How is Ele burst post-patch?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

I keep reading about how Thieves, Mesmers and medi Guardians got their bursts seriously buffed.

Can anyone report how the patch has affected Ele burst?

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Last exam tomorrow so did only a bit of testing, but felt that with zerker the damage was good. However, with marauder it didn’t really feel that great. Maybe the traits I picked weren’t best, or other stuff, but I definitely didn’t feel like the damage got seriously buffed. You have a bit higher power, but you lose on some prec and ferocity + losing Btth and air training. Will need a bit more testing, though.

in Elementalist

Posted by: panda.7219

panda.7219

I’m going to try some builds right now, and test the marauder trinket.

I’m kinda worried since Bolt to the Heart and Fresh Air are now in the same tier =/

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Spec fire with marauder, pick burning fire, go air pick lightning rod, take both traits to reduce fire/air skills, then go for water/cantrip + LF, AE and MF……begin the carnage, basically you can decimate the enemy team within seconds…insane.( up to 3k dmg on interrupts alone O_O)

Sure an enemy thief may break the fun, but at 17k HP ( i take melandru runes) you c an absorb at least one hit.

This is PvP, in WvW got my personalized lightning rod build ( yes I adore this trait, like would be my children) and all I can say…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncEDQCkjU9c

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Glad to hear it’s not gloom-and-doom (yet)! Looking forward to testing things out for myself.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

even better that folks do not have extra 2500hp

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

I tried 2 variante of SF fresh air, both with muradeur amulet, air fire sigils and pack runes.
First One is similar at the old 66002 but with more vitality and more susistain.
In fire i run with burning precision, the boost of 10% damage and blind from burning
In air i run One with air, shocking aura and fresh air
In arcan i run renewing stamina final shielding and the One GM for the arcane.
Tried to burst the heavy target and u can 100>o it with in less of One secondo with Phoenix + linghint flash + arcane blast + air 2…. But u suffer a lot condi because u dont have any condi cleanse out of earth 4. But really, if u play well tour difensive skill and u land rigth your burst u dont have to care about it. And you can also perma blind your enemy

The secondo spec i tried its like the old 06044. Air water amd arcana. You have a great susistain, really great, and the damage is similar at the old SF build without bolt to the heart, but i was used to it because i always played with One with air instead.

I played a lot of tpvp and 1v1 yesterday and i felt both 2 great.
This evening i will try some df and sd variant.

Parabrezza

(edited by lucadiro.4519)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

the damage is mediocre compared to other berserker builds and fresh air needs to be played at 200% because 100 won’t be enough. 1 mistake and you get oneshot by a yolo mesmer or thief or guard or whatever… you can oneshot people aswell but they either have to be extremely stupid or you have to force all their stunbreaks/invuls before and it requires you to hit a full tooth phoenix air wave flash combo.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TomoHawkx.8139

TomoHawkx.8139

the damage is mediocre compared to other berserker builds and fresh air needs to be played at 200% because 100 won’t be enough. 1 mistake and you get oneshot by a yolo mesmer or thief or guard or whatever… you can oneshot people aswell but they either have to be extremely stupid or you have to force all their stunbreaks/invuls before and it requires you to hit a full tooth phoenix air wave flash combo.

+1

You can one shot people, but its more likely you’ll be dead by the time they burn through their stunbreaks etc.
Due to the 33% reduction traits and the pressure of feeling like you have to use every single skill the moment the cd is up makes S/F feels a lot more spammy than it used to (hard to believe, I know) The pressure to use every skill is due to the power creep, its either pump out all your damage or get killed.

[Rain]
Gandara
S/F ele Channel

in Elementalist

lucadiro.4519

Today i played all the evening scepter dagger (air water arcana) with marauder and really… Its really really good. I sloted mist form cleasing fire and lighing flash. The damage output its incredible, thank by evasive arcana streinght rune and battle sigil u can build up a lot of might and the susistain from EA and water’s trait is not that far from a celestial build. Shocking aura is a incredibile difensive trait, all the thieves that try to steal > backstab u get stunned. And u dont need to pop your stun breack thanks this. I dont know u guys but for me its like if scepter ele have got what it miss for a long time. Never enjoed the pvp of this game like in these 2 days.

