I thought after the RtL nerfs...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

D/F would take over, but it seems that most people still label focus as trash (now more than ever, because SW doesn’t block treb shots anymore).

Why is that? D/D is useless atm in my opinion.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

No d/d is far from useless.It has the highest chill uptime,highest number off cc ,highest mobility,aura share whih is strong and the most controllable burst out of all weaponsets.IT HAS NO FILLER SPELLS!!!!!!
Its by far the most complete weaponset we have with only downside being the exclusive close range.
Well d/d even has defence against projectiles (lol maybe i shouldnt tell this here but its not like any dev is reading the ele forum,right? )

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

d/d strong aspect was RtL, and now with RtL almost permanently down and with its range nerfed (“bug fix”) I find no reason to use an off hand dagger anymore.

Level 60 pvp

in Elementalist

Avead.5760

d/d strong aspect was RtL, and now with RtL almost permanently down and with its range nerfed (“bug fix”) I find no reason to use an off hand dagger anymore.

Maybe the fact that the only alternative is focus should be enough to use dagger offhand
Focus completly kills your damage.The fire spells and water spells are so bad that imo wouldnt matter if earth 5 could make you invulnerable for 10000 years.
Thats for solo play .Of course you can find use for it in a team scenario but then people prefer s/d bursy and d/d aurashare more because they are not just situational good like is focus ele

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

Well ok, you lose a little damage, but you gain very useful utility spells.

Level 60 pvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Erdem.8956

Erdem.8956

Focus completly kills your damage.The fire spells and water spells are so bad that imo wouldnt matter if earth 5 could make you invulnerable for 10000 years.

I would use it! Immortal Elementalist here I come! ANet please make this happen, I wanna be invulnerable for 10.000 years.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

D/D is still good. Even after the nerf, RtL is still a strong skill. I’m not going to say the Focus is bad but it’s more situational.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

After using the Focus a bit, I think the largest problems with focus are:
1.) It is a defensive weapon, but doesn’t heal anywhere. Our primary defense/survival is healing. The damage mitigation in earth is quite good, but its much more reasonable to pop a heal as we soak damage than try to time an immune ahead of time.
2.) fire on the focus is lackluster.
3.) The regular d/d bunker already has really poor damage, but giving up off-hand dagger trades a huge part of your damage in exchange for better performance against ranged attackers, and pvp ranged isn’t too deadly to close the gap.
4.) The scepter is wholly inadequate at range, with only air-1 doing appreciable damage in any way that actually hits anything. The focus really wants to be kept at range, as it is strongest at mitigating ranged damage and keeping a single opponent away.
5.) A lot of focus’s abilities are straight-up downgrades to the dagger, (gale<updraft, flamewall<ring of fire) or stuck with single-targeting rather than aoe (both water abilities).

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

i know you people just talk of pvp (that game mode played by the 1% -.-) but i ll spare a word for PvE.

In PvE focus was decent pre patch….it got a nerf to swirling wind comparable to rtl nerf if not worse.

Now it doesn t stop most boss Attacks….and with mob buff, dps is even more a necessity.

So if before patch i used focus often i rarely do it now :| all that is left is earth 5 and its not enough

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Without weapon swap on an Ele the focus will not see much use because it is only useful in very niche situations. However, most of the time the focus OH will not allow you to solve a lot of problems that you might run into as an Ele in the open field (WvW) and sPvP or solo queue tPvP. Dagger OH gives more than just mobility through RTL it gives a lot of control, defensive abilities, and burst damage. Burst from Fire 5 and Earth 5. Control from Updraft, Earthquake, and Ring of Fire. Defense from Cleansing Wave, control abilities, and Frost Aura (-10% dmg along with chill).

