I want to clear out something about the Ele.

in Elementalist

Posted by: darkcool.8615

darkcool.8615

Ok, so i want to clear out something, 90% of the post in this section are about the elementalist being less ’’powerfull’’ then the other class.

So many people say: I get kill in 2 hit ! Elementalist are too weak !

-Personnaly, i never had problem with survability.

Other people say: Elementalist are unbalanced.

-I have 500 hours on my ele, i’ve done 100% on my own, done almost all of the exploration archievement and never saw anything unbalanced in my ele.

So what i think is the problem is that people that complain about the ele have either not played it long enough, didn’t play it at all or just don’t know how to play it properly. Arena net said the elementalist would be a complicated class since it has to use all the element and deal with 20 skill at once. Elementalist is a class where you need to use some skill at certain moment and other in certain situation. I always run a 80 exotic magic find armor and my ele is based on dealing a lot of damage, i have only 5 point in water (trait) and i never… NEVER had problem surviving.

So i think that the problem is that people who complain aren’t meant for this class and should just play another less complicated one.

~I hope you guys understand my point and what im trying to say.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Weapon X.5163

Weapon X.5163

Well, since you decided to post YOUR OPINION on how leet you are and how nothing is wrong with the Ele, how about you put your money were your mouth is and show us some sPVP or tPVP videos of you wrecking people and not getting wrecked with your 5 points into water.

This should be a really good short film.

in Elementalist

Posted by: darkcool.8615

darkcool.8615

Well, since you decided to post YOUR OPINION on how leet you are and how nothing is wrong with the Ele, how about you put your money were your mouth is and show us some sPVP or tPVP videos of you wrecking people and not getting wrecked with your 5 points into water.

This should be a really good short film.

First of all: I never said i was super good and never said other people suck, i just said that with the build i currently use, my survability is good so other people survability should be too.

Second: Did i ever said this was about the elementalist in PvP. I did play this build in PvP and no i did not got wreck, i did not own people too i was doing alright, not my fault if people jump in the middle of the fight with a staff or something like that.

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatypusRex.3428

PlatypusRex.3428

Dark, I’m not going to flame/troll on you like a lot of people are going to, if this thread gets any attention at all. You are in the minority regarding Ele balance/survivability.

Assume that all complaints about underpower for Ele / survivability for Ele being low will necessarily include PvP. I think people get more upset dying to another human player when they perceive that loss to be a direct result of class imbalance, not skill imbalance. These will be the people who are most hostile toward you as they experience the most frustration, trying to do Ele in sPvP.

Weapon X’s sarcasm aside, his point is valid: Having a film would help your cause.

Both parties of this debate (UP vs just fine) are right. Many people do need to L2P, but many skills/animations/stats do need to be buffed, fixed, sped up, etc.

in Elementalist

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Aye mate.

It all depends on one’s build, gear, etc.

With the right build, ele’s are tough as nails.

It’s all in the build.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Eles are not perfectly fine but its true the build and gear are king. The way you play it factors in right under that. I think some complaints are valid but most survivabililty complaints are baseless.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Ok, so i want to clear out something, 90% of the post in this section are about the elementalist being less ’’powerfull’’ then the other class.

So many people say: I get kill in 2 hit ! Elementalist are too weak !

-Personnaly, i never had problem with survability.

Other people say: Elementalist are unbalanced.

-I have 500 hours on my ele, i’ve done 100% on my own, done almost all of the exploration archievement and never saw anything unbalanced in my ele.

So what i think is the problem is that people that complain about the ele have either not played it long enough, didn’t play it at all or just don’t know how to play it properly. Arena net said the elementalist would be a complicated class since it has to use all the element and deal with 20 skill at once. Elementalist is a class where you need to use some skill at certain moment and other in certain situation. I always run a 80 exotic magic find armor and my ele is based on dealing a lot of damage, i have only 5 point in water (trait) and i never… NEVER had problem surviving.

So i think that the problem is that people who complain aren’t meant for this class and should just play another less complicated one.

~I hope you guys understand my point and what im trying to say.

