybindings

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wraistlin.6072

Wraistlin.6072

FYI: I double tab to dodge, and make heavy use of auto run (my middle mouse click).

What works for me:
The biggest thing that helped me was changing A, D to the left and right strafe (instead of the default turn), and then I set F1-F4 to Shift, W, A, S, D.

That way I never have to move my hand off of the movement keys, and can quickly swap.

A side note: I do run a logitech G700 mouse, so I do have 2-5, 6, 10 as hotkeys on the mouse. For the utilities (7, 8, 9) I use Q, E, and Shift +Q respectively.

Overall I have less hand movement which allows for quicker response.