Help with water/ice elementalist.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Marcin.7250

Marcin.7250

I would like to ask in regards of water magick line, if it can be built to do most possible demage with scepter/focus combo.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

in Elementalist

Posted by: law.9410

law.9410

I’m afraid it can’t unless you use lightning hammer which doesn’t make sense for your question. The damage from that set comes cycling between elements. Make it easier on yourself by making your key-binds convenient. I have fire set to ‘q’, earth set to ‘mouse button 3’, water set to ‘alt’ and air set to ‘shift’ for example. Scepter/dagger will be better for leveling, I like scepter/focus when fighting other people. Also, imho scepter doesn’t “come alive” until lvl 80 when you get the ‘fresh air’ trait. Stick with scepter as it’s super fun!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

S/F max damage.
You need to invest in the Air line taking Fresh Air (this is a must have)/Air Training/Bolt to the Heart.
I take it you are trying to put more survival into the build? It won’t be necessary in PvE so I figure you are in a game-mode with some sort of PvP going on.

Depending on if you want Arcane skills to go off CD faster or more raw damage, you put points in Arcana or Fire lines. You go a maximum of 4 points in Water so as you also get Elemental Attunement, which is very helpful in PvP.
Looks like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJArdhcM6cW5wlBf0AOAGxgQMQcEIA0BLeFWCA-TJBFwA12fIxJAoaZAAPAAA
Zoose’s Guide/Talk-through:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjGXYXSwek

A very ancient spec is to go 0/2/0/6/6 and Scepter/Dagger with Might Duration Runes (Hoelbrak/Strength) and Battle Sigil and stack might constantly with fire fields (an inherent skill all Eles must have is knowing how to do the might stack rotations). This build is very fragile though. Use it with Berserker armor pieces, but please know what you are doing – Zerker Ele can’t take any hits at all.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Marcin.7250

Marcin.7250

Thank you guys for taking your time to help out!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikaido.6739

Nikaido.6739

I think Marcin was trying to “role play himself as a Water/Ice Elementalist”! I know what you’re saying here, I like Water Ele back in Guild Wars 1, but in GW2 it is very difficult in Water line.

Best you can do is trait “Piercing Shards”, it will work with Scepter Water 2 (but Shatterstone really is a terrible terrible skill which Anet been neglect since day1…). “Vital Striking” is another option! (just remember to stay in high hit-point). “Aquamancer’s Alacrity” if you want your water spells recharge faster… “Bountiful Power” if you are able to have lots of boons on you.

You will need to trait in Air magic line, “Bolt to the Heart” this really make a huge different! I suggest “Quick Glyphs” if you want to summon Ice elemental and lesser ice elemental. “Fresh Air” is a good elite, but you can also try “Lightning Rod” Your water focus 5 and few other spell can trigger the damage.

Always use Ice Bow as one of your utility skill. Ice bow’s deep freeze will trigger “Lightning Rod” damage too. If you like water theme, try equip Superior Rune of Ice, its dirt cheap in TP, the 6th bonus give you damage boost on chilled enemy. (but this really is just a personal water/ice-ele fan choice…. the whole rune set is high in survival but low in damage).

Its really hard to build damage around water in this game. I find Necromancer can cast a much longer chill duration then Ele does. Unless Anet willing to do a major change on Ele, or else its just difficult for S/F to do real damage in Ice/Water field.