I'm search of a WvW/PvE Build because Budget

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dragonfeu.4356

Dragonfeu.4356

Hi,

I was wondering choosing between This Celestial Build versus This Valkyrie/Knights . The traits and sigils won’t be the same, but I’m hoping to have a set of armour that can be used for PvE/WvW ( any map ) without having to have sets to switch around from. I’m not too fussed about PvE dps and the like because no one really cares unless it’s a speed run or high level fractal so I’m more towards 75% WvW adapted, 25% PvE suited.

Any ideas? Which one would be better? Are there better sets I should be using? I don’t aim to be zerging a lot with a staff, but rather d/d doing objectives and the like.

Thanks for your time

in Elementalist

Dragonfeu.4356

Bump

/15charcters

in Elementalist

Dragonfeu.4356

Anyone? I’m open to other options, but i’m focused on a soloroaming dps build ( for killing players and camps, not just camps )

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Celestial can be used in either mode but is time consuming and expensive to make, knights/valkyrie would still be acceptable and be easier to make.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Elementalist

Dragonfeu.4356

I’m actually fine with spending tons of gold, I just want to have ONE set that’s good for WvW and can be accepted for PvE. I’m looking for DPS but also survivability. Celestials gives that, but no enough dps imo. Knights/Valk does, but there are cons that I can’t remember as of right now.

(edited by Dragonfeu.4356)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Hmm. Cele ele D/D is classic and good, when you can play it. So for D/D the first one.

I personally also like the second one but i would use Staff there with a hoelbrak (or strength) rune.

Maybe that way:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMICNOg9MAmMA8RgBCALKABgFgMJnAlgaNkGGDA-T1RGABAcBA4TJogq/EnOAkU+ZwDAAl9HCAgAszdGAO6RP6RP6Rbn78o78oHtQAlXAA-w

Arcane for more fast damage. Weakness is no stability and low condi cleanse but it has a bit toughness and vitality + dodge and shields just to live longer then the target.
Start with fire. Blow arcane blast and fire skills to get ferocity and might then rotate and kill the target. :-). You could even use arcane wave instead of cleansing flame for more might and damage. But this is more dangerous if you cant blow your target very fast. For that you can think about S/F which will give you burst, defence and control, but leave you with weak auto attacks and support. I have much fun using S/F in roaming and switch to staff in keep/tower/zerg combat.

This Fire/Air/Arcane is very good in PvE too. Just a bit less damage then full zerker.
Also you can use a zerker staff there, assassin or zerker is a matter of taste. Maybe zerker is a bit better.
And keep an eye on the food and oil. ;-).
Also using arcane shield is a matter of taste. I prefer it over AoE. Its a stun breaker that will block and damage with a blast finisher. No boon striping or conversion and a fast counter.

A funny option: Huge initial blast + large hp pool with -60% condi duration.
you do the crits with arcane power + inteligence sigil.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMIC1Mg9MAmMA8RgBCALKABgFgMJnAlgaNkGGDA-T1BHwAj1B8X9HDXAAAPAAhK/gqEs0+DBAQAu5NDAH9oH9oH9odzbe0be0jWGAmxA-w

The same using S/D(F) with fresh air should work well.

Greetings

Wolf

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

Dragonfeu.4356

Thanks

Staff isn’t my sort of thing while soloroaming but I’ll start running that build just too try and motivate myself. It looks insanely fun, and the second one looks pretty troll which suits me ;D

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

Better to obtain trinkes an more critical damage version.
This is S/D version usind fresh air + superspeed instead of bolt to the heart + ferocity.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMIC1Mg9MAmMA8RgBCALKABgFgMJ7AlgaNkGGDA-TViDABxpjoR1fc4BBAlyDXVCCgJOKugA+oEbm9HCAgAczbGYzbmje0je0je0u5NPaIDAzYA-w

I donĀ“t have the option to use ascended/legandary but i might try just for the fun crafting this in exotic :-). The Valk/soldiers build looks pretty funny. I personally run another troll. S/F condi build. I real like being diffrent and kill by surprise :-). It is much fun and realy works when evryone follows the meta train :-).

So if you like funy surprise builds enjoy. You will see the staff build is good PvE and WvW.

So finaly staff troll blaster: (For PvE change food to more power)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMIC1Mg9MAmMA8RgBCALKABgFgMJ7AlgaNkGGDA-TVSBAB6pjwS1fu4BBklyjEMxJhSwjUixz+DAcBBCAgAczbGYzbmje0je0je0u5NPaIDAzYA-w

Run in air, static on inc. Then run mainly fire. But you have to swap out for speed and when your arane skills are depleted. Start fire, swap earth and fast to air, go back fire when cooled. Also FsG is nice. More power and speed options giving more might while fire attuned.

For only using gold (karma for backpack) without ascended:
Should be cheap enough to try out. Guess about 100 gold total and 42.500 Karma.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMIC1Mg9MAmMA8RgBCALKABgFgMJ7AlgaNkGGDA-TFSBwAXeAAJM/lSHwRlfSUCyb/hcq/A4CAQGAmtA-w

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

Dragonfeu.4356

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYhcMoyhFOwzB0RMQAYUT4IMEiCQAIIWrhkYZA-TFTBAB3pCBN7PwlyA+0BMqqKopE8KlMdpUqjTAQlqFgoWAAeAABAQAuZdGADdoDdoFa38m38m38mlCgJlRA-w

How’s this? It’s got everything you need … power, toughness, vitality, crit, crit damage.

I’m hesitant between Cavalier’s Back vs Knights back, but everything else is pretty much optimised.

in Elementalist

Dragonfeu.4356

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYhcMoyhFOwzB0RMQAYUT4IMEiCQAIIWrhkYZA-T1SBAB3pCBkKBpZ/BuUOxnOgRVV5KlMdcCAqUtAE1CAwDAIAACwNrzAYoDdoDtQ7m38m38m3sUAMpMC-w

I think this might have higher dps ( switched out cavaliers for knights ) I’m sick, my mind is befuzzled; is the way you see the modifier of your crit chance ( eg, 20 % crit at 200% damage = 10% modifier ) is crit *crit damage/100, right? If so, the second build has maybe 2-3 % more damage, if the crit chance hits EVERY second attack ( for 50% crit ) and not rng. I’m not sure whether I should trust statistics or rng, technically , the second one is better, but practically, having consistent crits that correlate with crit chance never happens

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

with daggers when you start mixing, take full clelestial ;-).
I personally are not a fan of ferocity when you mix stats. It is used in full zerker/assasin builds, some special builds that use traits/skills for krits and full celestial. At least i think that way. Also if i want to do crits i always target 50% crit chance without ferocity. Thats why i prefer knights/rabid and for hybrid damage rampager.