Focus OH first off lacks mobility. The fire skills are very lackluster with Fire Shield being one of the weakest aura out of the 4 possible ones. Flame wall isn’t that great compared to Ring of Fire on the Dagger OH since you are melee and having something close to you with a bigger radius allows you to do more things with it (might stack, leap, point control, etc). Water is pretty decent with the update. However, an extra chill I find does not help since you already have a chill on your Dagger MH so I would rather have something that is more defensive (frost armor) or damage. The Water 5 ability is good since the speed was increased a few patches ago and it is also a blast finisher. However, the focus lacks a good sized radius based field which allows you to easily drop it for might stacks or something. Air is bad due to the high cooldowns and it isn’t useful compared to what a Dagger OH gives you. Updraft is aoe, gives swiftness, and is a lower CD than Gale. The range on Gale is nice but as a Dagger MH you would have to gap close at range anyhow in order to be in range to do damage. And if the enemy is close enough the Dagger MH has an advantage with AoE based control (updraft, earthquake, ring of fire). Earth on the focus is good but I find that the invul on earth 5 isn’t that useful because the weapon lacks something like damage to make it useful.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

With Focus off hand, u miss on the VERY NICE burst healing and Condition Cleans, CLeansing Water. Plus Focus has so many USELESS SKILL.. Flame Wall,Flame Aura Comet are the example.Focus is good when you have a teammate with you. You control, other deal Dams and they are not FOCUS on you. If there is no one with you, Focus deal not enough dams to pressure other party.

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

(edited by Stealth.9324)

in Elementalist

Blaine Tog.8304

i know you people just talk of pvp (that game mode played by the 1% -.-) but i ll spare a word for PvE.

In PvE focus was decent pre patch….it got a nerf to swirling wind comparable to rtl nerf if not worse.

Now it doesn t stop most boss Attacks….and with mob buff, dps is even more a necessity.

So if before patch i used focus often i rarely do it now :| all that is left is earth 5 and its not enough

It’s really annoying how much bosses are immune to. It makes so many specs frustrating to play whenever you run into a boss.

The focus just needs….. something. Fire needs a straight rework and the other attunements need some love too. It would also help if the Scepter and main-hand dagger had better damage on their own. I just find it takes so darn long to kill anything when you have a focus equipped.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

I don’t know what you see in the focus.

The dagger provides insane burst damage: (Blazing Speed + Fire Grab, Lightning Flash + Churning Earth); a fire field, a 1200 range gap closer/escape tool and 3 crowd control abilities: (2 AoE knockdowns and an aura chill).

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

You are right, it is useless on the whole, but incredibly useful when it does have an application. For instance, go to southsun cove and compare killing a karka with focus (reflect their spit attack and they basically kill themselves) vs. killing one with a dagger offhand. In other situations, where ranged damage management or reflection isn’t as mandatory, the focus performs quite poorly. Still, it does have situational uses in some endgame content where damage mitigation is key.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

Well d/d even has defence against projectiles (lol maybe i shouldnt tell this here but its not like any dev is reading the ele forum,right? )

coming here after reading the patch notes; this made me laugh

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Elementalist

Avead.5760

It still has!It just cant block treb shots now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

It still has!It just cant block treb shots now.

o.o wow…

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

You are right, it is useless on the whole, but incredibly useful when it does have an application. For instance, go to southsun cove and compare killing a karka with focus (reflect their spit attack and they basically kill themselves) vs. killing one with a dagger offhand. In other situations, where ranged damage management or reflection isn’t as mandatory, the focus performs quite poorly. Still, it does have situational uses in some endgame content where damage mitigation is key.

My damage mitigation investments are in toughness, vitality, mist form, lightning flash and dodge. I need my weapons to deal damage and crowd control.

The damage mitigation on the focus isn’t even that good. If they were better I might select different utilities and make different stat choices to augment my offensive output.

in Elementalist

Stealth.9324

Why restricted yourself with a VERY situational set while you could be more diverse??

Talk about RtL, I was downed yesterday by BS after I RtL. No immobilise, no poison, yet Thief able to catch up with me 1200 range after ,in stealth and BS me???

(edited by Stealth.9324)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Why restricted yourself with a VERY situational set while you could be more diverse??

Talk about RtL, I was downed yesterday by BS after I RtL. No immobilise, no poison, yet Thief able to catch up with me 1200 range after ,in stealth and BS me???

No shock there, they could do it before the stupid nerf with ease.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Elementalist

Stealth.9324

No shock there, they could do it before the stupid nerf with ease.

