How do you 'stack might'?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lictor Alpha.3724

Lictor Alpha.3724

As the title says. None of our skills give might so how do you do it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Prevas.9305

Prevas.9305

Blast finishers in fire field.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lictor Alpha.3724

Lictor Alpha.3724

Blast finishers? How? You would have to throw down a fire field then switch and by the time you start channeling another spell the field is gone.

What quick blasts do we have besides that one arcane utility?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

Scepter has 2, daggers have 3, staff has 1, focus has 2, one heal skill, and one utility. Flame Axe and Lightning hammer also have blasts but are more situational. There;s also one blast from the “Evasive Arcana” trait.

D/D is probably the easier to learn in. The large fire field on offhand lasts a while. In addition, the Persisting Flames grandmaster trait in Fire extends fire fields by 2 seconds and adds fury to the gain when blasting.

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

in Elementalist

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Just leaving this here…
(not my video, but Miku to slow )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bMz5pX9MsU

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

When I D/D Ele with Hoelbrak runes, I can hit 20 stacks in a fight by myself. Ring of fire is a long fire field. Frozen burst is a 15 second blast and earthquake is also one, though with a longer cooldown.

Arcane Wave also works. I also use a strength sigil on one of my daggers which has a 60% chance to apply might on crit once per second.

The more people around the better of course. But even alone in wvw with D/D ele its easy to have tons of might. I’m sure the pve crowd and ele mains will give you more precise rotations etc.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BrazenNL.9857

BrazenNL.9857

Blast finishers? How? You would have to throw down a fire field then switch and by the time you start channeling another spell the field is gone.

What quick blasts do we have besides that one arcane utility?

Sounds like you’re using a staff. For a staff, you can use Eruption (E2), and while it’s channeling, switch to fire and then drop Lava Font (F2). If you do it quickly enough, Eruption’s blast will hit after you’ve dropped Lava Font. If you want you can add two more blasts by using arcane brilliance and arcane wave.

However, other weapons do better with might stacking, assuming you’re on your own.

(edited by BrazenNL.9857)

in Elementalist

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

depends on the situation.

in pvp:
run either sigil of battle (i will do the math with this now) or sigil of strength
start in air to enter combat, switch to fire (+3), precast ring of fire, switch to earth, magnetic grasp+dodge roll (+3 = 6),, earthquake+magnetic leap (+3=9 and fire aura +2 = 11 ), switch to water, frozen burst (+3=14) , air att, attack a bit (-2=12), switch back to fire (+3=15), do the attacks, precast ROF, switch to earth, magnetic grasp + dodge roll (+3 =18), switch to water, frozen burst (+3=21), switch to air, attack (-2=19) and repeat, you will hover between 17 and 22 stacks of might, depending on the time in which you can pull off this rotation.

using SoS if you can manage to stay connected to your opponent stacks might quicker than SoB, since it has a 1s internal cd and grants 1 stack of might for 13s (10+3 from hoelbrak) on a 60% chance on crit at a 50% crit chance with fury

using rune of strength with SoS caps you at 25, which you can easily maintain on the invincible training dummy. it’s completely different against a real opponent tho.

oh, and try not to get lost in this minigame, you have to fight the enemy as well. don’t waste your doges to blast finish in earth, when you would use them to survive instead.

in pve, all has been said, more or less. on staff, use eruption + lava font + arcane wave+ arcane brilliance, on dagger focus and scepter focus, rotations are a bit more complicated.

it is also possible to cap yourself off with 25 if you combine all your weapons and manage to switch them around while not in combat, but it is hardly necessary, since you usually have teammates that are well able to blast finish for you to cap off.

hope this helps

AyaĆ­lla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in Elementalist

Posted by: OMGimAnoobLOLOL.4730

OMGimAnoobLOLOL.4730

Start Staff Earth.
Earth2, Fire2, Arcane Wave, Arcane Brilliance = 3 Blasts.

Also, if you’re fast and stacking might at the start of a fight = Earth2, Air during cast, Glyph of Storms, Fire during cast, Fire2, Arcane Wave and/or Brilliance.