HoT Staff Ele Builds?

HoT Staff Ele Builds?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aldrin.7641

Aldrin.7641

Hello, I managed to level and unlock all Tempest skills.

I want to play ranged characters and whilst I have managed to “breeze” through 1-80 and gathering HP with the help of guildies.

I would like to do HoT content (Open World PVE) with this character however, I can’t help but think that I may be squishy.

I am running the build I found on metabattle
Metabattle Staff Build

Can someone suggest me a build that I could follow or is the linked build good enough?

Druid, Tempest, Revenant, Necromancer, Engineer

HoT Staff Ele Builds?

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

your link is not to a build

HoT Staff Ele Builds?

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

but generally speaking, metabattle pve builds are for use in coordinated groups. You should not use them when roaming solo. Elementalist is the top dps class, so a metabattle build is going to give you maximum possible dps, assuming that your party is going to take care of defense and utility for the most part. That said, it can be good for forcing you to learn how to avoid damage as you’ll die repeatedly until you do.

HoT Staff Ele Builds?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aldrin.7641

Aldrin.7641

I’m sorry didn’t see that the d.edit was wrong. But then again, you didn’t suggest anything if metabattle was not the one to follow

Druid, Tempest, Revenant, Necromancer, Engineer

HoT Staff Ele Builds?

in Elementalist

Posted by: sokeenoppa.5384

sokeenoppa.5384

Full celestial gear, and runes of soldier or durability. Traits water arcane temptest

HoT Staff Ele Builds?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aliessil.4062

Aliessil.4062

I normally run with http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_Fresh_Air_DPS which is a Dagger build. There’s a Staff build which is very similar but to be honest unless I’m in a group I prefer the D/W or D/F (mobs don’t stand still much, making Staff skills harder to use effectively).

I run in mostly Berserker gear and am quite happy with that, but you can swap in some Soldier’s (more defensive) or Celestial (hybrid) if you like. One of my guildies started by using a mix of Soldier & Cleric (?), and is slowly swapping single pieces to zerker as she gets more confident.

(edited by Aliessil.4062)

HoT Staff Ele Builds?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

http://asphyxia.tv/wvw-back-line-elementalist-build/
^ This is what I run for back line staff elementalist for WvW.

Those traits are still pretty good for PvE as well, but I’d maybe trade water line for air line for PvE.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

HoT Staff Ele Builds?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

I think you should be running the squishy metabattle build.

If you run Earth Golem elite, kite well, sigil of energy on your weapon and run sandstorm then that should help with enemy avoidance.

Further, you don’t need to buy another set of gear — ever. You can take that to ANY PvE content and in fact, it is the preferred set up when playing with others. Throw all your agony in there too for fracs.

You will be chugging out insane damage. Start your fight with golem elite and and try to kill before he dies.

HoT Staff Ele Builds?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

I personally used the “squishy” metabattle build and it is by no means squishy if you consider your utilities.

For example, arcane shield, the earth elemental elite and the many CC skills on Staff can provide great active defenses. You just need to practise proper survivability management instead of tunneling on damage.

Far Shiverpeaks