Here’s the thing. I solo’d on my ele and my mesmer. While I do like ele more(and play it while my mesmer crafts cookies and carries stuff), the difference in pve is big. My ele has 2 exotic sets, explorer and knight(with corresponding weapons and jewellery). My mesmer has mostly greenies and some rare weapons(all just drops with random stats), jewels are left-overs from crafting(think some are lvl 30 or so). A lot of though went into my ele traits…my mesmer build is based on “oh, this sounds good”. What happens in Orr…
- Ele: I carefully kite mobs, time skills and combos and the result is very good.
- Mesmer: I stand in 1 place, press random buttons and the result is, again, very good as long as I can keep a couple clones up, mobs dun even look at me.
And this is what happens when I get downed by mobs and all are above 50% hp:
- Ele: Thanks for playing, try again next time.
- Mesmer: Oh, I get 50% hp when I rally.
Somewhere smb said that a downed mesmer does more dmg than a standing ele. And I got the rallies to prove it…
That’s why people see ele as unbalanced. Not because the class is UP, but because it takes more effort and skill to play it at the same level as offer classes. Does that make ele bad? Not at all. Is it unfair? Definitely.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mai.3590

Mai.3590

What happens in Orr…
- Ele: I carefully kite mobs, time skills and combos and the result is very good.
- Mesmer: I stand in 1 place, press random buttons and the result is, again, very good as long as I can keep a couple clones up, mobs dun even look at me.
And this is what happens when I get downed by mobs and all are above 50% hp:
- Ele: Thanks for playing, try again next time.
- Mesmer: Oh, I get 50% hp when I rally.

You sir just made my day xD

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

So you like pressing random buttons and easy mode?

If so, then elementalist is not for you. When will people realize that this is not the faceroll class they thought it was.

in Elementalist

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Whatever, my Mesmer feels like a God compared to my ele. It actually has sufficient base hp and plenty hard CC’s and oh kitten buttons and immediate burst and immunities that it is a much, much better glass cannon. The damage and survivability is simply leagues above an ele if both wear a berserkers. Any other amulet and your damage will drop very hard. It also has much better ranged options. Faster than scepter and more range than dagger.

Yes Ele is super fun and awesome, and not uselessly weak. But you really should compare it more to other classes. I can bet your kitten that many people playing non-bunker Ele would feel right at home with a berserkers amulet shatter Mesmer. You lose out on fun because its less twitchy, but you win in fun because the skills you have gained playing a twitchy ele will cause you to become a PvP Raid Boss Legendary King God.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Whatever, my Mesmer feels like a God compared to my ele. It actually has sufficient base hp and plenty hard CC’s and oh kitten buttons and immediate burst and immunities that it is a much, much better glass cannon. The damage and survivability is simply leagues above an ele if both wear a berserkers. Any other amulet and your damage will drop very hard. It also has much better ranged options. Faster than scepter and more range than dagger.

Yes Ele is super fun and awesome, and not uselessly weak. But you really should compare it more to other classes. I can bet your kitten that many people playing non-bunker Ele would feel right at home with a berserkers amulet shatter Mesmer. You lose out on fun because its less twitchy, but you win in fun because the skills you have gained playing a twitchy ele will cause you to become a PvP Raid Boss Legendary King God.

Can’t blame you, tried mesmer and the shatter build looks awesome I give you that but…..it still doesn’t compare to ele, this profession can bring levels of devestation no other profession can bring.

I run d/d semi-bunker and honestly this has always been my favourite playstyle since GW1 where I was running with 2-3 offensive skills and 4 defensive skills, I love to plan every single move and anticipate the enemy move…the 1-2-3 style not for me hence I stick to ele, no other profession allows me to “tank” 3 people at the same time and actually kill some of them repeatedly( can’t stomp them most times as too buys kiting).

Sure 2 decent players can still bring me down after a while but generally my semi-bunker build allows me to take any profession 1vs1 and come on top with 40-50% HP, there is just enough sustained dmg to keep you on your toes( or pay the price and get blown away by flamegrab , saved waiting for the right moment).

In the end ele doesn’t lack dmg, the DT/phoenix combo deal tremendeous dmg for example, just is very..“rough” as Jon said, hopefully they’ll reduce the landing time of DT and flying time of phoenix; but a d/d ele can deal over 8k sustained dmg every 6-10s while still being very hard to bring down ( very hard in my case)

P.S- a couple of dodges and your combo is gone, if you use double daze—mist form or lightning flash, burning speed+ring of fire to destroy army of clones in 2s while still hitting you, churning earth+lightning flash to blow you away ^^

(edited by Arheundel.6451)

in Elementalist

Kuthos.9623

If you like mesmer then go for it. Yes elementalists get owned when glass cannon. So do mesmers against any decent opponent. The only mesmers who last more than 10 or 15 seconds (assuming you dont run into culling issues when they go invis and what not) against a good D/D elementalist are the ones who dont go glass cannon.

