[HoT Spec] Lightning Strike useless (solved)

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

[Ele Specialization] Lightning Strike useless

Scenario:

I’m about to get swarmed by enemies so I switch to Air so I can cast swiftness and bam a random mob get’s struck and I’m in combat and slowed down.

No escape – ele dead.

At least 80% of the time that Lighning is not welcome. Air itself won’t do much against an angry mordremoth hunting my precious kitten .

The Lighning Strike’s damage is very low and does nothing besides cramping my style.

It’s counterproductive, random and I don’t have control over it.

Please remove it or buff it so it can one-shot the target when it procs. Otherwise it’s useless.

The lightning strike is one of the primary reasons for going into the air line (especially in pvp environments). If you don’t want to hit an enemy, just detarget. It also won’t proc if you aren’t already in combat, so it isn’t putting you in combat in the first place.

in Elementalist

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

If you have auto targeting turned on lightning strike will hit a target in range so long as you are in combat whether or not you have something targeted. So if you’re trying to escape you’re going to zap someone if you attune to air while still in combat.

Out of combat you won’t hit anyone with the strike even if you have someone selected.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aerathnor.8305

Aerathnor.8305

Yeah, it definitely doesn’t fire off if you’re not in combat. I sometimes go 4 into lightning just to pick it up and bolt to the heart on my D/D build in WvW because it can help finish someone off or burn an aegis/blind before I RTL to gap close someone that started to run (helps protect against a 40 sec cd on RTL).

I actually wish it did fire off out of combat if you had someone targeted just so I can initiate against guardians from a range without getting the 40 sec cd on RTL :/

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Thanks guys for clarifying this.
The mistake seems on my side and now I regret posting this topic.

Should have paid more attention to the matter.

I renamed the topic to reflect it’s content and see this issue as solved.

Thanks again.

No need to apologize, we are here to help, and sometimes mechanics aren’t super-easy to understand. Good luck!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aerathnor.8305

Aerathnor.8305

Thanks guys for clarifying this.
The mistake seems on my side and now I regret posting this topic.

Should have paid more attention to the matter.

I renamed the topic to reflect it’s content and see this issue as solved.

Thanks again.

No need to apologize, we are here to help, and sometimes mechanics aren’t super-easy to understand. Good luck!

Ditto, if having complete knowledge of the class was required to post here there wouldn’t be much point to the forums beyond complaining :p

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Electric Discharge (the trait that casts Lightning Strike when attuning to Air) doesn’t proc out of combat. I don’t understand how you could possibly even think this.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Electric Discharge (the trait that casts Lightning Strike when attuning to Air) doesn’t proc out of combat. I don’t understand how you could possibly even think this.

Fun fact, it actually did. Got fixed couple months or so after release. Same with the one in Fire.

Hello darkness, my old friend.