How to kill a warrior?

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Elaron.8150

Elaron.8150

Q:

Healing signet makes them immune to all damage in d/d bunker.Condition removing makes them immune to signet of fire condition build.Not to mention their stuns for 3-4s.I am seeking advice and builds to kill them.

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dragonar.1342

Dragonar.1342

It’s impossible to kill a “good” warrior in wvw as an elemantalist.
You can throw yourself a party if you can get 20 percent of his health down.

In spvp you can use alot of your immobelize, knockdown and knockback and your stun. Its hard but possible.
And use your glyph of lesser elementals and glyph of elementals @ the same time.
/serious

(edited by Dragonar.1342)

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

It’s impossible to kill a “good” warrior in wvw as an elemantalist.
You can throw yourself a party if you can get 20 percent of his health down.

In spvp you can use alot of your immobelize, knockdown and knockback and your stun. Its hard but possible.
/serious

It is impossible as a d/d bunker spec from low-average damage. Ele needs to kite and burst them down to stand a chance. Toe to toe warrior wins without an effort.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dragonar.1342

Dragonar.1342

they only have to press the ’’imune’’ button to counter that.

(edited by Dragonar.1342)

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

If they decide to run you will have a hard time catching them to ensure you get a kill. You can kill them with 0/10/0/30/30 it depends on how you geared. Burning from drakes breath is vital to counteract healing signet. With that said Signet of Restoration totally changes the fight in a duel situation if you slot it. Ether renewal is a no no if we are talking about strictly dueling purposes.

Running around with glitter while casting for 3 1/2 seconds is 1596 health the Warrior gets to regenerate just from healing signet + adrenal health with 20 points in defense. D/D 10 air and 30 water is about sustained damage constant attacking, unless your running it in zerk/valk high crit damage.

The more I think about the more I think that ether renewal is great if you are burst or S/D burst build with 20+ points in Air and SOR is better if you are 10 air 30 water.

While warriors can dps you down well you can recover the damage taken pretty well with SOR and the lesser filler attacks from auto’s can be out healed with the standard build.

I run 0/10/0/30/30 and warriors are my fav people to fight. Though if they run I can’t catch them.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

im something between glass and balanced D/D with berserk amulet, nothing close to a bunker… dont have enough dps to outdmg warriors heal…

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

Put in poison on swap sigil and cut into their healing trinket/force their condi removal

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ray.2640

Ray.2640

After doing about 50 duels with various different builds and gear, I’ve concluded that the sheer number of CC / regeneration / damage is too much for us to handle.
Even though I’ve not lost 100% of the duels, the majority of them ended very one-sided.

The main problem is that the elementalist has a clear “offensive rotation” and “defensive rotation”. However the warrior can stay offensive and will keep damaging you, while healing himself up passively.

You can dodge his stun rotation, but doing so will only put it on a 7-8 second cooldown, you can heal his damage up but during your healing he’ll keep damaging you and healing himself at the same time, resulting in a loss/loss situation for you and a win/win for him. Not to mention all his condition cleanses / health regen come passively as he keeps on hitting you.

Getting a good burst on the warrior will not take him down, and between your bursts you’re going to be very defensive in order not to die. During that time he’ll heal back up. And that’s assuming he got hit by your burst in the first place.

Playing the attrition game simply doesn’t work because you’ll be spending most of the time rotating water heals and his passive healing is simply better. Not to mention that even with toughness on every gear piece and 20 points into earth (1800+ tougness) and pretty much permanent protection uptime with 17k hp, his combo dealt around 60-70% of my HP.
Some duels lasted for over 5 minutes where I would be able to survive but it’s all pointless if I’m spending all that time trying to survive and not pressuring him.
I can dodge his combo only so many times but it doesn’t impact the duel at all.

All my duels were against the same warrior using a hammer build.

(edited by Ray.2640)

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbones.6914

Fishbones.6914

unless they are full bunker i can usually take them out… though the good ones will most likely run away when they get low and continue to reset non stop. you need to stack might like a mad man and make sure to dodge their stuns and knockdowns. s/d also does really well against them, the instant blind on air 3 blows up there cc chains every time and one with air will give you enough distance to kite them around and make them miss alot of their earthshakers.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhEmgbzx4gjEAEFm4yoQIiCPUeMTO2A-jkCBoegYjAkIAUBgJfFRjtMMsVNDRTbDT5KwqYKqSBonyI-w

there is a solid d/d build that will give you alot of damage.

FC [yarr] ele-Vitamin Deeez

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

they only have to press the ’’imune’’ button to counter that.

what “immune” button? do you mean endure pain?. That’s very easy noticeable if you always check on enemy buff. (which you should do one every duel against any profession/player) The problem with d/d weapon set is you have to be at melee range to do significant damage. In this type of close range, a good warrior will always win. With s/d burst build whether you are glass cannon or not, you can easily kite the warrior and burst him down while he is unable to hit you or if he does hit you it is just once or twice.