And Anet labeled the skill OP and need a nerf…….kitten ..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Truebanana.5936

Truebanana.5936

They wont nerf something that nobody is using ^^

Truebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist on Augury Rock
Dolcebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist twink lvl 60 on Augury Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xj7suly_U

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I thought so too, but then they decided to nerf focus as well by introducing more unblockable projectiles. It’s definitely not going to get used in WvW because it’s not very mobile and people generally don’t use defensive weapons against zergs. It’s still okay for fighting for a point in pvp though imo, but weak on damage in exchange for better snares.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

D/F is not going to replace D/D or any other combo until they change Flamewall and a few other skills. Even IF they changed the lackluster skills that drags it down, I don’t see it taking over. Hopefully they will make alterations so that it will be used more often.

RTL might be nerfed, but D/D has by far the best play flow, making it most satisfying to play.

S/D (or S/F) for instance has an awful flow, because you have a strange combo of slow ground target skills, instant cast skills, slow and quick auto attacks (switching between condition and burst focus) and a slow cast protective skill (Rock Barrier). Several of the skills not being worth casting in the heat of the moment, if under pressure (Shatterstone and Dust Devil). Not to mention the combination of S/F, which leaves you with barely any offensive attacks in earth attunement.

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

invulnerabilty and reflects..

i.e. what makes guardian OP in PvE…..infact they nerfed it for most classes except guardian.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Miiro.3124

Miiro.3124

if you cant win without rtl then you dont deserve the win in the first place.

[SAV] Miiro 80 Ranger
Jade Quarry Champion Hunter
Solo/Small man WvW

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

Running away = winning now?

old RtL didn’t help me winning any straightforward duel at all. Perhaps you mean escaping?

if you cant escape without rtl then you dont deserve the escape in the first place.

okay… that still doesn’t make sense.

halp

Level 60 pvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ozymandias.5704

Ozymandias.5704

D/D is still good. Even after the nerf, RtL is still a strong skill. I’m not going to say the Focus is bad but it’s more situational.

I dunno, RTL is pretty bad now. Even when using it as a gap closer, one only often need to get ‘close enough’ in order to have a successful gap closer, but then you do not hit the enemy and the timer is 40 seconds. It is one of the, if not the longest, cool down gap closers in the game. 20 seconds was hardly game breaking (I think 15 seconds was OK for that matter, although it is more arguable), it was simply on par with other gap closers. Now we need to use utility for more reliable gap closers. I base this on my experience in WvW and PvE, PvP might be different, but that is why we got skill splits in the first place…

That said D/D is still pretty awesome, the build was not built around RTL. RTL was simply very nice to have in addition.

It steam engines when it comes steam engine time.
- Charles Fort

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Great statement without ant sort of logic behind it and without any explnation.

Oh but it sounds well so it should be true.

Removing best gap closer from the ONLY class locked in short range is how you actually destroy a weaponset.

Its really easy to avoid rtl thus it has to be considered 40 sec CD.

This is if you actually want to kill stuff.
If your purpose is dancing in a little square (see PvP) or duel its a different thing….

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

CuRtoKy.8576

I think the point is that RTL should now be thought of only as an escape since it isn’t a good reliable gap closer and that some players actually viewed RTL in this way so the nerf didn’t have a huge effect. Although, these same players including myself did abuse RTL with its low CD.

in Elementalist

Miiro.3124

Running away = winning now?

old RtL didn’t help me winning any straightforward duel at all. Perhaps you mean escaping?

if you cant escape without rtl then you dont deserve the escape in the first place.

okay… that still doesn’t make sense.

Over analyzation is probably stopping you from understanding my point. But you can read too much into it if you want

halp

[SAV] Miiro 80 Ranger
Solo/Small man WvW

in Elementalist

Miiro.3124

Removing best gap closer from the ONLY class locked in short range is how you actually destroy a weaponset.

If your purpose is dancing in a little square (see PvP) or duel its a different thing….

Its easy to avoid a lot of things, doesn’t mean you can’t win. But you can use the excuse all you want and over exaggerate.

