Hey ANet, would you mind buffing Ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Amaya.1483

Amaya.1483

Dear ArenaNet,
I really like my Elementalist, but the truth is, that everything a Ele can do, another Profession can do it way better. There are many Situations were I just can’t win with a Elementalist no matter how hard I try. If Iam using any other Profession, the same task is solved with ease. Everything about this Class is just way, way below everyone else.

Sincerely……

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

What’s the general impression on the ele forum on what needs to be buffed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Eles don’t really need a buff. They just need a rework. Traits need to be rearranged and changed, and real balance changes need to be made instead of removing amulets. The way Tempest is made doesn’t allow for spec diversity, and this is amplified by the lack of good amulets for the spec, and the requirement of the Water and Earth lines because of the crazy condi and power damage being thrown around. Add in giant amounts of interrupts and long overload casts without baseline stability, and Eles become prime targets. Tempest’s sustain comes from healing, and Menders and Magi are the only healing amulets left that work with the required trait lines. Neither have toughness, so power specs like DHs and Scrappers, who also have a ton of interrupts, demolish Eles.

To be honest, Eles aren’t weak. They only seem weak because everything else is so much more powerful. With elite spec nerfs, CD increases, CCs reduced, sustains reduced etc., the strength of Tempest, imo, will show through.

The way the game is made is hurting Ele. They needed to be more powerful than everyone else in order to do anything. Now that everyone is more powerful, there is no good reason to run one.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i think they just need to revert back the other nerf prior to removing key amulets ele used. like maybe DS nerf or the elemental training cd nerf. or give the ele blind on burn again. this will force players who want to play dps role to take fire trait.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Is this the twilight time? Did I end up in a parallel dimension?….is this a joke thread?
The words ele and buff in the same sentence…and few random people actually agreeing with it?…it shows how forums should never be taken in consideration when thinking about balance

in Elementalist

Posted by: flarezi.9381

flarezi.9381

The hate for elementalists is for real…
Yet there is nothing left to be nerfed anymore maybe we can be happy about that.

Maybe if we just sit few years outside of PVP people stop hating and we may get actual buff on something for once.

(edited by flarezi.9381)

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

The hate for elementalists is for real…
Yet there is nothing left to be nerfed anymore maybe we can be happy about that.

Hahahaha, that sounds like a challenge. Just wait, next patch, more nerf (they always nerf 1 round after driving a spec into the ground, before buffing to high heaven a couple rounds later).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

-No defined PvP role (that other classes can’t do better)

-Weak auto-attacks (besides Fireball and Lightning Whip)

-Clunky weapon skills (Most Scepter and Warhorn skills and some Staff skills)

-Prohibitively long utility skill cool downs (especially key skills like Arcane Shield, Armor of Earth and Mist Form)

-Too much reliance on Toughness and Healing Power to just survive, limiting build diversity (i.e. not enough compensation for having the lowest armor and health)

-All condition removal is located in Water, making it mandatory; Tempest is mandatory due to auras and Overloads; no real diversity of choices specialization-wise

-Useless/overly situational utility skills (most Conjures, most Glyphs); though this is a problem with other professions too

-No truly tide-turning Elite skills (none hold a candle to Moa/Rampage/Renewed Focus)

-Weak offensive Specializations/traits

These are some of the issues with Ele IMO.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

(edited by Glenstorm.4059)

in Elementalist

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I don’t think elementalist needs a buff more than a tweak/rework of some aspects.

The reduction of cool down traits from 33% to 20% really hurt rotations more than anything. Utility skills need some cool down reductions (arcane shield to kitten and a few reworks like to conjured weapons and arcane skills.

Scepter is long past due for a rework of every skill on it to fit a theme. The reliance on water for cleanses/sustain outside of the incredibly easy to interrupt ether renewal needs addressing. Earth could do with some better damage mitigation in it too as it just seems to be a mess of a trait line except for the GMs.

Personally I like how the current DPS rankings are for PvE where ele isn’t miles ahead of everyone, if thief was a little further down and mesmer had a competitive selfish DPS build in the 24-26k range I’d say they have PvE in a good place for once.

PvP has so much wrong with it atm that you would need a much bigger post to explain what is wrong and why it is wrong.

in Elementalist

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

Offhand dagger rework please. It doesn’t need 30-40s cooldowns anymore. Also stability needs to be an innate ability with overloads. Those are my #1 and #2.

in Elementalist

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

ele needs tons of reworks. weird how guardian and some other classes ( can’t remember which ones) had new skills added, redone and reworked. While ele is currently a fish out of water waiting for some reworks and skill changes.

