How would you redesign the elementalist?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

“Raids are destroying the game” is utter nonsense. It’s the best content in the game and like I’ve already said the case of the staff nerf wasn’t dictated by the raids, it was dictated by wrong perception.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

“Raids are destroying the game” is utter nonsense. It’s the best content in the game and like I’ve already said the case of the staff nerf wasn’t dictated by the raids, it was dictated by wrong perception.

See that where you fooling your self raids have taking builds out of the game they have made more have and have nots. They have taking up time of the dev in both hot fixes and in over all update of content. And they are most of the most exclusive content in gw2 and that not the point of GW2. When GW2 came out it was about playing the way you wanted and raids will if not already destroyed this ideal of gw2.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

Nothing stops you to play the way you want. You’re complaining about specific content replacing one meta with another. It doesn’t make any difference.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Nothing stops you to play the way you want. You’re complaining about specific content replacing one meta with another. It doesn’t make any difference.

Viably stops a lot of things and if classes can do better job it may not stop you at first but you will over time. Staff ele’s power dmg is lacking (all be power over all is lacking) and it has no real counter to all in anty power effects such as blocking like many other classes do for there power dmg.

I am complaining about content that is unrelated effect it meta.

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

Again, the change wasn’t dictated by the content. It was a reaction to wrong player perception.

By the way, unlike you I still play staff ele in WvW. The nerf was bad, I know that as I used to also play staff in PvE, however it’s not as bad in WvW as it is in PvE. In WvW it only affects your damage output against siege, and most of the siege you want to destroy ASAP is already small. Which reduces the ICD impact even further. To say this kills the viability of the weapon is simply a blatant exaggeration.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

I’d probably boost the individual strength of each element by double~ and then force the player to choose between two elements ala the Rev so that elementalists can specialize how they choose. This kind of thing seems like it’d be a better idea for an elite spec rather than a rework, though.

Alternatively having a trait which removes an element to decrease another element’s cooldowns by a huge amount would be very interesting in my opinion. For example, removing fire to decrease all water cooldowns by 50%, and vice versa for air/earth.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Luminator.2350

Luminator.2350

Easy:

1. Rework tempest, dump overload mechanic.
2. Make attunement dancing viable again.

Done.

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

Easy:

Done.

Taking Tempest isn’t mandatory, you know. Just play core ele.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Easy:

Done.

It is and its kind of silly that ppl think core ele is worth playing any more. Tempest did nothing to take away effects your saying that i want to give up the best dps skill ele has the best stab skill and a set of 4 free stun brakes. Ontop of an more useful elite.

Anet messed up with the elite spec it may get better after the next set then you have to make a real chose but right now the core classes for a lot of the classes who only got added effect and lost nothing for it are comply out dated and balanced for pre hot gw2.

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

If you think it’s messing up you’re sorely mistaken. Elite specs are more powerful on purpose.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

If you think it’s messing up you’re sorely mistaken. Elite specs are more powerful on purpose.

So you admit they are stronger then the core. Cores for a lot of classes are not there any more because of the elite. You cant play ele with out tempest ant any real game play.

That how i would redesign the game and ele i would make classes lose something for going an elite spec and i would make elite spec purely one game type. Tempest would lose all of it dmg go be pure tank support. Air and fire over loads would get more boons but lose nearly all there dmg. Fresh air air overload is way too much dmg for a tankly support spec. Then i would take that dmg and add it back to the core ele class.

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

Of course the elite specs are stronger. They’re supposed to be. That’s why they are called “elite” and that’s why you’re restricted to only picking one of them.

Stripping the damage potential from Tempest would cripple our dps and place ele firmly in trash tier btw. And nobody cares about support eles except in PvP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Man, if arcana reduced overload times as well as attunement cooldowns…

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Of course the elite specs are stronger. They’re supposed to be. That’s why they are called “elite” and that’s why you’re restricted to only picking one of them.

Stripping the damage potential from Tempest would cripple our dps and place ele firmly in trash tier btw. And nobody cares about support eles except in PvP.

They are called elite SPECIALIZATION not “i am stronger at playing gw2 because i spend money for HoT.”

Stripping tempest dmg potential and giving it to the core ele would fix a lot of problems that ele has as a class. It would fix a lot of problems with the balancing of the game.

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

Stripping tempest dmg potential and giving it to the core ele would fix a lot of problems that ele has as a class. It would fix a lot of problems with the balancing of the game.

It would make Tempest pure garbage in PvE. It sucks when you can’t play your elite spec because it’s plain bad. Ask engi mains.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

It would make Tempest pure garbage in PvE. It sucks when you can’t play your elite spec because it’s plain bad. Ask engi mains.