[SAV] Miiro 80 Ranger
Solo/Small man WvW

in Elementalist

Blaine Tog.8304

I dunno, RTL is pretty bad now.

I disagree. The cooldown may be a bit long, but I actually prefer the short range. It makes the skill feel more controlled and it doesn’t bug out and root me in place near the end anywhere near as much.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I dunno, RTL is pretty bad now. Even when using it as a gap closer, one only often need to get ‘close enough’ in order to have a successful gap closer, but then you do not hit the enemy and the timer is 40 seconds. It is one of the, if not the longest, cool down gap closers in the game. 20 seconds was hardly game breaking (I think 15 seconds was OK for that matter, although it is more arguable), it was simply on par with other gap closers. Now we need to use utility for more reliable gap closers. I base this on my experience in WvW and PvE, PvP might be different, but that is why we got skill splits in the first place…

That said D/D is still pretty awesome, the build was not built around RTL. RTL was simply very nice to have in addition.

A warriors bull charge and its 40 sec cd wave hello!
Shadow Step and its 50 sec cd say hello, Steal says hello.
Mesmers Blink and its 30 sec cd say hi.

Most of these gap closers/escape skills are utilities RTL is a weapon skill. So in line with that would be Rush at 20 secs, Swoop at 12, as a gap closer you could put it in line with those skills as they are all easy to dodge as an escape RTL is on par with utility escapes having long cooldowns.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Its easy to avoid a lot of things, doesn’t mean you can’t win. But you can use the excuse all you want and over exaggerate.

in short you can’t chase most classes.

You can ’t even finish a fleeing foe because you are locked in short range with a low-average mobility.

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Avead.5760

in short you can’t chase most classes.

You can ’t even finish a fleeing foe because you are locked in short range with a low-average mobility.

I miss old rtl as much as the next ele :P but you just underestimate the tools d/d cantrips has to stuck with the target.
1)12 sec cd root that can be used as a good mobility skill on a 6 sec time window
2)blink
3)cripple..more than enough with evasive arcana in the mix
4)CHILL
A d/d ele with sigil of hydromancy and a few +duration or chill runes assuming that enemy lands a few hits on your frost aura has an amazing chill uptime even if he cleanses it acouple of times.Plus you get a quick cover with water auto,fire 2, earth 2,air 2 ..lol so many condies you can cover it with its not even fun.

Try this to see how powerfull chill is.Fight an ele 1vs1 and apply chill immediately after he leaves water.If he has cleanse cantrip on use frost aura.Also for max trolling use both water elem and blast through their ice fields as well as earth 3.
Then lay back and have the easiest duel of your life as his sustain is destroyed cause chill affects att cd :P

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

Let’s not let this forum become like the Thief one (cough stealth trap complaints cough) with us whining over every single change and exaggerating every weakness.

The RTL nerf was pretty big – it is a 100% increase after all, but to say that we don’t have any chasing power now is not true at all.

We don’t have the best chasing/escaping ability, of course. However, D/D still has three gap closers (and Lightning Flash as a potential fourth) on shortish cooldowns.

Burning Speed and Magnetic Grasp have ~15s CD and have decent range. D/D still has immobilize, cripple, chill, knockdown, and lots of condition cleanses.

Simply comparing the Ele to Warriors and Thieves isn’t a good idea – there are 5 other classes too.

Now I don’t have a Necro or Ranger (at 80), so I won’t speak for them, but for the other three – Guardians, Mesmers, and Engineers, we are still much better at chasing than any of them could ever be.

In my experience, escaping a fight on the Ele is also much easier than on the three above classes (okay I suck at playing a Mesmer, which might skew it a bit).

Personally, I feel that having such powerful escape abilities (old RTL) in comparison to classes who don’t even have a teleport (Engineer, where Jump Shot is slower than walking :/) was a bit ridiculous.

I still feel ridiculous on my Thief, being able to run away from anything in WvW (really, anything), but if this one class needs balancing, it doesn’t mean everyone else should say “oh he is better than me we automatically suck”

TLDR: Don’t exaggerate – it just makes you less credible.