Proud TTS member

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

ele needs tons of reworks. weird how guardian and some other classes ( can’t remember which ones) had new skills added, redone and reworked. While ele is currently a fish out of water waiting for some reworks and skill changes.

Flame strike just got a rework, can’t you people ever be happy?

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Elementalist

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

Flame strike just got a rework, can’t you people ever be happy?

lol, thats not a rework, that’s a buff. rework is changing how a skill work/functions. Then last update ele gets nerfed, so..we can’t be happy it seems.

Proud TTS member

in Elementalist

Posted by: FOKOZUYNEN.8206

FOKOZUYNEN.8206

when i said like few months ago that elementalist got to many nerfs evryone have strat to post me theyr builds telling me that is me to not know to play elementalist …..after elementalist got another nerfs .
Last nerf that im waiting is HEALING wich i hope to come fast since a lot of other games are coming out soon at least i have a good reason.
DIAMOND SKIN and dagger dagger was fun playing elementalist….now be aware either you got full healing build and remove condi either just dont play….and that for survive and support the zerg .
dont tell me again you got a build before try to search the youtube videos i put with other players that said same and i win match agaisnt them with all profesions.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

What’s the general impression on the ele forum on what needs to be buffed?

Imo
Rework Scepter
Buff Ele offhand dagger – Doesn’t stand up to warhorn in PvE and it does less damage despite being the DPS offhand.
Warhorn – changes only needed in PvP. None needed in PvE.
Fix Cooldowns that weren’t a problem last patch and damage that wasn’t a problem like fresh air d/wh. Lots of rotations got messed up and the cooldown nerfs were really terrible forcing everybody to go even more meta rather than play other builds other than the overpreforming one (staff). Nowadays if you run anything other than staff it is basically considered non-optimal in PvE and in PvP you’re still trying to run dagger focus auramancer except without a good amulet.

As far as that goes anyway. Traits are complicated and I honestly am fine with Air/Fire being if you want dps and Water/Earth being if you want defense.

However; I do think that we need more options on elites. Tempest is mostly supporty and it only does more damage bc overloads fill in the spots where you would otherwise autoattack. If we had an elite that was focused on moving/small target dps with active mitigation then you would see the chance to actually take some dps instead of having to take water/earth bc you now have active mitigation.

That is my 2 cents. Of course we need to buff up the traits a bit because quite a lot of things simply are trash or specs that simply don’t have a role anymore like Arcana.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

The devs are careless about ballance. They nerf things into unusable instead of usable from overpowered. For example melee ele d/d which had 1550 range on 15 sec base CD on RTL. Now it’s 40 or 20 sec depending on if you hit or not. The balance team is so bad.
No care for fine tuning the powerfullnes of the skills. Either nerf it to the grond or make it op. Nothing inbetween.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in Elementalist

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

It’d help if the devs had changes more often; given how they balance, or don’t – it just irks ppl. Hopefully given the quarterly lowest earnings in a while they will have more updates for things sooner not just every 3-4 months.

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It’d help if the devs had changes more often; given how they balance, or don’t – it just irks ppl. Hopefully given the quarterly lowest earnings in a while they will have more updates for things sooner not just every 3-4 months.

In PvP it’s been an entire season with 5+ guards per match and barely any elementalists.

Anet is way too slow to react to their mistakes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

Ele is still amazing and almost every top team is now running one pls

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

This is false. Most ESL teams dropped ele for druid… at least wining ones.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Don’t worry, he knows , he is in Never Lucky. So either the meta has changed back to using ele in top tier since the qualifiers or he is just trolling around. We will find out this weekend.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Elementalist

Posted by: HiggsBoson.1976

HiggsBoson.1976

Yea, it’s just trolling. Specifically, it is Druid + Engineer together to help downed teammates that’s able to cover for the absence of Ele in a team comp.

in Elementalist

Mr Godlike.6098

Don’t worry, he knows , he is in Never Lucky. So either the meta has changed back to using ele in top tier since the qualifiers or he is just trolling around. We will find out this weekend.

We will see after finals but I doubt.
Druid that can 1v1 and win, support, super reviver, nice tank and really fast on map makes ele joke.

Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

The combination of the balance & the professions team having no vision of what the profession needs is a major problem.

Too many of Ele’s skills still have a way too long cool down (at this point in the game having four atunements over a weapon swap is no advantage) and are super clunky at their execution (casting times, after casts, speed of fields expanding etc.).

