How do YOU want to do damage as an Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

How would you LIKE to do damage as an ele post-IB? This isn’t a thread about how to modify our builds right now with Ice Bow gone, this is a thread about what you’d like Anet to change (reasonable please) to make an enjoyable build with synergies for damage a reality. Below you’ll find my preferred idea.

Elementals Elementalist(lolz) – Staff Ele with the standard Fire traits. Air is mostly the same but with the Glyphs trait, not the Shocking Aura one. What to do with the last line I really don’t know, but probably water even though I feel like it’s kind of a lame choice without using Ice Bow with Piercing Shards. Ice Bow is replaced with Glyph of Lesser Elementals, which should be a permanent thing with useful actives that also kill the elemental to trigger the recharge and allow us to use a different one. Signet of Fire is still chillin’, doing nothing as usual, but it’s also viable to take Glyph of Elemental Power instead. Lightning Flash is still a standard quality of life thing, and we can swap to Glyph of Storms for boss fights and such. Glyph of Elementals would have a 50% uptime, and would keep it’s current skills but they would actually trigger out of combat and hit your target entering combat instead of just wasting themselves. Possible damage buff for that Fire Elemental bad boy too… I mean you guys have put off giving us a decent Elite skill for long enough, maybe it’s time you just buff a skill that’s obviously ridiculously underpowered?

Any thoughts on my thoughts? Any thoughts of your own? Post them for my entertainment!

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

in Elementalist

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Are you talking about pve? Utilities has got to be arcane brilliance, wave and glyph of storms as usual. Last slot would be either icebow or signet of fire, depending on whether I need the deep freeze. Elemental as elite is fine.

As for changes, we need bolt to the heart back. We also need an actual water gm trait, the current ones are a joke.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

I think Lightning Hammer should still do decent damage, we have so much damage modifiers.

If you take Fire/Air/Water

Fire – %10 damage increase to burning foes (with GeOP used in FA)
Air – %20 damage increase to targets under %50
Water – %20 damage increase to the foes with vulnerability + %10 when you are above %90 HP

Camp water with LH and that is %60 more damage in execute phase (below %50)

I quite sure LH should be still at the top of the damage charts.

in Elementalist

Lauriewonnacott.9841

Are you talking about pve? Utilities has got to be arcane brilliance, wave and glyph of storms as usual. Last slot would be either icebow or signet of fire, depending on whether I need the deep freeze. Elemental as elite is fine.

As for changes, we need bolt to the heart back. We also need an actual water gm trait, the current ones are a joke.

Yeah, totally PvE. PvP meta barely changed, just more people are running staff and earth, but it plays very similarly. How exciting are the arcane skills really though keeping in mind this is sort of a fantasy thread :/ I feel like Glyphs seem to offer a more enjoyable damage playstyle – especially elementals. I disagree the elite elemental cuts it – I think they could do more to make it useful and not just sort of a random minor dmg increase, but I think the lesser elemental we can all agree is pretty useless.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist

in Elementalist

Lauriewonnacott.9841

I think Lightning Hammer should still do decent damage, we have so much damage modifiers.

If you take Fire/Air/Water

Fire – %10 damage increase to burning foes (with GeOP used in FA)
Air – %20 damage increase to targets under %50
Water – %20 damage increase to the foes with vulnerability + %10 when you are above %90 HP

Camp water with LH and that is %60 more damage in execute phase (below %50)

I quite sure LH should be still at the top of the damage charts.

I did try it, and it does work, I just worry they will want to move away from this playstyle and will nerf LH if it just replaces IB

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

I want to deal dmg mostly from ranged with some good crowdcontrol snd nuke combos.
Being a pewpew wizard.

More scepter buffs I would like to see.
Lower delay on Dragon’s Tooth.
Higher dmg on scepter in general.

Shatterstone pulsing multiple times before it explodes.
The pulses could be healing, chilling, dmg, invuln etc. or a combination.

Autoattacks from scepter being faster.
Especially fire.
Lightning autoattack dmg buff/shorter channel for the same dmg.
Autoattack water and earth being given something extra.
Like a heal percentage and weakness for example.

Lower cooldowns on the weapons scepter+focus their survival spells and crowdcontrols.

(edited by Yashuoa.9527)

in Elementalist

Posted by: evnw.9324

evnw.9324

I want bountiful power back as water’s GM so badly!

in Elementalist

Posted by: evnw.9324

evnw.9324

I’m pretty sure elementalist and it’s damage on staff is just fine post Ibow nerf just like we were fine post fiery greatsword nerf. I’d like to see fire’s scepter auto attack be turned into a fire ball chain similar to necro’s scepter AA focusing on either power or maybe burning.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Actually making conjures not be horrid would be a nice first step.

Increase all cooldowns on the conjure weapon skills themselves globally. Rework the conjure trait, removing the fire aura (pointless). Have the trait decrease the weapon cooldown times by 20% and increase outgoing damage by 15 %.

Have the conjures have cross combination effects based on the element they are cast in similar to how glyph of storms functions and remove the base “this weapon gives x stats”.