The problem is people have this super tunnel vision about doing massive dps when it’s actually better to build towards outlasting your opponents. You go from doing okay in 1v1s to taking on 2 and 3 people at once when you stop building glass cannon. But whatever, go with your glass cannon stuff, I’ll continue to pull off stuff no other class can even come close to.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Ele is harder to play and people can´t deal with it.

In pve and wvw ele is great, spvp and tpvp it´s viable if you´re good.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daniella.3590

Daniella.3590

I actually Love my Ele its The Most effective Healer of all, even my Party Mates Compliment about the Water Ele Build Healing Skills But then you have to Risk your damage for that Build but still I love it and Enjoys it .. For me it just depends on your Play style and what Role you really wanna Portray anyway Mine is staff Type Ele that Focus her traits on Water (30) Earth (30) Fire (30) … no violent reaction pls ,, I’d be Happy to see Suggestions to Improve my Healing Build thanx

Beauty is My Weapon

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

So you like pressing random buttons and easy mode?

If so, then elementalist is not for you. When will people realize that this is not the faceroll class they thought it was.

When will people realize that what should make a balanced game difficult is the content, not the profession?

Explain me the logic that people who like to play as spellcasters that throw fireballs should have a harder time than people who like to play as soldiers who swing swords. Please, explain me why swinging swords shouldn’t be as hard as throwing fireballs. This is all flavor. People are supposed to pick the flavour they like the best, thus why different professions exist. But, some people are being punished for having different tastes than others.

And,
The elementalist is hard to master, but not that hard to play.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in Elementalist

Kuthos.9623

I didn’t make the game. Anet chose to make elementalists more complex than the other classes. In every game, there’s always a class which takes more effort and research to make it work than others. In this game, well it’s elementalist. If you don’t like it play something else.

I’m glad they did make it complex, because otherwise I would have quit playing a while ago. Other classes are so boring being limited to 2 “weapon sets”. The majority of those skills aren’t real exciting either.

Edit – See Warrior tanks in WoW. Very few people were any good at it (before Lich King when it became faceroll. You could push random buttons and -maybe- get through a dungeon. After that expect hate mail from your healer. Really good warriors were few. PvP for a warrior was much like elementalist is now, lots of stance dancing and using all your skills while rogues just sit there and mash sinister strike or whatever. Or better yet……huntards. Talk about facerolling….

If you don’t want the “harder and more complex” class, then choose something else, or just admit that you’re not playing it to its full potential.

The PVE cries are ridiculous. ANY class is easy in pve in this game. It’s just not auto attack and go afk on an elementalist like warrior / guardian and that’s what people don’t like. I don’t want to think about my skills, I just wan’t to push the 1 button and get loot.

/end rant

(edited by Kuthos.9623)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Without presuming to declare that I am better than the rest of you at playing my ele, I will just say that whether the class is “broken” or not doesn’t matter to me, I have a great time playing it. In my opinion, a positive nerf on eles would likely make them too easy to play and probably really boring (derpderpimawarrior), while a negative nerf would take them over the edge from interesting to frustrating.

/twocents

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Elementalist

DiogoSilva.7089

I didn’t make the game. Anet chose to make elementalists more complex than the other classes. In every game, there’s always a class which takes more effort and research to make it work than others. In this game, well it’s elementalist. If you don’t like it play something else.

Actually, I feel like Anet didn’t want the elementalist to be this complex. It was the first profession they revealed before the game was out, and they said they were planning to reveal their professions in order of complexity. First we got the elementalist, then the warrior, then the ranger.

If we look at elementalists’ skills, traits, utility, etc, they are all very simplistic, not unlike a ranger or a warrior. And while a warrior has huge defense and offense, and a ranger a pet that does half the damage for them, an elementalist would be a walking library full of versatility and spiking damage (if we go by their class description).

I think that, at first, the devs weren’t aware how the attunement system (alongside the low defense) made the elementalists so complex. Unlike a Mesmer, whose shatters are all about sacrifing everything for a single, most of the times abstract effect, the concept behind attunements is very simple: you change one attunement, and your 5 simplistic weapon skills are changed to other 5 simplistic weapon skills.

Anyways, the attunements made eles much stronger than other professions in the beta, and the eles were drastically nerfed at that time. And I wonder: if they nerfed all other professions, would they still be easy mode? Would a nerfed warrior be able to auto-attack and kill anything? What about a nerfed thief?