Edit: Dueling against a good skillful player on whatever profession is not easy for ele. It takes a lot of effort on reading your opponent movements, countering them and outputing enough dps and defensive skills for you to win.

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Ray.2640

Something to note: I’ve not had many problems with warriors while roaming.
In fact I’d say I have around a 90% winrate against them if the fight is even. The problem I have is solely with the hammer build that my friend uses. I used to beat him pretty reliably when he still used GS/Axe/shield. Just that duels against skilled hammer warriors are not going to end well.

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

The skill animations of the hammer from the warrior are very noticeable. You shouldn’t be getting hit with a single stun from this weapon unless you ran out of endurance and utility. The mace stun skill is a different story but I can understand how difficult it can be to react while you are at a melee range with d/d.

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Fishbones.6914

also those disgusting little asuran rat kitteners can be hard to read at times

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyskythyn.6471

Kyskythyn.6471

Dueling against a good skillful player on whatever profession is not easy for ele. It takes a lot of effort on reading your opponent movements, countering them and outputing enough dps and defensive skills for you to win.

Essentially this. A healing signet hammer warrior can focus landing all his offensive skills and tailing his opponent, occasionally using endure pain or berserker’s stance when they’re under pressure. Due to the passive yet strong nature of healing signet and cleansing ire, they do not need to worry much about healing or condi cleansing. As an ele, especially a burst ele, your survivability relies on countering your opponent’s burst. Blind/dodge/block their high damage/cc skills, kite and burst when you can otherwise.

Miss Kysie – S/F condi bunker ele
River of Tears – S/D glass ele
Solo and small group roamer

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I would also recommend as D/D if they are mace/x or Hammer that this is one fight that it is ok to pop armor of earth early in the fight. Don’t start any of your aura’s early for fury like alot of ele’s do. Pay attention to buff bar for Endure pain and beserker’s stance if berserkers stance is up there is no point in trying to burn/fire grab. Save chill, ring of earth is on a low cd and does good damage so I will still hit them with it anyway.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Elaron.8150

Got a lot of comments about duels,thank guys!I am interested in spvp,however.And if i cant burst him in a teamfight,he is unkillable for me,correct?I was trying almost every build i found.Bunker is the most fun to play,cause i do not get one-shoted instantly.I seek for build that can survive teamfight AND actually kill some warriors.

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Got a lot of comments about duels,thank guys!I am interested in spvp,however.And if i cant burst him in a teamfight,he is unkillable for me,correct?I was trying almost every build i found.Bunker is the most fun to play,cause i do not get one-shoted instantly.I seek for build that can survive teamfight AND actually kill some warriors.

You may not get one- shot but you won’t kill good players with a bunker low damage build specially in spvp. Bunker builds aren’t the only ones that determine if you survive in teamfight. Player skills play a major importance when you play with a build with less armor and hp but much more dps/burst… even a glass cannon ele can survive in group if played right. Finally, don’t assume that by bursting it means to be glass cannon or to be “one-shoted” because that is not always the case.

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Posted by: keadlaw.6350

keadlaw.6350

Also try playing a warrior with the weapon sets you struggle against. Play around in the mist, do a cpl hot joins. Once you get used to what the warrior is working with makes it allot easier to anticipate what hes likely to throw at you.

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Truebanana.5936

Truebanana.5936

I can’t kill them with my usual D/F build, but with a 0/30/0/10/30 it’s really easy, as they mostly rely on regen and i easily outdmg it and with all defensive focus skill, you don’t take much risk against them. I also tried to perma troll dodge some stun wars (not only one) with my alt ele for almost 5min xD

Truebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist on Augury Rock
Dolcebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist twink lvl 60 on Augury Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xj7suly_U

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Ray.2640

I tried going s/f and even though the damage was higher then his regen it still wasn’t enough to down him before I ran out of defensive CD’s. Remember that you’re not hitting an AFK target, he’ll dodge your burst just as much as you’ll dodge his, his will come off CD about 3 times as fast though.

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Fishbones.6914

the scepter burst is instant and very hard to dodge…. i suggest you wait until he dodges then burst him after. If you do get hit by a earthshaker use the instant blind on air 3 to mess up his combo

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Warriors are just visible thieves now. If you do manage to get him low enough, he’ll run away. 99% of warriors are total cowards and wont risk staying. they know they can outrun you and they will. You’ll occasionally get a few who aren’t total pansies and will stay to finish the fight, but that’s rare. Most will run away halfway across the map the second you get them below half, then run back while all you stuff is on cooldown and attempt to stun spam you to death.

