I can't believe...

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kasrios.7548

Kasrios.7548

The same “dev” that came up with daredevil’s elite came up with tempest’s elite. Why can’t i have a usable cool elite on my main and only class after 3 years?

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

It’s because ele is OP and it would be really hard to design a decent elite spec. Maybe next time, when ele would be worse. Let’s hope for it!

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

It’s because ele is OP and it would be really hard to design a decent elite spec. Maybe next time, when ele would be worse. Let’s hope for it!

Poor excuse when you see how they revamped mesmer, and Robert Gee still came up with an awesome elite spec for it.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

It seems somewhat obvious, at least to me, that Karl cared a lot more about making the Daredevil decent than he did the Tempest. I mean, he even forgot the name for Ether Renewal during the livestream when comparing it to Channeled Vigor.

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

It seems somewhat obvious, at least to me, that Karl cared a lot more about making the Daredevil decent than he did the Tempest. I mean, he even forgot the name for Ether Renewal during the livestream when comparing it to Channeled Vigor.

i doubt this is honestly the answer, its easily done to forget things when on the spot, the likelyhood they’re told what role to fulfill with these new elites and they have to build something to lean towards it, maybe that intended role couldnt fit the more offensive weapons.

Also, its pretty known the rogue class always gets the cooler things, that comes with playing the assassin styled proffession and it links in very well with the roles they do aswell as us, our Playstyles are based around Bunkerish with more Damage (D/D) and Bunker Staff (Celestrial staff) therefore to fit something that will fit a bunker more Is Likely..

thief isnt bunker on any level therefore used for other things.. such as Damaging Ninja Playstyles.

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

I wonder how long people will defend the devs with these weird excuses.
> Ele is already OP so Tempests needs to suck
> Tempest is for CGC
> Of course Rogue classes are cooler and bunker Mages are hard to design for(Reaper…)
Etc.

No one needs to defend the devs; they can speak for themselves, if they care.

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Tempest is a mages not a thf like class. Devs is more of a pure thf class all though it not a full stealth version more of a high evasion class. I am sry its not what you want but tempest is a mages and will play like one one day we may see more of a thf like ele elite spec class but that not now.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

> Tempest is for CGC
> Of course Rogue classes are cooler and bunker Mages are hard to design for(Reaper…)
Etc.

It isnt defending a dev… its just ridiculous.

simply there are plenty who do and dont like this new specialization for the Elementalist, does it need work yes, but to outright say “they couldnt of cared” is stupid cause im sure they Love the tempest themselves and feel its great.. just as much as the Dare devil..

Simply just more suited to their circumstances and game-play, Elementalist has always been a Strong support and will obviously be kept in that direction its their Speciality, Thiefs have always been strong 1v1ers nd Outright Damagers therefore they have been given more to support that in the staff Necro has always been a Slow Unmobile Sustained Mage and has been kept in that direction.

they’re not changing the proffessions on a game-breaking level, none of the new elites have really pushed the proffessions OUTSIDE what they do.

(edited by Drayos.8759)

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

> Tempest is for CGC
Etc.

It isnt defending a dev… its just ridiculous.

“I wanted Sword, i wanted a more mobile Assassin styled Play” guess what? THIEF, they have that playstyle in the game they Dont NEED to give it to Elementalists, theres no REASON to repeat playstyles on every other proffession HENCE why there is VARIATION in choice of what proffession to play!/

U picked to play a Caster, Something at Nature is a Mage, OFCOURSE its New elite was going to be a Mage and Become more Sided towards being Magical then becoming a Swordsman, it just makes NO SENSE why to give Elementalists Swords fundamentally U ARNT swordsman, Why Use a Sword if u blow the face off someone via fire… NO CIRCUMSTANCE would someone take into Melee When u have Magic…. I certainly would NEVER go punch a guy abot if i simply could burn him alive, hence why “never bring a Dagger to gun fight”…

In every situation tempest is more suited to elementalist then Swordsman could ever be and thats why u got it, u dont like it but at the end of the day Keep the kitten proffessions in there roles..

