How do I stack might?

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

Posted by: lotus.7381

lotus.7381

I’ve been hearing people say that they get annoyed if the elementalist in their group doesn’t know how to stack might, can someone tell me how it’s done so I can be helpful to my group in dungeons.
Thanks

This is my build currently in case your wondering(I’m willing to change my build completely if that’s what’s needed to get 25 stacks.)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQFAWhUMacW5w6BfEBDAC5rJnGMwARnKFH-TlCBwAaVigd/RJBOVKA8AAyqcio6Kp0Bw4CA8wE0ElgBAOA45nDSBExwI-w

(edited by lotus.7381)

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

lotus.7381

Can you give me a precise step by step guide on how to get my might stacks to 25?thanks.

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

there are multiple ways to stack might.
Its mostly done by placing a fire field and using a (or multiple) blast finisher on it.

In your build you don’t have many blast finishers, so you cant get 25 stacks by yourself.
You can get 6 stacks with that build (earth#2-fire#2-GoEH)

staff is not the ele weapon of choice for high stacks of might. You can get 3+1+3+4 at one go (earth#2-fire#2-GoEH+inscriptions+elemental att-AW)

If you want stacks pre-fight the best is s/d, during fight d/d, d/f, s/f are all options to reach the 25 cap. during a fight or get around 21 pre-fight.

(edited by lLobo.7960)

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

lotus.7381

I’ll switch to Scepter/Dagger then since that’s the better option. Thanks for the advice Lobo

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

lotus.7381

Now what combo exactly do I need to follow to get 25 stacks with S/D?
Ring of fire then dragons Tooth right? what else?

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

You may refer to my stickied guide for might stacking combos/rotations for each weapon set. I know it’s a lot to look through, but you can either use the Table of Contents to get to the right weapon set or search the page for “Rotation” and look through all the rotations.

(edited by DEKeyzToChaos.7381)

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

Posted by: dimek.4592

dimek.4592

Here is short video how to stack around 14 might in about 10 seconds with D/D elementalist. First you get by switching to Fire attunement due to VII Arcane trait Elemental Attunement, second is from VIII Air Magic trait Inscription when you cast Glyph while in Fire attunement (you may not count that one, it is very wierd build). After you put your Fire field: Ring of Fire you switch to Earth attunement for two combo finishers: Blast. The hardest part might be to use first blast from your skill Earthquake and short after that dodge (with XI Arcane trait: Evasive Arcana) to get second blast from Shock Wave.

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

lotus.7381

This is confusing… I don’t think I’ll bother with might stacking anymore, whenever I try it, it dosent work.
and I don’t want to use lightning hammer.

I guess I’ll just stick with casual groups

Thanks for the help anyways guys

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aphrodesiac.2913

Aphrodesiac.2913

It’s not hard really. For S/D

Fire 2 → Fire 4 → Fire 3 → Arcane Brilliance (while using this, swap to earth attunement) → Arcane blast → Earth 4 → Earth 5.

It’s not perfect at all but just practice it and it’ll become easy. Hell, you won’t even have to use S/D after you stack if you prefer other weapons. After watching DEKeys’ vids, I’ve gotten into the habit of stack with s/d then switching to my staff because I just love using staff over any other weapons.

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valtarius.8671

Valtarius.8671

Know your skills as an ele and READ em. A person who doesn’t know their own class skills and what EXACTLY they do wont be able to use their class to its full potential. Basically to stack might use a Fire Fields + Any Blast Finishers – stacks might when your blast finishers hit INSIDE the fire field.

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

Posted by: RavenRecoil.6103

RavenRecoil.6103

Okay sorry for the maybe obvious question but what is a fire field and blast finisher? I to am learning how to stack might and get around 9 stacks with my staff.

I am a hardcore casual player at best!!
Always up wind from my prey. I want them to smell my farts!

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valtarius.8671

Valtarius.8671

Okay sorry for the maybe obvious question but what is a fire field and blast finisher? I to am learning how to stack might and get around 9 stacks with my staff.

Hover over your skills as Staff Ele and read em. Lava Font is a fire field and eruption is a blast finisher. To get more might lay an eruption and switch to fire and lay a lava font inside together. Make sure your inside the combo to obtain the 3 stacks of might. Their could be different effects depending on what type of field it is and for a complete list go to the wiki and learn more about it.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combo

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

lotus.7381

So I’ve been experimenting and I’m starting to get the hang of it. I haven’t made it to 25 stacks with staff only 6 but at least I’m getting somewhere Later on I’ll probably buy a Scepter to get to 25.