Ele players have been pushed up to a small branch on the tree made of Water Magic & Cantrips and see the Devs weaking that last resort for a while now. No other branches (good condi specs, non-Catrip or Shout utility bars, Scepter etc.) are left for us.

I can play my Ele in open World PvE, should not play it in WvW roaming and have abandoned it in PvP right now.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

Teams have learned to counter play engis Rez and ele is support makes some classes like necro super strong .
The support is still amazing it just can’t troll 1v2s and some 1v1s anymore

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Teams have learned to counter play engis Rez and ele is support makes some classes like necro super strong .

Ever occurred to you that people may not like to play support?

People are actually asking for build diversity….we couldn’t care less if your supportbot get nerfed or buffed, peace

in Elementalist

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Offhand dagger rework please. It doesn’t need 30-40s cooldowns anymore. Also stability needs to be an innate ability with overloads. Those are my #1 and #2.

I was going to suggest offhand dagger too…

I play D/D mostly in WvW and PvP.
-The cool down on Updraft is WAY too long for PvP.
-Cleansing Wave could use a shorter animation, again in PvP. Lots of disrupts now.
-Fire grab…… Is the hitbox on this supersmall? I have to be perfectly lined up or miss.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

-Cleansing Wave could use a shorter animation, again in PvP. Lots of disrupts now.
-Fire grab…… Is the hitbox on this supersmall? I have to be perfectly lined up or miss.

There was once a time when you could play zerk d/d ele in WvW blob fights, it was fast and super enjoyable. It required : the ability to heal while in mist form, stability you could rely on, RTL on low cooldown to disengage, no power creep of other class.

Then you know the rest of the story.
While things have improved in this game for other classes, for the elementalist they never did.

in Elementalist

Mr Godlike.6098

People are actually asking for build diversity….we couldn’t care less if your supportbot get nerfed or buffed, peace

Agree with this…problem is that devs made class so stat dependant…other classes can do one-shooting burst and heal or migrate damage with zero toughness or healing power….

But I don’t believe devs will do anything serious about this…they would have to do serious class rework on this point to make it closer to other classes, elite specializations…

I bet they keep buffing/nerfing numbers without any passion or direction…

Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

Agree with this…problem is that devs made class so stat dependant…other classes can do one-shooting burst and heal or migrate damage with zero toughness or healing power….

But I don’t believe devs will do anything serious about this…they would have to do serious class rework on this point to make it closer to other classes, elite specializations…

I bet they keep buffing/nerfing numbers without any passion or direction…

How ironic is it that in a game that brags about not having combat based on a trinity system the only real mage class is forced to play heal-bot?

And all of that is due to a main dev in charge that dies fighting Svanir while showcasing the elite spec he design himself. Something most of us can do with one hand while looking at the minimap.

To be honest the tempest design was so bad it’s no surprise that it ended up breaking the class completely. The beta feedback from everyone here really went in depth with everything that’s wrong about it and they didn’t listen. Even the elite skill was rushed in a week or so between 2 betas because the first one didn’t even do anything (the new one doesn’t do anything either but hey, too late, it was time to ship HoT).

It’s like they are blind to the difference between how fun the class used to be and how limited it is today.

At this point I just hope they started the development on Guild Wars 3.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

There was once a time when you could play zerk d/d ele in WvW blob fights, it was fast and super enjoyable. It required : the ability to heal while in mist form, stability you could rely on, RTL on low cooldown to disengage, no power creep of other class.

Then you know the rest of the story.
While things have improved in this game for other classes, for the elementalist they never did.

Yea Meteor shower to Mist Form Cantrip build was awsome, oddly enough you can still hurl rocks in mist form with scepter/dagger earth since the changes, not like it has any sufficient damage though.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Amaya.1483

Amaya.1483

Dear ArenaNet,
as I improved quite a lot, there are not many, if any Situations at all which I can’t win in as a Tempest. The Fact still remains, that I have to put in tripple or more times the Efford than with any other Profession.

Sincerely…..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

“We noticed that elementalists weren’t using scepter as much as other weapons. We added one extra stack of vulnerability on Shatterstone to make this weapon more viable…”

Anet has always loved to target the core of elementalist gameplay… so expect more Shatterstone changes in the future /sarcasm

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

in Elementalist

Posted by: cobalt.1846

cobalt.1846

I don’t know if ele needs a buff but it needs something… Anet seems to be killing the fun of this class and as its my main. I’ve invested alot of time in my main because it was fun. Next balance update will probably be after the pvp season… if they don’t fix the fun I might just go find green pastures somewhere else.