I’d run this through google translate but I’m not sure what language to pick on the ‘translate from’ column.

The root problem is that the developers view of the elements and attuning is completely flawed, has been since launch, and the fiasco that is the tempest only drove the point home.

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

I don’t see the logic in the mage vs. assassin argument. This is a game that doesn’t follow the typical fantasy rpg conventions and if it did, what is conventional about a mage using a warhorn? Either way, there’s no excuse for why the Daredevil will probably deal more damage from just the Bounding Dodge than a Tempest overloading an attunement. Unless you want to argue that jumping on top of someone is more powerful than a lightning storm because the assassin trained really hard.

(edited by Clownmug.8357)

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I don’t see the logic in the mage vs. assassin argument. This is a game that doesn’t follow the typical fantasy rpg conventions and if it did, what is conventional about a mage using a warhorn? Either way, there’s no excuse for why the Daredevil will probably deal more damage from just the Bounding Dodge than a Tempest overloading an attunement.

Well WH in GW2 is as close as you get to an combat interment so think of it more like a bard mages then say a staff mages. Now only if they would add in more WH that fill other wind interment types i think we have a horn we need a tuba!

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

It really would be helpful at this point if a dev could explain what they think the point of Rebound is. I mean, clearly they thought it had a useful function or they wouldn’t have included it, how did they see Eles using it that would make it the very best Elite to choose for some specific, valued build?

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

rotten.9753

I guess tempest is the spec ele should be using in raids. Can’t wait to get that shiny ball of light called legendary armour.

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

I guess tempest is the spec ele should be using in raids. Can’t wait to get that shiny ball of light called legendary armour.

If you ever think any serious raider will touch tempest you are sorely mistaken, its dps is garbage. There’s no reason ever to run anything but staff in PVE.

The Sickest Guild NA

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

rotten.9753

Dps isn’t the only thing that matters, especially in the new unknown content. Tempest may actually finds its spot.

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Malchior.5732

Dps isn’t the only thing that matters, especially in the new unknown content. Tempest may actually finds its spot.

Unless it’s camping Water, I don’t see it happening.

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Personally I don’t expect to touch Tempest again until they address our concerns with the mechanics. Next beta I’ll play Daredevil and see if I can imagine myself main thief.

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

I’ll run tempest no problem. Can’t wait to get my hands on the spec.

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Yeah watching the Daredevil points of interest I was SHOCKED to learn that Karl was the dev on thief elite spec too. How could one developer so epically fail on Tempest yet deliver what looks like the most fun and unique elite spec right now?

Seems even more that Karl simply doesn’t care about Eles…

I mean seriously, just look at it. Thief spec was VERY well received, and they have 2 (TWO!) Developer responses from Karl already, yet Tempest reception was mediocre at best, kitten ing at worst, and we don’t even have a single response from Karl?

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

(edited by SchmendrickTheMagician.8247)

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Yeah watching the Daredevil points of interest I was SHOCKED to learn that Karl was the dev on thief elite spec too. How could one developer so epically fail on Tempest yet deliver what looks like the most fun and unique elite spec right now?

Seems even more that Karl simply doesn’t care about Eles…

I mean seriously, just look at it. Thief spec was VERY well received, and they have 2 (TWO!) Developer responses from Karl already, yet Tempest reception was mediocre at best, kitten ing at worst, and we don’t even have a single response from Karl?

“I really like this Elite Specialization! The only problems I have with it are this, this, and this.”
-> “Oh, some constructive criticism! That’s wonderful. Could you elaborate?”

“THIS ELITE SUCKS AND I HATE YOU AND YOU’RE STUPID AND YOU DON’T CARE”
-> “Screwwwww this, I won’t be getting anything useful out of these raging juveniles.”

I know there’s plenty of suggestions as to how to do it “right” on the boards, and I know that not everyone is being a whiny child about it, but it’s near-impossible to sift through the garbage to find any of the genuinely helpful posts.

