Hydromancy on a staff?

Hydromancy on a staff?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sergo.2867

Sergo.2867

Does Sigil of Hydromancy work as the tooltip says it does? I have it on my warrior’s weapons. It says nearby foes (plural), but I haven’t been able to confirm it hitting more than once.

And what is “nearby”? Will it freeze anyone I’m targetting if they’re within weapon range?

I avoided the “on weapon swap” sigils because I thought, ideally, a staff ele is not “nearby” his enemies. Will it still chill them if they’re at normal staff range?

Geros Rainhall, Warrior, et. al.
Tarnished Coast

Hydromancy on a staff?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Only around you

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Hydromancy on a staff?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ReqX.3178

ReqX.3178

Nearby means “near you”. Radius is 240 pbAE, so no it will not freeze the guy at 1200 staff range. However, the good news is: yes normal AEO cap (5 “nearby” foes that is).

Xefarya – X [REQ]uiem X – Riverside
dangerdoom.3862: We all know your setup by now:
2 guardians, 2 mesmers, 1 warrior and 3 forumtrolls

Hydromancy on a staff?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sergo.2867

Sergo.2867

Thanks for the replies. Have any staff eles tried this in WvW? Does it save your bacon when people close on you?

I’d be giving up Sigil of Force, so I’m inclined not to change.

Geros Rainhall, Warrior, et. al.
Tarnished Coast

Hydromancy on a staff?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

I use it on off hand weapons. At the start of a battle it will proc when I change into an attunement and before I ever get in melee range which doesn’t do me any good. If I choose to run though it comes in handy but that of course is 10 seconds later.

I know your question was about staff. I try not to get into melee or 1v anything with a staff. The effect is a small aoe and easy to run around for someone coming after me from a distance. It could come in handy if I am in a group and the battle becomes close quarters, but then I just prefer to stick around and die lol if that is what everyone else is doing. I use other sigils for staff.

(edited by Baladir.2736)

Hydromancy on a staff?

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

the ice blast that comes out, in that range, nice and close.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Hydromancy on a staff?

in Elementalist

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Just remember that proc on crit and weapon swap sigils share cool downs.