I am sry but tempest is a tankly support and if that is bad in pve then its bad in pve this is how Anet made the class why do you think i am going on and on about these things and about real problems with the ele class. At best you want tempest to fix every thing and lets you forget about every problem with ele but you cant do that because things will be fixed one day. Air overload and fire overloads are going to keep getting nerfed because that not what the specialization is for so its best to fix the core class of ele in the dmg department not the support sustane.

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

Right, the mechanic of the spec is pretty much the best damage dealing skill we got, but it’s a tanky support. Tempest is a bit all over the place, that much is true. But to call it “tanky support” is to ignore a huge part of it.

Overloads won’t be nerfed anymore, because the class is not competitive in terms of damage, with higher skill requirements. Many players shifted to other damage dealers, so there’s zero reason to nerf ele’s dps output. Moreover, Tempest will not become a pure support line unless we have a different, damage oriented elite spec. For reasons I already cited. In other words, not before an xpac. Perhaps not even then. Only time will tell.

in Elementalist

Luminator.2350

Easy:

Done.

Ofc it’s not mandatory, i’m perfectly free to dump all my best damage bursts and totally cripple my overall damage output.

Also, have fun trying HoT story as core Ele.

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

How do you think I played HoT story when the expansion first hit?

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Right, the mechanic of the spec is pretty much the best damage dealing skill we got, but it’s a tanky support. Tempest is a bit all over the place, that much is true. But to call it “tanky support” is to ignore a huge part of it.

Overloads won’t be nerfed anymore, because the class is not competitive in terms of damage, with higher skill requirements. Many players shifted to other damage dealers, so there’s zero reason to nerf ele’s dps output. Moreover, Tempest will not become a pure support line unless we have a different, damage oriented elite spec. For reasons I already cited. In other words, not before an xpac. Perhaps not even then. Only time will tell.

Most of the overloads are tankly effects and come with a lot more support and self sustane then any thing else. At best the dmg and dmg + was tacked in there after the fact due to ppl going on and on about how it should do dmg. Tempest is a pure tankly support class and they are going to keep nerfing overloads. Just because you do not like something dose not make it wrong i mean tempest is running the WH and nearly ever skill it has is support base.

If they don’t at a point tempest will be able to heal every one tank hits and do some of the best dps making it the end all be all elite spec and realty what the point of having specialization in the name if you do not specialized in any thing.

in Elementalist

Luminator.2350

How do you think I played HoT story when the expansion first hit?

And how convenient/effective was it compared to playing it as Tempest?

(edited by Luminator.2350)

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

The new spec. that ppl think is going to be next is NOT the way to fix ele at all. There just going to be too many way to brake ele’s effects if you can doable up on atuments. The core ele got to be fixed so badly here.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

How would I change Elementalist…. honestly I wouldn’t do much…

I’d make sure every ability type had an elite… so that means Sigil users would finally have an elite…

I’d change the Conjuration elite from a Fiery Greatsword to an Arcane Greatsword… I really don’t know why it wasn’t Arcane from the start… we already have a conjuration for each element, and Arcane is supposed to be pure raw magic, so why not have the conjuration elite be the purest and rawest form of magic…

I’d make Conjurations instant casts, and last longer… the X number of hits would be dropped allowing you to use it until the duration expires.

Give a sizable, scaling, stat buff to each attunement… appropriate for the powers in each… so Condi (dmg or dur, maybe even both at half strength) for Fire, Healing Power for Water, Toughness for Earth, and Crit(?) for Air…

beyond that I don’t really see anything to change…

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Noctix.9624

Noctix.9624

Unlink the skills from the weapons, allowing free choice of skill combinations like GW1 had.

I think having skills linked to weapons is fine. However I feel that each weapon should have more options in terms of skills which can be used/swapped around like utility skills when a weapon is equipped. Not sure how how good this would work with ele unless they reworked it and removed attunements for something different though. For other classes for example sword you’d have the current ones, but then there would be say a second set that you could mix and match with while sword was equipped.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

Unlink the skills from the weapons, allowing free choice of skill combinations like GW1 had.

I think having skills linked to weapons is fine. However I feel that each weapon should have more options in terms of skills which can be used/swapped around like utility skills when a weapon is equipped. Not sure how how good this would work with ele unless they reworked it and removed attunements for something different though. For other classes for example sword you’d have the current ones, but then there would be say a second set that you could mix and match with while sword was equipped.

They had many of us convinced that this was exactly what they were going to do with weapon skills before the closed beta… honestly, they should have gone through with it too.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

Jski is right. Since core ele is hard to adjust so anet is gutting out core mechanics to reduce their damage in raids thus reducing it in all game aspects since. The have been gutting them since weak 2 of raids. Hence effecting wvw and spvp. Hell they got core ele mechanics prior Hot release to make core eles buy HOT. Play in North America and taste the changes… if you play in Eu hey those 2012 builds are still viable.

Attachments:

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper