How to survive pvp

How to survive pvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

Dear users i am having trouble surviving as ele Auramancer D/F what can i do to survive when i am alone waddling trying to get from place to place? i took the build from metabattle and seeing no improvement please help.

(edited by Axl.8924)

How to survive pvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

It’s impossible to survive against the most powerful conditions specs, even as arguably the most powerful counter to condition specs. That’s how out of hand those specs are. But as long as conditions can be countered more frequently than power attacks, conditions specs need to apply insane quantities or else they just won’t do enough damage.

I’d just like to see condition counters totally reworked. Let’s just go over every condi and think of a rework and counter that everyone can achieve as easily as simply dodging a power attack.

- Torment (PvP and WvW only): deals 0 damage while still; deals high damage while moving; duration reduced overall. Counter by not moving.
- Confusion (PvP and WvW only): deals 0 damage when not using a skill; deals high damage when using a skill. Duration reduced overall. Counter by not using skills.
- Poison: no longer deals damage; each stack reduces healing you receive by 5%. Counter by saving biggest heals for when stacks are gone or lowest.
- Bleeding: damage reduced; Receiving healing reduces the effectiveness of the next bleeding tick based on the amount healed. This one is a bit trickier, but it makes sense that healing someone’s wounds would slow down bleeding, so some kind of system in which healing you receive reduces the strength of bleeding on you would be good. Counter by healing!
- Burning: dodge rolling removes x amount of burning stacks. Water based skills could work to remove stacks, but then ele would just become too good against it.

And that’s where I’m stuck. There are many other conditions and I’m too tired to keep arguing for changes to make conditions ACTUALLY BALANCED FOR ONCE.

How to survive pvp

in Elementalist

Axl.8924

BUt if you nerf bleeds that will kill necro, and we are talking about maybe 2.2.5k per turn on 20k healths.

So there is no way to survive as an ele? i’m forced to be babysat? granted i am a support class and going to require team but there is no decent way to deal with condies on ele?

How to survive pvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Dear users i am having trouble surviving as ele Auramancer D/F what can i do to survive when i am alone waddling trying to get from place to place? i took the build from metabattle and seeing no improvement please help.

There is a world of knowledge that can be shared on this subject, much of which is learned through experience.

Obviously, knowing the class you’re up against is useful because not only can you anticipate and counter their moves, you can exploit any mistakes they make. More experienced players can provide insight, but you’ll need to provide a specific matchup you’re having trouble against (e.g. I can’t escape this thief! He just keeps dodging all over me applying poison, cripple, and bleed!).

In terms of general advice, keep in mind that PvP is not static the way PvE is. Enemies in PvP react to what you do. Obvious, I know, but here are some examples of how this can be exploited…

Let’s say you’re trying to run away from a melee enemy, but they’ve crippled you and they’re now just laying into you as you slow-walk away. What do you do?

Well, you could try to use an active heal, but chances are they’re waiting for it so they can interrupt and finish you off. One possible way of avoiding it is to force them to make a choice. Cast overload air. If they only have one interrupt ready to go, they’ll either have to eat the damage while allowing you to heal and apply boons + shocking aura, or use the interrupt. In the latter case, you’ll be able to follow up with a big heal they won’t be able to stop.

In addition, they’ll have used offensive cooldowns in the process of attempting to burst you down. So now their offensive capability is temporarily reduced while you’re back to full health.

In more general terms, applying pressure can be a good way to force other players to play more defensively. If you hurt them enough, they’ll either back off and try to avoid more damage or attempt to heal. In either case, you’ve bought yourself some time to heal and recover cooldowns.

Also, don’t forget CC and positioning. For instance, if you use overload earth not only does it apply protection, reducing damage taken by 40%, but it pulses stability making it difficult for enemies to interrupt it. It also applies cripple and ends with immobilize. This will often force enemies off of you for a moment. If they don’t back off, you can gain distance and heal.

As a bonus, it also applies magnetic aura, which reflects projectiles. So now you have distance, an immobilized/crippled enemy, and if they try to use a ranged interrupt it will simply be reflected! That’s about as good a cover for a heal as you could hope for!

The examples of how to handle a given situation are as numerous as the situations you will find yourself in. PvP just takes a lot of practice.

How to survive pvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

BUt if you nerf bleeds that will kill necro, and we are talking about maybe 2.2.5k per turn on 20k healths.

So there is no way to survive as an ele? i’m forced to be babysat? granted i am a support class and going to require team but there is no decent way to deal with condies on ele?

Ele is actually quite strong at dealing with condi. Consider that every shout you use or aura you apply clears a condition and shouts that apply auras clear TWO conditions. Swapping to water also clears a condition. You also have magnetic wave, which will clear 3 conditions. And every time you swap attunements you’ll clear a condition as well.

How to survive pvp

in Elementalist

Axl.8924

I am unsure what class it was because i was reacting trying to run, but i think there was a ranger and maybe a thief.

How to survive pvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

I dueled with a guardian in WVW and he constantly blocked my shouts and i couldn’t corrupt his boons, and he kept downing me, and it seemed like it was never down.
This seems massively overpowered and needs a nerf in my opinion

Brief look and you call for nerfs in all game modes.

If you came here to get help, ask for suggestions and stop asking for buffs and nerfs.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2