Hyjaxx's Tele-churn/skirmish build

in Elementalist

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

salutations folks. this is a S/D build ive been working on for quite some time and it has proved to be most useful in wvw . http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/elementalist#6|3|1119|1848|3986|48|1342|10|1665|0|0|0|0|0|0|20|1645|1640|0|10|2261|0|0|30|1627|2250|965|0|0|1|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

Here is the idea behind the build.

First off. it is meant to be a skirmish build. able to stay on your toes to get in and out in a hurry and has the potential to do roughly 23-30k damage in 3.1 seconds and still have enough left to get out of danger.

this build has a ton of crowd control and can bring a large group of people to their knees, allowing other classes to really take advantage of the moment. with the potential to do 3-4 blinds and 2 knock downs in rapid succession..its really a blast!

This build really demands that you are quick on the keys, as switching elements for your rotation needs to be done quite a bit.

now the question im sure alot of people have is survival. well. despite having 13k hp, i tend to last to the end of almost every engagement. with the shields you gain in the build, plus the arcane ability and the mist form. we have a ton of outs. and when things get crazy, switching to water and letting loose can really heal you up.

anyhow as far as gear goes, i went power/precision/%crit damage. and it works really well. with food and maint oils i have roughly 100% crit damage bonus and with the high power you get from gear ..it really shines on the battle field. with the fire field and proper rotation you can also have 13 stacks of might up during almost all of your fights. combine with the Fury/regen/prot that is almost always up because of the build and you end up with the damage of a glass cannon …..without the glass

if people are interested in rotation ect, ill be happy to post it. for now..Enjoy!

thanks!

Jaxx

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Did you take armor into account when calculating that damage?

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

How to use churning earth effectively.

Step 1
Arcane 30: XII elemental Surge

Step 2
Take arcane bolt or wave and lightning flash

Step 3
Start casting churning earth, then teleport at you foe and use your instant bolt or wave to imob them before they can dodge it.

Step 4
Profit.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3
Start casting churning earth, then teleport at you foe and use your instant bolt or wave to imob them before they can dodge it.

Step 4
Profit.

Dodge wave or bolt?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

Just be careful if your enemy has access to blind.

Nothing like channeling for 3 seconds then flashing in only to see miss miss miss miss.

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Dodge churning earth. You can’t dodge while being immobilized.

in Elementalist

hyjaxxx.1584

i know in a pure churn build you use the plus damage traits. but ive found that for a skirmish build using the ones i did make this build an animal, even with super low hp i last till the end of engagements. Im still able to lay down a devastating rotation ..and then get out of range and dive back in for more. using RTL to get out of a frey, then punching back in seems to really surprise em!

also, the reason i use the on dodge trait, is after i churn and pop my fire abilities. i can switch to ltn and dodge..it does the AoE blind..then i RTL out without taking any damage…or stay in earth for a second churn, then fire dodge to AoE Blast.

anyhow, i love it. and if you are quick on your fingers switching atunements then you should enjoy it too!

Whoajaxx the Ranger

(edited by hyjaxxx.1584)

in Elementalist

Posted by: markus.8631

markus.8631

i know in a pure churn build you use the plus damage traits. but ive found that for a skirmish build using the ones i did make this build an animal, even with super low hp i last till the end of engagements. Im still able to lay down a devastating rotation ..and then get out of range and dive back in for more. using RTL to get out of a frey, then punching back in seems to really surprise em!

also, the reason i use the on dodge trait, is after i churn and pop my fire abilities. i can switch to ltn and dodge..it does the AoE blind..then i RTL out without taking any damage…or stay in earth for a second churn, then fire dodge to AoE Blast.

anyhow, i love it. and if you are quick on your fingers switching atunements then you should enjoy it too!

I’m always looking to try new builds and ideas….I’d like to get a look at your rotations, if you have the time to post them. Thanks!

Thiefy [DDLG] – Devona’s Rest

in Elementalist

hyjaxxx.1584

well from memory its- (e)Churn to Tele on top of targeted mob, switch to (f) drop fire spike ,fire ring ,pheonix,flame pull. (this portion of the rotation kills 75% of targets, plus gives 9-13 stacks of might) if im still fighting i continue with switching to (a) dodge to blind, #2, blind again,updraft into ride the lightning. (this keeps enemies either knocked down,blinded,crippled the entire time, plus anyone around them is dead as well)

Now if my tele churn isnt ready i go into battle doing the following.

I Ride the Ltn in, Updraft to knock down, then use #2 ability, then blind again. Switch to earth (which cripples) and knock em down, apply bleed then Blind em with earth #3…by this time they have been so demoralized that you can finish em off with a switch to fire and pheonix,ring,flame pull….toast!

also to remember, while jumping around blinding and knocking down you can switch to water to heal and remove conditions, and use the 5 and 2 to heal people around you up.

this build really is the best one ive seen for skirmishing.

feel free to guest over to dark haven and say hello!

Jaxx.

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4
Profit.

You could also use earthquake and pop arcane wave just before they get back up, although this needs some condition duration as well.

(edited by Navzar.2938)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

well from memory its- (e)Churn to Tele on top of targeted mob, switch to (f) drop fire spike ,fire ring ,pheonix,flame pull. (this portion of the rotation kills 75% of targets, plus gives 9-13 stacks of might) if im still fighting i continue with switching to (a) dodge to blind, #2, blind again,updraft into ride the lightning. (this keeps enemies either knocked down,blinded,crippled the entire time, plus anyone around them is dead as well)

Now if my tele churn isnt ready i go into battle doing the following.

I Ride the Ltn in, Updraft to knock down, then use #2 ability, then blind again. Switch to earth (which cripples) and knock em down, apply bleed then Blind em with earth #3…by this time they have been so demoralized that you can finish em off with a switch to fire and pheonix,ring,flame pull….toast!

also to remember, while jumping around blinding and knocking down you can switch to water to heal and remove conditions, and use the 5 and 2 to heal people around you up.

this build really is the best one ive seen for skirmishing.

feel free to guest over to dark haven and say hello!

Jaxx.

I find it’s good to follow Churning with Earthquake; the KD keeps them still long enough for your fire 4 and 3 to hit with time to start casting your next spell.

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I changed the build based on some of the replies, and added some gear to it that I would use. Couldn’t get it exactly to match WvW gear because that site is designed for spvp only: S/D inescapable churning| Thoughts? I don’t actually use tornado. I left it in. With a condition damage build, the fiery greatsword would be quite good. But most of the time it’s air elemental for sprint and ranged stuns. The earth ele’s cripple might be a solid choice here, too.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

katniss.6735

That site is buggy for me. The stats at the bottom do not change when I switch gear around.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/elementalist/

This site is my favorite build calculator. It has a few minor errors but it works for pve/wvw where most of them use the spvp junk (I mean, amulets….).

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in Elementalist

katniss.6735

How about this build ?

Or even Omnomberry Ghost
45 minutes
66% Chance to steal life on crit
+70 precision
+15% bonus experience
as the consumable, since healing might be an issue without the condition removal.

Swap 30 point in Earth, and Healing skill to Ether Renewal, when you know you’re going up against a mesmer.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

(edited by katniss.6735)