How is Tempest in PvE?

How is Tempest in PvE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

Hi all,
i’ve leveled to 80 a lot of classes but i’m still missing engi and ele.
I’d love to try one of these two to try some PvE content (fractals and raids) as well WvW (staff support ele is still good?).
So, considering that after leveling the herald i’ve barely the tomes to bring 1 more class to 80, do you think the tempest will be welcomed in current pve content?

thanks for any advice.
regards

norn warrior

How is Tempest in PvE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Amaranthe.3578

Amaranthe.3578

crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is Tempest in PvE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Yes Tempest will be welcomed in PvE content. The Tempest is a DPS increase for the old staff builds and are pretty good even with dagger mainhands (though the DPS difference between staff and dagger is pretty big).

Here’s a video of a Tempest from the [KING] guild in the new fight using full zerker (looks like) with Dagger/Focus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elV5EiNU4dM#t=5m50s

Staff support ele for WvW has been pretty untouched and is still good, even there adding Tempest could be a good addition depending on the build.

Only thing that stands out to be pretty meh is:

• Warhorn
  • Ramp up time for Water Overload
  • Radius of Fire Overload (but that’s not too big a deal)
Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

How is Tempest in PvE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Tempest is the best solo class. It can 1v1 any champ in zerker gear for the most part.

Tempest also seems to be the best tank right now due to ridiculous protection uo time, buffed protection and aoe healing

How is Tempest in PvE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: obstinate giraffe.9276

obstinate giraffe.9276

crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an insightful comment. If only all the other posts were as wise and informative as this one.

In actuality, Tempest is the exact opposite of crap; it’s excellent. Why? It’s incredibly fun with overloads and, imo, it’s just superior to the base ele in every way. Check out the Sand Squall thread for info on how effectively tempest can tank, and you’ll find more threads on videos on how it can provide good condition damage, support, power damage. The overloads add so much to gameplay, tbqh.

How is Tempest in PvE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

Overload makes it easy to set up various builds and still have decent output, as you are not ONLY reliant on the weapon choice anymore, something that holds the ele back, now you always have consistent overloads to dish out damage.

Downside it overloads are all melee based so if you don’t trait for stability, you have to expect to take a lot of damage (can’t dodge) or get interrupted.

How is Tempest in PvE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vind.5693

Vind.5693

Was staff in PvE before Tempest, now I’m glyph S/W and I absolutely love it. It’s a mix of ranged/melee, lots of magnetic reflect (group share), AoE healing and decent mobility.

I feel like I do more consistent damage, but still quite bursty – especially in Air attunement – while being less squishy. I don’t get downed nearly as much as I used to, and I can solo content much better now than before.

I also like keeping my might stacks up and sharing that with the party. When you get into that rotation you can really make some noise and melt entire groups of Veterans/Elites in a group of people single-handed.

It’s pretty cool!

How is Tempest in PvE?

in Elementalist

Heimdallr.7021

Thanks for sharing your opinions, i think i will give the tempest a try all considered.
Now i have to choose the race ;D

norn warrior

How is Tempest in PvE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

• Warhorn

Warhorn gets sort of a bum rap on this forum, but I think its actually quite strong (though some skills are weak… but EVERY weapon has some not so great skills except for Rev. Hammer).

The Ramp up time for Water Overload is an issue mostly for Focus users. With Dagger/Warhorn, the 4 seconds you wait are spent casting Water 5/3/4 for about 5K+ heal. Then overload water is up and if you actually need it you can use it. I find I just go into water to cast 5/3/4 and sometimes 2 then swap attunements… rarely do I overload water.

Agreed on the OLF radius… it could stand to be a BIT bigger.

How is Tempest in PvE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Yes Tempest will be welcomed in PvE content. The Tempest is a DPS increase for the old staff builds and are pretty good even with dagger mainhands (though the DPS difference between staff and dagger is pretty big).

Here’s a video of a Tempest from the [KING] guild in the new fight using full zerker (looks like) with Dagger/Focus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elV5EiNU4dM#t=5m50s

Staff support ele for WvW has been pretty untouched and is still good, even there adding Tempest could be a good addition depending on the build.

• Warhorn

I don’t know how he gets those numbers… i’m in full ascended assasin/zerker and my numbers are about half of what he is getting… I don’t get it, does Vale guardian have much less armor than other things? I’ve been practicing in HoT maps.

How is Tempest in PvE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Tempest is a good mix of survival and dps, and bigger AOE nuker for PVE.

It makes me actually enjoy Ele for the first time. I made an Ele long time ago, fully geared lv80, did some PVE and PVP contents, and didn’t really like it that much. So among the old 8 classes, I think I log on Ele the least.

But when I try Tempest, I absolutely love it, and make it want to put him into one of my mains in PVE.

How is Tempest in PvE?

in Elementalist

Heimdallr.7021

I see in that video tempest is full zerker, it’s still the best stat to craft for tempest?

norn warrior

How is Tempest in PvE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Honestly despite the fact that it’s possible to succeed in the new raid with tempest, it’s still not worth taking if you want to optimise.

The truth is that elementalist isn’t really in good shape right now because it’s had so much taken away from it in the past 2 years without having gained nearly as much by comparison with a lot of the other classes.

It isn’t a bad class, but it just isn’t really worth it anymore (at least right now it isn’t).

How is Tempest in PvE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Honestly despite the fact that it’s possible to succeed in the new raid with tempest, it’s still not worth taking if you want to optimise.

The truth is that elementalist isn’t really in good shape right now because it’s had so much taken away from it in the past 2 years without having gained nearly as much by comparison with a lot of the other classes.

It isn’t a bad class, but it just isn’t really worth it anymore (at least right now it isn’t).

I know you love stroking your pve kitten but you’re wrong on this one

How is Tempest in PvE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Nope, I’m not actually.

You can trashtalk me to your heart’s content, won’t change a thing.

How is Tempest in PvE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

We’ll agree to disagree. Damage wise, they are perfectly viable. All we really lack is a good way to break the defiant bar outside of Ice Bow 5.

I don’t know how he gets those numbers… i’m in full ascended assasin/zerker and my numbers are about half of what he is getting… I don’t get it, does Vale guardian have much less armor than other things? I’ve been practicing in HoT maps.

Vale Guardian is medium armor I believe I heard someone say. The reason he’s seeing those numbers is there’s constant 25 might, 25 vuln and all the group buffs from others.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

How is Tempest in PvE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Ele seems fine. Not the best, but not the worst. It was used by some guilds for some raid kills:

Sickest Guild’s Gorseval Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g53PpgdgGjs
Immortal Kingdom’s Vale Guardian Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elV5EiNU4dM

It seems to be that Ele does pretty poorly on the Vale Guardian fight. However, for the Gorseval fight, the large hitbox of the boss and the Wall mechanic makes it a good encounter for Staff Ele.

So overall, it’s seems pretty OK!