How do you do it? PvP tips please.

in Elementalist

Posted by: happynow.7190

happynow.7190

Hi Guys, Ive edited this content as i was not specific enough.

I would like to know how to PvP as a Bunker Ele with full boon duration runes and PvT gear on

In WvW I tried dueling Guards but my damage is barely hurting them. While i came up with this necro which i suppose is Condition necro, everytime he puts condi’s on me ill switch to water but he overwhelms me and whn i lower his hp he goes ghost mode and i just cant handle the condi’[s anymore.

ANy suggestions to go against necros As a bunker ele with cantrips in utility.

(edited by happynow.7190)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

t/sPvP or WvW ?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: happynow.7190

happynow.7190

Yes for WvW

So many people viewed the topic but no reply

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

It’s very dependent on the build you are facing. Especially classes like Mesmer, Ranger and Engi. Mesmers can be shatter or phantasm, Rangers BM or Traps and Engies have various kits that all need to be responded to differently. Even a class like Guardian changed depending on weapons and spec. For example, Shield of Wrath. If they are power dps you want to strip this off before it explodes or dodge right before it expires. On a bunker (with condi damage) with block burn you don’t want to hit it because it will give you burning each time it blocks an attack.

If you want tip you need to get a little more specific.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

water grandmaster trait that removes condition on applying regen works well when you trait for cantrips to give regen+swapping to water gives you regen with a trait in the arcane line.
As for PVT, try and use a bit more clerics and Kinghts for some base crit chance and more healing power. Healing power has always been better for Elementalists compared to Vitality.
Guardians are pretty tricky, especially when they go full bunker. You should just try and interrupt him as much as possible with earth dagger 3, earth dagger 4 and air dagger 5. Add in some well timed dodges (not just for EA). Make sure to use fire dagger 5 after you burn him and earth dagger 5 after you gained your might stacks. It’ll let you do way more damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Do not use earth dagger 5 in pvp ever unless your holding a point or you like dying, everytime I see a ele use it pvp I nuke them with everything I got.

I have gotten the best results in 1v1s using berserker armor divinity runes and clerics accessories.

I think Pvt is almost always a mistake.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

High vitality is only really useful if you use consumables like lemongrass poultry soup and traits that reduce condition durations as a replacement for cantrips. It can let you ignore certain conditions altogether but only from certain sources, the most debilitating ones still need to be cleansed asap.
The reason most people just take cantrips is because they’re the only utilities that break stuns and synergize with 30 in water cleansing conditions and giving boons that boost your damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

In WvW I tried dueling Guards but my damage is barely hurting them. While i came up with this necro which i suppose is Condition necro, everytime he puts condi’s on me ill switch to water but he overwhelms me and whn i lower his hp he goes ghost mode and i just cant handle the condi’[s anymore.

Don’t switch too early. Necro’s are constantly applying conditions, if you clear them right away you’ll be out of luck for the next 10 seconds while water recharges.

Use cleansing fire when they corrupt your boons or when they fear before you can cleanse in water. Be in and out of water fast don’t spend a second longer in it then you need to. You can change to water mid dodge, hit #2 and change attunements within a second putting water on cd right way while getting two cleanses and 3 heals. Cleanse from water attunement and EA(water), and your heals from water attunent, EA(water) and cone of cold(#2). If you didn’t know already you can change attunements while channelling skills and not interrupt them. You can try using etheral renewal but even average necro’s will fear you out of it.

Ghost mode? I assume you mean death shroud, but you could also mean spectral armor or even plauge? If you mean death shroud, thats actually a good thing for you. It mean’s he’s not apply conditions on you. Only DS#2 applies conditions and even then its very little, easily dodgable and teleports the necro to you(bad thing to do against a dd ele). If he’s condi spec his death shroud abilities will do no damage to you. Unless he’s terror speced in which case use your cantrips(or water attune condi cleanse(risky)) to break the fear as soon as he does it. Terror does damage to targets each second they are feared, more damage to people with conditions on them. Break the fear, stop the damage.