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Ray.2640

the scepter burst is instant and very hard to dodge…. i suggest you wait until he dodges then burst him after. If you do get hit by a earthshaker use the instant blind on air 3 to mess up his combo

The scepter air-burst didn’t even get his HP below 80%. Trying to hit the other combo’s reliably is nearly impossible against someone who knows how to play, not to mention that if you get your combos off the chance that you’ll end up with less %HP afterwards is very high.
I did much more then just blinding to screw up his combo but it’s not about how many hit’s he can get off, it’s about how long it takes me to recover / re burst him and the pressure he will put on me in the meantime. A good warrior won’t let himself get kited, he has 4 gap closers, 2 of which take half my HP when they land, 2 of them stun me.

As I said, I know how to beat warriors and I rarely lose a 1v1 when I’m roaming. It’s just this one build that I have no possible theoretical or practical way of beating, unless I play perfect and the warrior makes grave mistakes, but even then it’s a matter of chance.

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

Well lets say Im not a bad Elementalist (I still have a one on one quote >50%, though only in random channels with a lot of pugs)
but, when I fight a warrior that is at least a little capable i run and i know why.

I fought one some days ago, dd full berserker 30/30/10/0/0
Used Rtl to get to him, used lightning 5 to throw him down, attuned to earth used earthquake then rooted him with earth 3, then started churning earth, got it through.

U could say until there i completely outplayed the warrior.

But the root wore of and he started attacking me.
I attuned to fire, hit the impact of burning speed, ring of fire, arance wave (for combo) and fire grab.
Healing and sustain of the warrior was sufficient to survive all that.
I hit all disables all spells in full zerker 30/30/10/0/0.
He was at 20% life at that und started his permastun 100% crit combo on me, killed me in 5 seconds.

That are the moments when u just rage quit a match….

Sorry what can u do better than hitting all my disables and burst skills, if he just stands up after all my bursts and giving me a facecheck. …. just ridicolous

#ELEtism

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Ray.2640

It doesn’t sound like you know otherwise you wouldn’t have a problem with this hammer warrior. All good players will get hit with all your burst combos it is just a matter of knowing when to cast them and not making them a predictable button mashing move. Even a warrior with gs and sword/shield will easily get kited. Have you tried to use Rtl and lightning flash to gain distance instead of using them for offense and fgs skill 3 and 4? I bet you haven’t because that’s how you kite a warrior and burst him down at distance; once he comes close you burst him more while avoiding the moves that benefit him the most.

And it doesn’t sound like you’ve actually fought a warrior who’s not just a random fotm noob.
As I said, there were duels where I did manage to burst him, but not reliably.
I’m not going to discuss my capabilities as an elementalist and my experience fighting warriors here with you.
I did over 50 duels with my warrior friend and we both agreed that there is simply no reliable way of beating him. Also note that this is in arranged duels in WvW, surprising someone while roaming or Spvp might be different.

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Elaron.8150

You may not get one- shot but you won’t kill good players with a bunker low damage build specially in spvp. Bunker builds aren’t the only ones that determine if you survive in teamfight. Player skills play a major importance when you play with a build with less armor and hp but much more dps/burst… even a glass cannon ele can survive in group if played right. Finally, don’t assume that by bursting it means to be glass cannon or to be “one-shoted” because that is not always the case.

Hell yes!The problem for me is – if i am not a total bunker my face is slammed real fast.Yet if i cant kill someone forever it isnt fun to play as well.Glass cannon ele is about 10000-12000 hp btw and teamfight will mean some aoes.

All good players will get hit with all your burst combos it is just a matter of knowing when to cast them and not making them a predictable button mashing move.Have you tried to use Rtl and lightning flash to gain distance instead of using them for offense and fgs skill 3 and 4?

Reading warriors is hard for me,i am trying but it seems i am a bad player.
RTL is a wierd escape tool.Is there a way to clear your target rather then click esc 4 times in panic?This is 2-3 seconds to do,and sometimes there is a lot of targets in spvp as well.

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

build glass cannon and outplay them

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Fishbones.6914

you can clear your target by clicking on the screen …. just make sure you dont click another player!

How to kill a warrior?

in Elementalist

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

I play mesmer GS/S-P currently and only way to beat half good WR is to keep kite them stay a way.
its counter productive in spvp to fight them for me,since even if i win it takes more thne 2 min with this tactic so i just avoid and pick my targets.
But yes if WR takes endure pain on 25%hp and all stances as utillity its hard to squizze in betwean cd to do some dmg.
Why im writing in this forum is that a while back(2 months) while i played WR i had several encounters with one ele who had lesser elemntal glyph and elite lemental s/d and my gues was he had arcane as other 2 utillities.

What this guy did was- sumon air elite(occasional cc)and fire lesser ,let elementals wore my cds down while he keeps distance ,and then just as my stability wares of he would do insane 12-15k dmg on me,i really tought he was hacking ,but then one other friend explaind it to me …

Well dint play ele for a long time its time to remedy this mistake,can some explain how to build satff with ice bow for that huge aoe dmg please?

Tnx HF