I used to love it

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

when elementalists were considered a rare and skilled class…. nowdays they are everywhere, not fun.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azrael.1408

Azrael.1408

haha… it still requires skill, reflexes and situational awareness.. people are just trying new alts lol. And I personally see other classes more often. Your argument is invalid unless trolling.

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

Most eles I see are insanely bad. You can clearly tell the people who main the class from the beginning from thos just trying it out / trying to go with the apparent FOTM.

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: SecondtoNone.7549

SecondtoNone.7549

Agreed. But at least you can tell the difference between the nubs and the ones who’ve been playing ele for a long time. Duels against good eles take a longg time. Duels against bad eles go pretty quickly.

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Bunzy.8674

Agreed. But at least you can tell the difference between the nubs and the ones who’ve been playing ele for a long time. Duels against good eles take a longg time. Duels against bad eles go pretty quickly.

duels against all eles are a long time.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

“I was into eles when they weren´t mainstream, now they are ruined.”
The woe is you.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: amiable.4823

amiable.4823

I’m a new (noob) elementalist. I bailed on my level 80 engineer because Anet has zero clue about what to do with that class and I wanted to play one of the “non-broken” classes. since thieves seemed like pure cheese and mesmers are everywhere I decided on elementalists. I have to say, coming from Engineer, Elementalist is a terrific class, but has a pretty steep learning curve. But if you are already familiar with kit switching, attunement switching isn’t that huge of a jump.

Aliquot Love – Engineer
Gable Thorn – Elementalist
Shining in Darkness – Warrior – Mag

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I used to hate it. Lots of my friends and guildies made an Elementalist as their first char, it was hard to be different, although I started from level 5 to play D/D at a time most Elementalists I knew were saying that “Staff is the only way to go”, I alternated between D/D and S/D until I hit 80 then solely D/D. So I could look different, I remember doing dungeons with at least 3 Elementalists with 2-3 staff eles and me only as D/D, oh the good old times
Then lots and lots of those who started as Eles gave up, they found the easy-mode of Guardians/Warriors mostly, now the most widely used prof among the people I know is the Guardian.
So my experience, at least in PVE was very different from the OP. Now in sPVP it is completely different, Elementalists for a very long time were super rare, I think a month (maybe a bit more?) ago they started becoming more and more common.

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

The great thing about ele’s is the weapons all play so differently. I’ve fallen back in love with D/D. All I will do for sieges now is swap in frost bow, otherwise I dont touch the staff which I used to swap out constantly.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

I find it so hilarious that Ele has become a FOTM class.

I mean, for MONTHS all people did on this board was whine how UP Ele’s were, and how any other class in the game would just destroy an Ele 1v1. And now, all of a sudden, everyone is playing Ele, and there are even complaints about them being OP lol.

And the craziest thing? Not much even changed balance-wise. I mean, we got the RTL fix, ring of earth buff, EA nerf and partial restoration, and some other things…but nothing really changed at the heart of the class or its “OP build.”

I guess it just goes to show you that this game has a higher “L2P curve” than others do. Build and equipment can literally make or break your class’ effectiveness.

It’s actually got me thinking about trying other “UP” classes like Engy to see if I can find a build that rocks, and then have everyone saying Engy is OP in like 2 months when others catch on lol.

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: amiable.4823

amiable.4823

It’s actually got me thinking about trying other “UP” classes like Engy to see if I can find a build that rocks, and then have everyone saying Engy is OP in like 2 months when others catch on lol.

Please do, if you can find an engy build that works I would love to go back.

Aliquot Love – Engineer
Gable Thorn – Elementalist
Shining in Darkness – Warrior – Mag

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArcticRed.3068

ArcticRed.3068

I wouldn’t say it is a FOTM class.
I have a lvl80 thief, mesmer, guardian and warrior. Im in the process of lvl’ing an Ele (lvl61 atm). And i can say without a shadow of a doubt that the classes i see while im questing are 60% ranger and the rest thief or guardian.

It is extremely rare to see another Ele leveling up.

I used to love it

in Elementalist

ArcticRed.3068

when elementalists were considered a rare and skilled class…. nowdays they are everywhere, not fun.

I find your thought process rather funny.
When was Elementalist considered a rare and skilled class? I live in WvW and there are always 100 Eles AoE’ing keeps lol… hardly rare or skilled.

Lately i will admit that most have given up their staffs for D/D, and most suck at it. But they will get better.

Lol @ you for thinking you where rare or skilled for playing they class

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

When was Elementalist considered a rare and skilled class? I live in WvW and there are always 100 Eles AoE’ing keeps lol… hardly rare or skilled.

Lately i will admit that most have given up their staffs for D/D, and most suck at it. But they will get better.

LOL @ you if you think ele is anything else then the most complex class in the game. Even the devs said it has the highest skillcap by design. And WVW isn’t pvp, it’s a zerg. It doesn’t count for anything.

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

LOL @ you if you think ele is anything else then the most complex class in the game. Even the devs said it has the highest skillcap by design. And WVW isn’t pvp, it’s a zerg. It doesn’t count for anything.

Tell you the honest truth, I do not find D/D that difficult to play. Now maybe this is just because I have been doing it for a long time…but it really seems like the “difficulty” of playing D/D is all wrapped up in learning your skills. Once you know where they are, it really isn’t that bad.

MOST of the time, you will be doing the following in WvW:

1. RTL → Updraft → Shocking aura → Fire attunement

2. BS → RoF → Drake’s Breath → Fire Grab → Earth Attunement

3. Earthquake → RoE → Churning Earth → Lightning flash before it detonates → Water Attunement

4. Heal → Chill → Air Attunement

That is the “basic” rotation…obviously, you cannot do this over and over again. But once you know how to do that, and you know what your skills do, it’s not like it takes a rocket scientist to fill in the blanks.

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

I used to love it

in Elementalist

ArcticRed.3068

The most complex purely from the standpoint of having the most keybinds… that is if you live in the 1990’s. If you play with a gaming mouse or gaming keyboard then the only thing that remains challenging is the fact that you have 4 attunements to cycle through. While other classes only have 2 (engineer excluded).

Anyone with a gaming mouse, a couple of weeks of practise and an IQ higher than their footprint will find that the skill level needed to play Ele once muscle memory is learned is on par with all the other classes barring Thief… Thief is ludicrously easy to play.

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: Albane.8367

Albane.8367

Hipster Elementalist played Ele before they were considered OP.

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

@Albane… lol, that’s going to be my my new quote in my sig

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

Anyone with a gaming mouse, a couple of weeks of practise and an IQ higher than their footprint will find that the skill level needed to play Ele once muscle memory is learned is on par with all the other classes barring Thief… Thief is ludicrously easy to play.

Anyone with an IQ higher than their footprint knows 10finger typing and is therefore able to press more than 4 different buttons.

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

what if they only have 4 fingers?

I used to love it

in Elementalist

ArcticRed.3068

Anyone with an IQ higher than their footprint knows 10finger typing and is therefore able to press more than 4 different buttons.

You play ur mouse with ur third hand? 0-o

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: doublecup.5469

doublecup.5469

Seriously, where is Virtual Reality? I’m tired of using a mouse and keyboard. I want to use my hands to swing my virtual sword!

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zilm.8459

Zilm.8459

So your QQ’ing that you would have to duel in what is the most challenging dueling situation?

Zed Trufar, Mesmer
Zaine Trufar, Thief
Yak’s Bend, Knights and Heroes Guild [Beer]

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tarvok.4206

Tarvok.4206

what if they only have 4 fingers?

I knew a girl like that once.

Seriously, where is Virtual Reality? I’m tired of using a mouse and keyboard. I want to use my hands to swing my virtual sword!

Are you watching Sword Art Online? Be careful what you wish for.

Tell you the honest truth, I do not find D/D that difficult to play. Now maybe this is just because I have been doing it for a long time…but it really seems like the “difficulty” of playing D/D is all wrapped up in learning your skills. Once you know where they are, it really isn’t that bad.

The difficulty with Elementalist is that the process of learning the skills takes time, and until you have done so, the elementalist feels incredibly underpowered. It’s a bit of a hurdle for the kids who, upon failing to pwn right out of the box, put it right back in and switch to something easier.

It also obviously took the community in general a while to figure out how to use the class. I started playing GW2 at the very tail end of the period where everyone was whining about how underpowered the class was, and was rather amused by the change I observed as a few innovative individuals popularized some very effective builds and tactics.

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

I used to love it

in Elementalist

ArcticRed.3068

Erm…. yeah.
So what do u use for ur mouse if ur 10 finger typing?

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

Are you kitten or do you just play one? The 10 finger typing system means your hand rests on ASDF and you’ll be able to reach 50% of the keyboard without looking at it kitten

CANNOT FACEPALM HARD ENOUGH.

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Need more eles plz, specially D/D, so easy to kill.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Bunzy.8674

So your QQ’ing that you would have to duel in what is the most challenging dueling situation?

Duels with other D/D eles never end, you are better off walking away. I can literally spam /dance and not die.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Bunzy.8674

I mean, for MONTHS all people did on this board was whine how UP Ele’s were, and how any other class in the game would just destroy an Ele 1v1. And now, all of a sudden, everyone is playing Ele, and there are even complaints about them being OP lol.

And the craziest thing? Not much even changed balance-wise. I mean, we got the RTL fix, ring of earth buff, EA nerf and partial restoration, and some other things…but nothing really changed at the heart of the class or its “OP build.”

I guess it just goes to show you that this game has a higher “L2P curve” than others do. Build and equipment can literally make or break your class’ effectiveness.

I will tell you what happened.

dapheonix’s thread that never dies.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

I am also annoyed with all the FOTM eles, but it is fun to fight them. They use the exact same combos over and over.. I can read them like a book. Some eles I come across I can destroy in seconds others (usually running daphoenix’s tank build) are pretty tough to kill, even the FOTM ones. In these fights it always depends who gets back up first, they usually win.

So I can understand Bunzy somewhat, but there is some good to the FOTM eles. Because there are so many, people are starting to learn how to counter us and we are slowly becoming less “OP” because people know how to deal with us, which is great for 2 reasons. The kittenty FOTM eles will go back to their mains or the next FOTM, And us original eles are forced to change up our methods, coming up with new builds and finding usefulness for skills/traits that were over looked before.

One thing I love about this game so far is how much the gameplay keeps evolving. Remember when 100b warriors were all the rage? or Eles were laughed at, remember when hardly anyone used to play thieves?

I love how I have to constantly change the way I play my ele to keep up with all the new ways enemies counter us.

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: blasius.4723

blasius.4723

Puandro.3245

Need more eles plz, specially D/D, so easy to kill.

hi puandro,
b4 ele dd shining now,…i saw ur vid in youtube and really inspired me alot,…then i saw daphoenix post…
thanks for sharing with us

Sea of Sorrow : since day 1 – my home land
Bone(engi80)-Taran(thief80)-Clea(ele80)-Enci(guard80)-Mina (mesmer80)

I used to love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

Lol. I liked it when Mesmers were the least played class when arenanet released the stats a month after release.

Illucéption – Mesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym