I don't get daggers on an Elementalist at all.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Trenith.1832

Trenith.1832

I mean, don’t get me wrong, the abilities are cool and all…

But being as squishy as I am, in what universe would I want to have to walk up to the Warrior to do my damage?

I need this explained to me.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MilkInBags.5136

MilkInBags.5136

Press V /char15

Isle of Janthir | Defenders of Heroism [Hero] | Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cynical.2097

Cynical.2097

I think they should have made it double pistols instead of double daggers. Makes a lot more sense.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Keran Lors.8560

Keran Lors.8560

D/D is an awesome combo. Works well in high level PvE, in sPvP and even in WvW when facing small groups or harassing.
I like to play it with almost permanent vigor, it makes things easier.

But it feels great to finally be able to fight in melee with a caster!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Omega.1346

Omega.1346

D/D is awesome… if you know how to kite. I only wish they would increase the damage to make it worth it….

in Elementalist

Posted by: BishopX.6453

BishopX.6453

I played it for a weekend, it was hilarious. you can actually hit TWO people with the whip at once if they are close.
I would think this would be very fun for pve to have a melee mage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lionhearted.7169

Lionhearted.7169

I’ve been using D/D for the last week and loving it, i wish air did more damage though so i’ve mainly been using it with fire.. alot of fun, i find staff boring.

in Elementalist

Posted by: JettySmurf.1805

JettySmurf.1805

I have been enjoying D/D a lot recently on my ele. I was a big staff user for such a long time, I have no idea why I didn’t play this combo more (actually, yes I do, I didn’t find any daggers for quite a while, lol).

Quick question about daggers – does the damage on the off-hand dagger have an impact on how hard you hit? Or is the off-hand mainly for stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lokai.7850

Lokai.7850

you assume that the daggers are melee range and they arent they have a nice midrange and have amazing mobility and some nice controls and debuffs. I love style of the daggers but i to wish i wasnt so darn squishie =\ i really wish signent of earth did more then it does…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thalfon.1269

Thalfon.1269

I enjoy D/D as well. It’s effective if you get used to the various rotations you have and play a dancing style with it. Air4 > Air5 > Earth5 > Earth4 > Earth2 > Water3 > Water2 against 1-3 closely positioned enemies, for instance. In WvW I sometimes switch to D/F though; it provides a bit better survivability with the Earth5 skill when harassing in my experience. You do lose Ride the Lightning though, which sucks, and there are no heals on the water attunement, so if you’re +Heal specced, D/F would be a bad idea.

Eredon Terrace – Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: CoolNitro.6490

CoolNitro.6490

I honestly don’t see the squishy factor everyone is talking about in PvE and I do some crazy things such as, charging into a large pack with fire 3 >fire4 > arcane wave > earth 4 earth 5 > earth 2 > dodge roll for earth 5. With that combo you end up with around 12 ish stacks of might and every mob in range wanting to kill you yet after the dodge roll I just kite a bit with air and water atonements then repeat.

If I can live long enough to basically stand still in fire for up to 3-4 seconds all the while dishing out mega damage then we are not as squishy as you think.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

in what universe would I want to have to walk up to the Warrior to do my damage?

I need this explained to me.

In a universe where you can conjure a lightning whip Seriously, that thing is freaking awesome, I want one IRL!

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

I honestly don’t see the squishy factor everyone is talking about in PvE

I don’t see it either, but that’s because MOBS are stupid, don’t dodge your CC, and walk right through your fields generally.

PvP however, now that’s a whole ’nother story…

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Quintal.6594

Quintal.6594

I love daggers in general PvE, but I have huge issues with them in explorables.

The random aoe/off-attacks that mobs do in explorable dungeons can very easily one shot a squishey dagger elementalist.

However this seems to be a problem with pretty much any close range weapon in explorables other than for guardian/warrior. Dagger thieves and greatsword rangers have the same issue. Heck, I’m even seeing a lot of warriors go gun/bow lately.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

I run dual daggers with a soldier’s amulet + jewel. 0/10/0/30/30 with triple cantrips.

It’s actually quite effective. Can’t duel a warrior, but just about everything else is fair game with effective play.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Morguean.6041

Morguean.6041

surprisingly I thought I was going to have a thematic problem with dagger/dagger…. but I actually like the idea of it… even if I havent fully gone dual daggers yet myself.. I still very much like the idea. I just prefer scepters attacks to dagger main hand attacks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ozirus.4859

Ozirus.4859

I just enjoy the constant movement. If you combo right you can keep yo-yo-ing to and from someone/something. The quick movements give the Elementalist a nimble feel, plus you can mix it for Scepter/Dagger and still have most of the movement with the added range.

in Elementalist

Posted by: elchulo.3148

elchulo.3148

What don’t you get? Just imagine a thief that has half the damage, half the evasion and half the survivability.