Edit: I don’t usually sPvP so this is all from the perspective of a WvW player, where escaping ability = good at roaming, and chasing power is invaluable.

(edited by Sunflowers.1729)

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

You are right i need to be more clear:
In WWW you can t chase almost any decent player.

Nor you can escape.

D/D is a roaming profession that lost roaming capabilities.

Differently from any other profession/build it was the only stcuk by design in a single role…and now even that role is gone…

As Always not by intended design but as the usual collateral damage from short sighted PvP Patches.

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Sunflowers.1729

Nor you can escape.

No, that’s what I tried to say in the earlier post. We can chase decent players – 3 gap closers is quite a lot – just not as well as a Thief does. It doesn’t mean we suck though.

(I don’t have a Warrior so no comment there)

We can also escape pretty well. Again, not as well as a Thief (Warrior..? Not sure) but compared to most other people it’s pretty good.

We are actually pretty high on the totem pole of roaming, and except for Thieves (stupidly good at roaming) are comparable/better than most other professions.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SharadSun.3089

SharadSun.3089

Elementalist was not meant to be a roaming profession. They were meant to be the versatile, glassy damage dealers; i.e., mages. Being able to 900-range gapclose three times and completely shut down any opponent without stability AND having that much spike damage AND survivability makes the Elementalist, in many players’ opinions, the single most powerful class.

Now, that may not be true. But they can deal lots of damage, be practically anywhere as long as there’s a target to powerslide towards, and survive essentially any situation while winning a fair. I’m primarily a tournament PvP player and I suppose this might be biased, but I hear the exact same from everyone I know in PvE and WvW, even the elementalists themselves.

I mained elementalist since Beta, and deleted it after it stopped being fun, but I really want to play a balanced class and help diversity in this game.

Faolain Mag Aoidh / Diarmuidh
Leader of Thunderguard
Tarnished Coast Representative, Mist League

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Nor you can escape.

Differently from any other profession/build it was the only stcuk by design in a single role…and now even that role is gone…

As Always not by intended design but as the usual collateral damage from short sighted PvP Patches.

You can chase and catch anyone decent or not. If they see D/D ele and come to kill you while at the same time blowing important cooldowns then you should be able to catch them easily.

90% of fights in WvW usually come down to heal. You know when you engage a player they will attempt to heal at least 1 time. After the heal is when the point of no return nears. No matter the class you should be able to see the window when you want to apply your immobs, stuns, dots, chills, etc… because you know they are about to bail. Closing out and killing someone is just as important being able to recognize different classes opening burst.

Many encounters with other classes usually have a exit flow to them. A warrior with axe/shield and gs we all know a 100bs attempt will be in there, a shield bash and evis attempt possibly bull charge after that and a heal its whirlwind time outta there at around 50% hp. Thats just 1 example but thieves, mesmers, there is usually a pattern you can see when they are going to try to bail.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

welp keep using your useless D/D I guess.

D/D was only viable because of RtL

Level 60 pvp

in Elementalist

CuRtoKy.8576

welp keep using your useless D/D I guess.

D/D was only viable because of RtL

Nice explanation really. The only alternative for Dagger MH is D/F and why is that good? Mind explaining that over say D/D besides OMG RTL or RTL nerf as many have pointed out RTL can still be used as an escape as before and RTL isn’t the only thing of value on the Dagger OH.

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

d/d elementalist is a squishy low range class.

his bunkering, glass or any d/d build available remained powerful because of its mobility (RtL).

take the mobility away, what do you have left?

inb4 “RtL is still good”

Level 60 pvp

(edited by Razor.6392)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

Elementalist was not meant to be a roaming profession. They were meant to be the versatile, glassy damage dealers; i.e., mages. Being able to 900-range gapclose three times and completely shut down any opponent without stability AND having that much spike damage AND survivability makes the Elementalist, in many players’ opinions, the single most powerful class.

Now, that may not be true.

You contradict your own argument and expect credibility? The arguments above are very poor, and not based on evidence.