This is the rotation I used for staff to get 6 Might Stacks:
Fire: Lava Font(2), Arcane Wave, Burning Retreat(4), Switch to Earth: Eruption(2)

I’m gonna experiment some more.

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

lotus.7381

It’s not hard really. For S/D

Fire 2 -> Fire 4 -> Fire 3 -> Arcane Brilliance (while using this, swap to earth attunement) -> Arcane blast -> Earth 4 -> Earth 5.

It’s not perfect at all but just practice it and it’ll become easy. Hell, you won’t even have to use S/D after you stack if you prefer other weapons. After watching DEKeys’ vids, I’ve gotten into the habit of stack with s/d then switching to my staff because I just love using staff over any other weapons.

I followed that rotation and it gave me 9 stacks, is that right?

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aphrodesiac.2913

Aphrodesiac.2913

Should give 16. Add me in game and I’ll be glad to demonstrate for you.

Four things come to mind that you could have made a mistake on:

Dragon Fang bugging and not actually dropping in Ring of Fire.
Phoenix not being inside Ring of Fire or also cancelling the skill.
Cancelling Arcane Brilliance.
Cancelling Earthquake.

(edited by Aphrodesiac.2913)

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

lotus.7381

Should give 16. Add me in game and I’ll be glad to demonstrate for you.

Four things come to mind that you could have made a mistake on:

Dragon Fang bugging and not actually dropping in Ring of Fire.
Phoenix not being inside Ring of Fire or also cancelling the skill.
Cancelling Arcane Brilliance.
Cancelling Earthquake.

I added you, I’m not very good at following instructions so don’t be surprised if I still don’t get it.

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sakagami.3825

Sakagami.3825

Mmm, I think you can stack the most might in one go with scepter/dagger and this trait (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Evasive_Arcana).

I usually start off in Fire and doing this…
1) Cast Fire 2 [3 might, after it drops into the Fire Field in Step 2]
2) Cast Fire 4 in melee range, then cast Fire 3 in the Fire Field (optionally, behind the target to hit multiple times I thinks) [6 might]
3) Start running away when Fire 3’s casted, then switch to earth while dodging back towards the target [9 might, from Evasive Arcana]
4) Cast Earth 4 [12 might]
5) Cast Arcane Brilliance [15 might]
6) Cast Earth 5, and cast Arcane Blast while its channelling [21 might, Earth 5 gives the might after it finishes channelling]
7) I switch to Air to use Air 2 and Air 3 while Earth 5 is still channelling
8) Then stay in Water spamming Water 2 to stack vulnerability until Fire is ready
9) Repeat 1, you won’t be able to do Earth 4 and Earth 5 yet

I try to watch out for other classes putting down a field before I can put my Fire field, so I don’t end up stacking retaliation, etc.

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

lotus.7381

Aphrodesiac showed me how to do it with d/d. I got it now, just need practice.
Thank you all for your replies and help.

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

How do you get dragon tooth to actually land on top of you when you are stacking might before a pull?

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

Point your camera down all the way (or up, but down usually works better), take a step in any direction (but don’t turn) to lock your camera angle, and cast. It will end up about 200-300 units in front of you (which is inside Ring of Fire if you’re standing in the center) instead of 900.

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

Posted by: aceboogie.4031

aceboogie.4031

I prefer to use dagger and focus, because they do m8re damage when not stacking might and have more useful skills for support. You can stack 18 stacks of might also and have a prjectile destroyer and an invincibility.

You should always have 6 points in fire for persisting flames. And I put 6 into arcanca for EA, for the blast from dodging in earth.

I start in fire so now you have 2 fields with d f, I use 3 for damge then drop fire 4 on the target, swap to earth dodge then 4, arcane brilliance, arcane wave while swapping to water and use water 3 then 5. For damage dealing use air 1. You can use arcane brilliance any point where you swap attunments, but it is a minimal channel time so it can be interrupted if you use another skill that has a channel time, thats why I use it while attument swapping.

Test it out and play around with it in spvp against the indestructible golem, and have fun.

Oh and the main reason I use dagger focus vs anything else is because eles are super squishy in full zerker, so this weapin set keeps me alive when it counts to be.

Sorry for the spelling im not at my pc

How do I stack might?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

okay heres what you do
1. write the word might down on 25 pieces of paper.
2 stack them on top of each other
3. then you have 25 stacks of might..

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)