“HE SHOULD HAVE DONE IT RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING”

Elementalist is ridiculously complicated compared to Thief, it’s a lot harder to determine every facet of the class without spending copious amounts of time researching the meta, and the poor guy works on the game day in and day out already. You know how you get sick of a restaurant’s food when you work there? The same applies to games. It’d be soul-crushing to devote every waking moment to it, and even moreso to then have to deal with the hordes of ungrateful kids who have nothing but vitriol pouring out of their mouths.

I’m not saying Tempest should be left as-is, and I’m not saying people should stop voicing concerns and opinions on it, but Jesus Christ, give the guy a little bit of a break, stop acting like he’s Satan for not getting it right. (Oh, God, two Christian references in one sentence. That wasn’t my intention, cross my heart.)

The class is always greener on the other side.

(edited by Toolbox.9375)

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

We gave mountains of feedback for weeks and everyone got tired of giving all this useful feedback and the devs not saying a single kittening word. then they dropped useful feedback about EVERY OTHER SPEC and said ours was “well revived” and just did exactly what most of us said not to do and just tweaked numbers…

They even went back to the DH post and elaborated on intended plans post beta 2. us? nope nothing. They should atleast drop something like “we are working on new mechanics/traits/elite in testing to see if we can find something that would be both viable and enjoyable for you” or even “we have heard your concerns and we will be working to address them” or “go suck a kitten your getting what we made” like literally any of those options would be better than what they are currently doing with their ele playerbase.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Toolbox.9375

We gave mountains of feedback for weeks and everyone got tired of giving all this useful feedback and the devs not saying a single kittening word.

Yes, amongst a bunch of “you guys are idiots” and “they don’t even care”. Unfortunately, a huge amount of people started off with such behavior, and it spread to others like a plague. There’s not much that could’veven been done about it, admittedly, as no one can truly control the actions of another, so the insta-whiners doomed things from the get-go in that regard. It is a very unfortunate and unfair position to those who are/were courteous and constructive, most assuredly. But abandoning civility and taking after the rest of the apes screaming and beating their chests is even less likely to help than continuing trying to be a calm voice amongst the ruckus.

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Malchior.5732

We gave mountains of feedback for weeks and everyone got tired of giving all this useful feedback and the devs not saying a single kittening word.

Yes, amongst a bunch of “you guys are idiots” and “they don’t even care”. Unfortunately, a huge amount of people started off with such behavior, and it spread to others like a plague. There’s not much that could’veven been done about it, admittedly, as no one can truly control the actions of another, so the insta-whiners doomed things from the get-go in that regard. It is a very unfortunate and unfair position to those who are/were courteous and constructive, most assuredly. But abandoning civility and taking after the rest of the apes screaming and beating their chests is even less likely to help than continuing trying to be a calm voice amongst the ruckus.

Well I’m sorry, I thought the Devs were adults and could ignore the whining of some members to be able to read the real feedback, of which there was plenty.
They already do that on a daily basis, so why not for Elementalists?

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Toolbox.9375

Well I’m sorry, I thought the Devs were adults and could ignore the whining of some members to be able to read the real feedback, of which there was plenty.
They already do that on a daily basis, so why not for Elementalists?

Because for Elementalists, the whining is the norm. Just look at the disrespect being shown for the developers in this very thread, and from your very post. It’s no wonder they want nothing to do with it.

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

During one stream at PAX Karl played Elementalist and he was horrible.

Tempest says who ever designed me, I have no idea how the Ele plays.

I find sad that the person who is designing a profession has no attachment to it. It is not clearly so for Chronomancer, Reaper and Daredevil.

I can't believe...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Whether it’s true or not, nobody should ever assume this, and developers should not have to put up with the whiny BS.

It’s the developer’s JOB to deal with us.

It’s not, actually. The only person who’s job it is to deal with players is CS. The actual devs don’t have to interact with players at all. Their only job is to make the best game they can.

They don’t need white knights to defend them. They have the tools to stop this.

Yes, but forum bannings will only get them so far, I really don’t think that’s the best way to resolve all this.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”