Is the elementalist harder to play because it’s inherently more complex, or because it’s weaker? Or a bit of both? Let’s nor forget that a Mesmer, both in theory and in practice, is at least as hard to play with, and possibly harder to understand for newbies. But so why do Mesmers have an easier time?

in Elementalist

Kuthos.9623

I dont know, if you look at the synergy of say D/D I have a hard time thinking they didn’t mean for you to attument switch all the time.

If they didn’t mean for it to be complex, I’d be really surprised. And if they were to ever “nerf” the complexity of it, I’d probably quit the game. Just personal opinion.

Sure the concept is simple, but rotating through all of your attuments, and having every ability memorized so that you know which one you want to use? They had to know people would do this.

Elementalist is harder because it’s not your typical mage class. The best thing I could compare it to is like a druid from WoW. You get some healing, you get some defense. you get some offense. It’s a jack of all trades. People who used all their forms and abilities shined above the rest. People who sat in cat form and spammed 2 generally didn’t get quite as good of results.

Bottom line is, the class is the way it is. Unless they make some huge changes it will remain that way. If you don’t like it fine. Play another class.

Elementalist are harder because you have twice as many abilities to use as other classes.

One of the reasons people probably aren’t liking their elementalists is staff. Everyone wanted to be a staff elementlist. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with staff, but for pve in general it’s awkward solo. It’s much easier to go scepter or dagger imo but it requires a much different playstyle than a “generic mage” in most games.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Actually, I feel like Anet didn’t want the elementalist to be this complex.

I think that, at first, the devs weren’t aware how the attunement system (alongside the low defense) made the elementalists so complex.

Sigh.

How can you possibly know this? I read your entire explanation and saw no justification of how you presume to know the devs’ intentions and/or understanding OF THEIR OWN GAME. You create an interesting scenario (that is totally speculative) but, my god man, rein in the arm waving.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Elementalist

DiogoSilva.7089

Sigh.

How can you possibly know this? I read your entire explanation and saw no justification of how you presume to know the devs’ intentions and/or understanding OF THEIR OWN GAME. You create an interesting scenario (that is totally speculative) but, my god man, rein in the arm waving.

The devs have said something along the lines that they started revealing the simplest classes first. That’s it. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing elementalists became a complex class, just that it probably wasn’t their intention at first.

in Elementalist

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

If you like mesmer then go for it. Yes elementalists get owned when glass cannon. So do mesmers against any decent opponent. The only mesmers who last more than 10 or 15 seconds (assuming you dont run into culling issues when they go invis and what not) against a good D/D elementalist are the ones who dont go glass cannon.

The problem is people have this super tunnel vision about doing massive dps when it’s actually better to build towards outlasting your opponents. You go from doing okay in 1v1s to taking on 2 and 3 people at once when you stop building glass cannon. But whatever, go with your glass cannon stuff, I’ll continue to pull off stuff no other class can even come close to.

Bla bla, taking things out of context so you can write holier than thou blabber.
Yes not going glass cannon on an ele is better, did you read my post? That was the whole point. Wtf.

Glass cannon mesmers dont get immediatly owned by ‘decent’ people what the hell are you talking about. When people think of an ele they see big flaming balls of fire and explosions and lightning. High damage. Well currently that playstyle is on a Mesmer. Confusing opponents is for Mesmers right? Well as a D/D dagger i am totally confusing people by jumping, shooting, and blasting everywhere.

Saying a mesmer dies in 10 seconds is kittening ridiculous. Hell, MOA lasts 10 seconds. They can stealth for up to 8 seconds. 2 seconds immunity every 8 seconds. Distortion. It’s people like you who keep parroting the ‘ele is just so seriously deep, dude’ mantra that are bad to the class. You said it a millions times while we already know this, we get it, great job. Now raise your pants back up realise that glass cannon ele’s dont deserve to be this crappy when a mesmer takes a dump on everyone’s dog and mother. And yes, i play BOTH, so i actually know what im talking about. No, my ele doesnt have a kittening berserkers amulet. Nobody’s been wearing one for ages, keep up.

(edited by GankSinatra.2653)

in Elementalist

Posted by: XodoK.8734

XodoK.8734

OP. This has been discussed to death. The issue is that everything you do on Ele you can do many times faster and easier on other profs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Bla bla, taking things out of context so you can write holier than thou blabber.
Yes not going glass cannon on an ele is better, did you read my post? That was the whole point. Wtf.

Glass cannon mesmers dont get immediatly owned by ‘decent’ people what the hell are you talking about. When people think of an ele they see big flaming balls of fire and explosions and lightning. High damage. Well currently that playstyle is on a Mesmer. Confusing opponents is for Mesmers right? Well as a D/D dagger i am totally confusing people by jumping, shooting, and blasting everywhere.