The build that caused the issue was the bunker build, which had/has very low damage compared to any other profession. The hardest hitting ability is a 3.25 sec cast time AoE that is hugely telegraphed and easily avoidable, not to mention low damage.

The only way for an Ele to have damage that is an actual threat is to build very glassy, which means high attunement CDs, no survivability, and the damage is STILL subpar to many other builds on various professions.

The misconception of Ele OPness is based on two factors:

1. Bunker builds holding points in PvP, which is a function of survivability, not damage. Guardians always did it better, but I guess the idea of a clothie being a tank is anathema to other players. If a player builds a profession to be a tank, the community says he shouldn’t have that option, and it gets nerfed? WTF. Why even have toughness, healing power and vitality on the Ele at all then, if bunker is not supposed to be viable?

2. The 0/10/0/30/30 builds in full exotics and ascended gear pwning scrubs and uplevels in WvWvW, making videos of said slaughter, and then the community believing that what is actually taking place is between equally geared and skilled players, leading to the misconception of the Ele being OP.

2b. Player’s opinions. People are always looking for the path of least resistance. When a profession like the Ele, built to survive and bunker comes along, it certainly takes away the ability for whiny tweens to get their free kills and stroke their kittens. Whenever I read comments about Ele’s being OP, it always is in that voice of the teenage kid playing Counter Strike while bunny hopping with the AWP and using aimbot saying over chat, “ITS A LEGITIMATE STRATEGY!” Just because a lot of people, who are not very smart, all get together and agree that they’re right, does not make it right. An argument from authority or popularity is one of the most basic logical fallacies, and people who cite this as their reasoning usually lack critical thought processes and certainly have no idea what they’re talking about.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gaidax.7835

Gaidax.7835

You guys crack me up, most of the professions and specs can’t even touch you on mobility…

Really… All that nerf did is actually give a chance for my Mesmer to actually catch you in WvW when you get in over your head and that is only because I have 1200 range cripple and stun and not because I have some superior mobility. Really, all my mobility is based on 900 range blink and swiftness from runes and many others have it just as bad.

You need a reality check here – you are still one of the more mobile professions out there, it’s just not on the ridiculous level at that anymore.

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

his bunkering, glass or any d/d build available remained powerful because of its mobility (RtL).

inb4 “RtL is still good”

Bunkering is not powerful because of mobility rofl. If that was the case then thieves would be the best bunkers in the game and guardians would be one of the worst.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

inb4 “RtL is still good”

Bunkering is not powerful because of mobility rofl. If that was the case then thieves would be the best bunkers in the game and guardians would be one of the worst.

Unkillable + getting away with ease (as opposed to guardians) was one huge reason why it was nerfed.

Also I love how you address the part of d/d glass eles getting butchered.

Level 60 pvp

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

inb4 “RtL is still good”

Unkillable + getting away with ease (as opposed to guardians) was one huge reason why it was nerfed.

Also I love how you address the part of d/d glass eles getting butchered.

disinformation akittens best…..
i m tired of saying the same thing and linking the same dev post…..

For the rest….
i can run from a D/D ele….
Without many problems even with a mesmer.

Is this better?

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Sunflowers.1729

For the rest….
i can run from a D/D ele….
Without many problems even with a mesmer.

Is this better?

That’s not really true, there are a lot of people that can’t run from a D/D Ele.

-Guardians (a bit debatable if they use S/F + GS + Judge’s Intervention)
-Engineers
-Necros – I don’t have one so not sure about this, but they usually seem really slow.
-Mesmers, from personal experience. I’m a terrible Mesmer so don’t quote me on this!
-Anyone that hasn’t built for roaming (okay this is a bit biased, because D/D is the Ele build for roaming and is average-ish elsewhere)

This leaves Thieves, Warriors, and Rangers who can get away. Not an unreasonable amount (somebody has to be the best, and right now Thieves are). Again, and I can’t stress this enough, exaggerating isn’t the way to get your point across.

Take a look at the Thief forums and how much they like to exaggerate and blow everything way out of proportion. It’s really not a good thing to be like that.

TLDR: D/D Ele is still good for roaming, even after the nerfs. It’s not the best, but it’s still not bad.