Parabrezza

(edited by lucadiro.4519)

in Elementalist

lucadiro.4519

And guys u really need to stop to think that this berserker amulet is the old berserker amulet. Muradeur is the old berserker amulet, and the way to go for who want to play the ele in a DPS spec. The damage of SF specced in fire air arcane is just superior at the old SF focus even without BttH. And specced in to air water arcan the damage is close to the same of before the patch… But really, the susistain is amazing.
Btw im feeling like now SD is just better than SF… And surely more fun.

Parabrezza

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

The damage of SF specced in fire air arcane is just superior at the old SF focus even without BttH.

Confirmed, tested on a soldier necro. Almost OS with the legendary OS build. I’m not sure the old scepter BTTH could do that

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: alfieb.4506

alfieb.4506

I keep reading about how Thieves, Mesmers and medi Guardians got their bursts seriously buffed.

Can anyone report how the patch has affected Ele burst?

Confirmed that scepter dagger, is in my opinion very viable again, if you play it well all melt to your aoe and single target pressure! wohoooooo no more boring S/F

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aidan Eighthrain.8612

Aidan Eighthrain.8612

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Guys, yesterday I ran AC and got a little disappointed… felt like my damage was very low. I chose 11010 with S/F, cele armor and zerker trinkets, with Ice Bow and Glyph of Storms. :|

I wanted to leap into the unknown and get GoeP attuned to fire to cause a lot of burning with Glyph of Storms, but I’d like opinions on this. I tested and could easily reach 10+ stacks of burning for a brief time. I’m very confused about this meta.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

(edited by Valento.9852)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Eles can burn down oponents quite hard now. Yes the glyphs are strong there. Also arcane helps.
I am not a heavy burning ele but i can also stack up a lot. I like cleansing flame and flamewall.
Use arcane healing,arcane blast, arcane traits that trigger burning and the glyphs. Lay down a fire field and blow your arcane skills (blast finishers) and the storm …. Of course you have burnign precision for +20% duration and an extra burn.
With dagger you can also breath fire.
No condi cleanse = ash

Oh wohoo i have Stop, Dodge and Roll ^^.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Eles can burn down oponents quite hard now. Yes the glyphs are strong there. Also arcane helps.
I am not a heavy burning ele but i can also stack up a lot. I like cleansing flame and flamewall.
Use arcane healing,arcane blast, arcane traits that trigger burning and the glyphs. Lay down a fire field and blow your arcane skills (blast finishers) and the storm …. Of course you have burnign precision for +20% duration and an extra burn.
With dagger you can also breath fire.
No condi cleanse = ash

Oh wohoo i have Stop, Dodge and Roll ^^.

Would you mind sharing your build, sir?

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I did see a pure burn ele build. :-)
It is fire and arcane and i think air. It uses glyps and arcane skills using a dagger main hand. The build is squishy but shows how crazy it can be.

My ele is a Scepter/Focus Fire/Earth/Water build using healing glyph, cantrips and greatsword. I run mostly rabid gear so i am a condi ele. I can apply a lot of burning and i realy like my cleansing flame.
Was thinking trying air or arcane but it makes me squishy.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stebene.9275

Stebene.9275

Srsly, I hate S/F fresh air post-patch. Because everyone else got their burst buffed it’s even harder now to survive, still manageable but way harder. With zerker amu it’s impossible, every thief will kill you using backstab + autoattacks with haste only. Also tried D/D with water, arcane + either air or fire, was ok, but well… With our survivability slightly nerfed and other classes dps and burst buffed, D/F with fire (blinding ashes), water and arcane felt way better.

However, the best results so far burst and sustain wise I’ve had with staff using this build: http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-oZ;3g20U0v4-N;9;732G;0248256057;9;1CoF2CoF20d
Because arcane got buffed so hard this build really felt like it had the potential for outplaying the opponent and aeromancer’s training comined with lightning rod is just silly on staff, as supreme already mentioned. The application of burning is great, it has area denial, water field and crowd control + the survivability with aquamancer’s training was just way more than with D/D and noticably more than with D/F. Also worked really well in 1vX situations though the condition cleanse is lower than with D/D and D/F of course but healing rain did really well in those situations.

Not sure about the sigils so far, I think sigil of doom can be scrapped in the current meta, so energy and battle could workout well.

(edited by Stebene.9275)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aidan Eighthrain.8612

Aidan Eighthrain.8612

Try Soldier, Pack and Signet of Intelligence. Harder to land, better sustainability.