I can't win! D:

I can't win! D:

in Elementalist

Posted by: SonOfKrypton.4357

SonOfKrypton.4357

I am seeking some help/tips on how to beat certain classes. I can’t seem to beat them no matter what I do.

I wouldn’t say I’m “THE BEST ELE NA” but I have a good idea on what I’m doing and how to play.

The classes I’m having trouble with are Stun Warriors and Sword/Dagger thieves.

I feel useless against these classes/specs. Is there any special tips anyone could give me on how to improve or are those two specs just a counter to elementalist?

Thank you in advance!

Attempting to contact arenanet.support seeking counselling expenses.

I can't win! D:

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I also feel useless against S/D thieves, though my build is nothing but boon generation.

As to stun warriors, it depends on the players build. What works in my build is Poison. That helps me to reduce some of their incoming heals from Signet Heal.

Using invulnerability, my 3 blinds and stun break at the right time also help me.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

I can't win! D:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

Just curl up into a defensive ball on the ground and hope they get tired of kicking you.

….Hah! Seriously though, not much you can do versus a competent thief. Just do the usual things you do to deal with thieves and hope he screws up or is just bad. Keep your head held high!

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

I can't win! D:

in Elementalist

Posted by: tdopun.7439

tdopun.7439

I’ve found for me, it’s a battle of mitigation and anticipation. Playing more passively and ensuring sustained damage output over bursting either of them down. While also keeping positional awareness up.

For S/D thieves, I’m not saying I don’t have issues with them, because I do from time to time. But mitigate the amount of CC you throw out at a time. I save my auras for when they juke in close, and use my ring of earth and earthquake sparingly. When I get them down at least 50%, I try to throw this combo:

magnetic grasp/leap → updraft → ride the lightening → then roll backwards (for aiming)→ burning speed → firegrasp

This has worked out well for me.

For stun warriors, I try to play behind them as much as I can. I never stop moving. I play passively allowing myself to auto attack more than anything else (again sustained damage output over burst works better for me. Lightening whip ftw ). Often times I make them feel like I’m running away, giving them the impression that I’m trying to gather my health/thoughts/emotions/whatever, while looking backwards while running to anticipate when earthshaker is coming, because you know it ALWAYS does when your back is turned. Never fails. Then a quick lightening flash behind them, followed by updraft → ride the lightening → the kitchen sink

Not saying it’s perfect, just what has worked out best for me.

Also, a suggestion: if you have any guildies running these classes/builds ask them to spvp you a bunch. Practice definitely will pay off.

Fort Aspenwood – [BLNT]
IGN: Nax The (Pseudo|Gearhead|Paladin|Afk|Plague)

I can't win! D:

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Use lots of freezes on stun warriors. I pop my grenth elite and I can make stun warriors melt. It messes with their overall movement and the amout of stuns they can spam on you. As for sword/dagger thieves, their attack is pretty predictable. Pop a cc on them to avoid getting the full hit. Most likely they will try and use shadow return at that point. and that is all they do. Just pressure them hard and you will be fine.

Bad Elementalist

I can't win! D:

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

I cant win either. Im even get downed before i picked the Necro between all other 5 pets.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

I can't win! D:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Not much you can do after all the nerfs. Ele was and still is my favorite class despite how weak it is now. But in the state it’s in right now, its more of a “just for fun” class and not for any serious content. If I want to win against any opponent with half a brain, I just use warrior, or thief or guardian. Ele right now is sort of like Dan in Street Fighter. A joke character that you’d use to troll terrible opponents and make them look bad, but not worth using against anyone with any amount of skill who’s even half conscious. My advice is roll a thief, warrior, necro, and take advantage of how OP they are right now. Maybe when WvW is nothing but thieves and warriors and necros all using the same builds the devs will finally pull their heads out of their butts, man up, and admit they screwed up and fix it.

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)

I can't win! D:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

Use lots of freezes on stun warriors. I pop my grenth elite and I can make stun warriors melt. It messes with their overall movement and the amout of stuns they can spam on you. As for sword/dagger thieves, their attack is pretty predictable. Pop a cc on them to avoid getting the full hit. Most likely they will try and use shadow return at that point. and that is all they do. Just pressure them hard and you will be fine.

Lol, I see you’re enjoying the grenth elite. My fault?

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

I can't win! D:

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

hah I have this bad habit of not using my elites at all. Been popping that alot more. i notice a big difference. Wish it was 120s cd though

Bad Elementalist

I can't win! D:

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

The advice I always hear for fighting S/D thieves is to damage them and work the fight over to their last port position (if you remember where it was). This actually puts pressure on them as they rely on that port as a free get-out-jail-free card (b/c every thief needs those!). Besides that, there is another option:

I can't win! D:

in Elementalist

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

The advice I always hear for fighting S/D thieves is to damage them and work the fight over to their last port position (if you remember where it was). This actually puts pressure on them as they rely on that port as a free get-out-jail-free card (b/c every thief needs those!). Besides that, there is another option:

lol dat video!never gets old! “did they steal your puppy?”

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood