How to kill cookie-cutter Warrior 1v1? [sPvP]

in Elementalist

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

I’ve tried everything and it’s just not possible if the target is competent. The Hammer/Mace is just too much CC and the healing sig is just too healy and Cleasing Ire/Zerker Stance is just anti-Sigil of Doom poison or pathetic attempts at applying weakness/cripple with signet of RNG. You don’t even dent them with Zerker gear since they have such high toughness with Valkyrie yet they do Zerker damage on you while you’re stunned. And in hot-join you can’t even run away if they are Mace/GS or Hammer/LB.

Is there a secret way to beat them unassisted that I’m unaware of?

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I’ve tried everything and it’s just not possible if the target is competent. The Hammer/Mace is just too much CC and the healing sig is just too healy and Cleasing Ire/Zerker Stance is just anti-Sigil of Doom poison or pathetic attempts at applying weakness/cripple with signet of RNG. You don’t even dent them with Zerker gear since they have such high toughness with Valkyrie yet they do Zerker damage on you while you’re stunned. And in hot-join you can’t even run away if they are Mace/GS or Hammer/LB.

What is your spec, what amulets are you using?

Also: Have you tried Staff?

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

The only way i know of is a lot of freeze.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

Warriors in the current meta are OP, I have the same issues, people will say you can just kite them, you cannot kite a competent warrior, they just shrug off your conditions/damage. Thjey have so much going in there favor. I’m going to ask a friend to duel me and see if I can figure out some way of beating one

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

You have to land every single skill-shot that you have to even have a chance. If you don’t land 3x phoenix (meaning hit outgoing, blast just behind, and coming back), ring of fire, firegrab, air-combo, and earth combo, and your arcanes, you won’t take them down enough and they will just regen all of the damage by the time you can burst again. If you are playing on a dueling server it will be VERY hard for them to sit there and take it while you just unload w/o them dodging. This, like every matchup, is under the label of very hard simply b/c their passive healing outpaces our sustained damage. You have to land everything a couple of times to have any chance. Try to stay at range beyond the times that you burst.

Also, I am assuming you are S/D, as S/F does not have enough possible damage to do anything, D/D will die in 1-2 hits, and Staff can’t deal enough damage reliably without getting killed.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Elementalist is not a very good 1v1 dueling class.

I suggest using staff and using Crowd Control.

Staff has Stuns, Pushbacks, ways to get people off you. Many people underestimate the AOE CC of Staff.

I don’t suggest taking on a warrior 1v1, you would have a much better time 2v2 or 3v3

Its troubling because of the high-skill cap and the spammy nature of Ele, they should probably get some kind of revamp to make the class easier.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grove.2835

Grove.2835

Ya don’t bother with a straight 1v1, maybe the bunker ele from last year could hold its own against it , but not now. The war build is pretty tough for elementalists, I have a war and an ele and its just too easy and does to much for an ele to keep up with.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Don’t forget to take poison. It helps a bit. As far as bunker warriors go, I usually get into an infinite with them. With Mace / GS warriors I can win some, but lose others (depends on the opponents build)

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Don’t forget to take poison. It helps a bit. As far as bunker warriors go, I usually get into an infinite with them. With Mace / GS warriors I can win some, but lose others (depends on the opponents build)

You are right! Elementalists have access to many sources of poison! Axe #1 gives you perma poison uptime!

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

You are right! Elementalists have access to many sources of poison! Axe #1 gives you perma poison uptime!

I love axe 1, its my favourite skill in the entire game /sarcasm
Sigil of Doom

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wryog.5073

Wryog.5073

Fresh air S/D with full berserker has gotten me pretty close in duels. However I tried that only a bit after the fresh air patch(I was still bad with it too :P) so I have no idea if that’s still possible.
I wouldn’t really expect to beat a warrior with a lot of toughness and vitality though, you probably won’t be able to burst that down before he starts healing.

Wryog [WBC] – elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senjun.8149

Senjun.8149

We are a profession with no poisons.

Warriors are a profession with insane CC
Heal 400 hp per second
Have blocks and kiting capabilities that pass ours
Deal insane damage
and wipe off our conditions like dust