As for guardian bunkers, they are meant to tank damage.

(edited by Nikkle.4013)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Tips, DnD in WvW

-Learn how to use Lightning flash(LF) to get up cliffs

-Learn how to use LF with e5

-Learn how to switch to w4 after hitting e5 for fury

-Learn how to use chill on other ele to increase CD timer on attunements

-Learn to use food and oil

-Learn to use e3 and a4 before switching to fire

-Learn to use immobilise(earth signet) followed by a4 rtl ,a5 then a2 then e3, e4 then f3 ,f4 and f5

-Water elemental attunement snares,heals.

- Learn to use only one cantrip.

- Learn to stack sigils with easy to kill coyotes

Got more but cant think now.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Skill

I have a hard time thinking of how a full bunker build can even die 1v1.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Frostedblaze.9017

Frostedblaze.9017

If you want, you can contact me in game (ign is on the left <<<) and I’ll give you a hand. There’s just a lot of questions to be asked, and it’d be easier to do it in game.

Aiden Frost
Check out my S/D Ele tPvP guide: http://intothemists.com/guides/202-aiden_frosts_sd_sustain_burst

in Elementalist

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Do not use earth dagger 5 in pvp ever unless your holding a point or you like dying, everytime I see a ele use it pvp I nuke them with everything I got.

I have gotten the best results in 1v1s using berserker armor divinity runes and clerics accessories.

earth dagger 5 is huge damage; it’s super effective! Use it out of range then lightning flash in. Best comboed by swapping to air and popping shocking aura for the fury and the stun if ppl try to attack u.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

earth dagger 5 is huge damage; it’s super effective! Use it out of range then lightning flash in. Best comboed by swapping to air and popping shocking aura for the fury and the stun if ppl try to attack u.

What do you do about ranged people with a KD?
(Engie rifle #4)

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

What do you do about ranged people with a KD?
(Engie rifle #4)

armor of earth, or wait til you blow your KD

not that I still run d/d, it’s trash.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

NeXeD.3042

You want me to blow my best utility for an attempt to land an attack that takes so long its damage should be triple what it is. No thx.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

You want me to blow my best utility for an attempt to land an attack that takes so long its damage should be triple what it is. No thx.

If you are running solo? No. I wouldn’t. However if you are running in a group and can channel it outside of the fight and hit a good number of people? Then definitely yes. When I use Lightning Flash and Churning Earth together and can hit people with it, 8k damage plus 8 stacks of bleeding is nothing to sneeze at. It’s great for making people panic. I would only use it though if you dont have anyone focused on you or if you can pop Shocking Aura and/or Armor of Earth as there is nothing quite as frustrating as getting killed or knocked down while channeling Churning Earth. That combo is great in small man group fights when your group has the attention.

However, if you are running solo, I would also suggest learning how to use Lightning Flash and Burning Speed together to land the explosion on a fleeing enemy. Using a utility skill is a case by case usage. I do like saving it for escapes, but you can also use it offensively. It has the shortest cooldown for the popular cantrips and you shouldn’t be afraid to use it offensively whenever you feel safe enough to use it. Using it in conjunction with Burning Speed to hit someone who is running and is at low health who thinks he can get away is just fun and a good use for it too. Brings that attacks range up a whole lot.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

you don’t even need to hit with churning earth, its also a way to fake-out the opponent with the giant red circle. Just move while channeling and it’ll go on a reduced cooldown (also a way to get a free blast finisher).

in Elementalist

NeXeD.3042

All I know is when I see someone about to use it I get all happy and go yes I get to land a dragon tooth on this aholes head!

in Elementalist

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Also recently learned that if you first cast a delayed attack and then anything that gives a stat boost you’ll be doing way more damage. (tornado triples your power)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

I find a good way to use e5 is in the middle of a Lord’s Room fight when there’s so much visual noise no-one can see you anyway.
It helps to pop Armor of Earth beforehand.

No way can you use it where anyone has half a chance to stop you though.