How to build a godly WvW ementalist?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Masternewbz.4953

Masternewbz.4953

Not looking to die alot, but also looking to do some good damage.

Anyone got a good hybrid?

Or glass cannons do fine in WvW?

Or go full tank?

Also , what stats am I looking to gear? Power , vita , toughness?
Power precision toughness or power precision %crit dmg?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rassilon.2459

Rassilon.2459

Power\Precision\crit dmg and be smart with your utilities and magnetic aura. Otherwise you will be less deadly than a ranger’s pet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dennace.2086

Dennace.2086

Full Berserkers Gear kitted out with Ruby Gems instead of runes + Staff and 30/30/0/10/0 as the build for wuvwuv.
Mistform + Teleport + [Anything] as your utilities and depending on the situation use Tornado or Elemental as your Elite.

You’ll be destroyed by anything that can survive your damage in a 1v1 but in a siege you’ll be godlike and virtually unkillable if you use your survivability skills well as you have missile reflect, teleport, immunity, stun removal, root removal and optional condition removal.

Fire 5 will crit upwards of 7k each meteor if you’re using 10% crit damage food, Fire 2 will crit 4k and Fire 1 will crit 3-4k.

Unleash your AoE into the enemy team then retreat, best to aim it over the top of a player that’s been downed but hasn’t been stomped as his team will rush in to revive him only to go the way of the Dinosaurs and be obliterated by giant fireballs of doom.

10 points in water is for the passive AoE health regen when you’re in water form and +10% damage while you’re over 90% hp.

If you take the arcane spell with 1500 range it can crit 6-7k in that build; with Lightning 2 and that arcane spell I regularly 2shot other Elementalists and other glass cannons.

Sorry for anything not making sense, tired.

9.8k wuvwuv kills on my Ele and counting.
Playing with Pandas until hacking is brought under control.

in Elementalist

Posted by: OPrey.4537

OPrey.4537

I have grown to love my elementalist in WvWvW. I find that I am godly in groups, amazing at nuking people on walls and I hold up pretty well 1v1 situations too.

Here is my build

30 Fire
30 Air
10 Arcane

Weapon: Staff
Utilities: Arcane Blast, Arcane (crap forgot name the 1500 range crit blast), Glyph of storms

Gear: Full Power, Precision, Crit% Head to toe and assessories. For runes i use the 2% Crit Damage + 10 to all stats for each one for 12% Crit Damage and 60 all stats

You can deal over 15k worth of damage very very quickly.

I find the best way to survive in WvWvW is knowing when you switch specs and use different abilities. Also paying attention and dodge rolling is also a plus.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ZaneStriker.2836

ZaneStriker.2836

There’s more to it than just saying “Tell me what to play”. How do you want to play? Do you want to be a ranged nuker? Go staff and some of the above builds. Do you want to be more in the fray, duking it out face to face? Try a heavy suvivial build with good melee damage.

Personally I play a DD might stacking build. In most large fights I can stack 25 mights alone with a little effort, though rarely do I need to do so alone while in larger fights. 1v1, 1v2, sometimes even 1v3 I can hold my own but only so long as I play fast and hard. Hesitating and letting the enemy land any blows on me and I crumble like a wet bag of kittens.

DiE
Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: daphoenix.4283

daphoenix.4283

Excala, Expert Elementalist
Fort Aspenwood [EXC]
http://www.youtube.com/user/daphoenix555?feature=mhee

in Elementalist

Posted by: SKYeXile.2716

SKYeXile.2716

yea it greatly depends on how you and your group plays….if you play with a group.

Xile | TRF – GM | [AU] Trf-guild.com – Now Recruiting.