Saying a mesmer dies in 10 seconds is kittening ridiculous. Hell, MOA lasts 10 seconds. They can stealth for up to 8 seconds. 2 seconds immunity every 8 seconds. Distortion. It’s people like you who keep parroting the ‘ele is just so seriously deep, dude’ mantra that are bad to the class. You said it a millions times while we already know this, we get it, great job. Now raise your pants back up realise that glass cannon ele’s dont deserve to be this crappy when a mesmer takes a dump on everyone’s dog and mother. And yes, i play BOTH, so i actually know what im talking about. No, my ele doesnt have a kittening berserkers amulet. Nobody’s been wearing one for ages, keep up.

Your average glass cannon mesmer DOES get owned by decent players, simply because they know all the mesmer tactics( double daze chain-staff n2 teleport-decoy-swap clone combo etc etc)

I simply don’t want a ripetion of GW1 , where eles have been reduced to a level where even an hamster could appear as a “pro” ele by spamming 1-2-3 earth KD combo, what happenes was that suddenly GW1 population was composed up by eles for like 70% ….earth eles with zero skills but able to spamm 1-2-3 on the keyboard

(edited by Arheundel.6451)

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningLockey.5938

LightningLockey.5938

Arh,

I’d hate to see the elementalist turned into all earth spamming 1,2 and 3. Though we do need more HP and a signet that immobilizes monsters like what the warrior has. I’m level 80 and basically unable to play around monsters above level 70. My warrior was able to fight level 47 stuff at level 30 and have the same survivability as my elementalist.

Though he was able to survive as I knew how to best use my skills from playing the frailmentalist. After level 47 the monsters appeared to be immune to all bleeds/afflictions and take like 1/20 of the damage they should have.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

Though we do need more HP and a signet that immobilizes monsters like what the warrior has. I’m level 80 and basically unable to play around monsters above level 70. My warrior was able to fight level 47 stuff at level 30 and have the same survivability as my elementalist.

Are you confusing some skills now? The Ele has a signet which immobilizes the target, not the warrior.
Also, you must have a typo there; if monster are more than 7 levels above you they become immune to all your attacks.

in Elementalist

TWMagimay.9057

Truly. And people usually call those classes “unbalanced” or “underpowered”. Which in turn results in class adjustments to bring in on par with the rest. Or, what, a mediocre player isn’t allowed to enjoy the game? If I’m not uberpro, I have to settle for a class I don’t like, because the one I like is reserved for the best only? How does that even make sense?!

in Elementalist

Kuthos.9623

Your average glass cannon mesmer DOES get owned by decent players, simply because they know all the mesmer tactics( double daze chain-staff n2 teleport-decoy-swap clone combo etc etc)

I simply don’t want a ripetion of GW1 , where eles have been reduced to a level where even an hamster could appear as a “pro” ele by spamming 1-2-3 earth KD combo, what happenes was that suddenly GW1 population was composed up by eles for like 70% ….earth eles with zero skills but able to spamm 1-2-3 on the keyboard

This. Or I mean…..I’m suppose to say “blah blah blah” like Gank Sinatra and act like you said nothing of value.

Okay wait, I’ll be generous and give you an additional 8 seconds for MOA while I eat my food till it wears off. Then I come back and kill you. Grats.

in Elementalist

Kuthos.9623

Truly. And people usually call those classes “unbalanced” or “underpowered”. Which in turn results in class adjustments to bring in on par with the rest. Or, what, a mediocre player isn’t allowed to enjoy the game? If I’m not uberpro, I have to settle for a class I don’t like, because the one I like is reserved for the best only? How does that even make sense?!

I know plenty of elementalists who are mediocre players who enjoy the game. Yeah they die a lot more than me but they dont come to the forums crying about everything thing they ask questions and get better or they just shrug it off and keep playing. If you spent as much time learning your class as posting on the forums you might do a little better. So elementalist is a little harder? Big deal? You can still enjoy the game just fine. Or by “enjoy the game” did you mean “faceroll it”.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

OP. This has been discussed to death. The issue is that everything you do on Ele you can do many times faster and easier on other profs.

This.

I’m also under the opinion that if person 1 is far more skill than person 2, then person 1 should be winning, not equal.

Besides, balancing around the very best- like no one ever was, invites a lot of rage when there’s a really high skill cap.

in Elementalist

TWMagimay.9057

I know plenty of elementalists who are mediocre players who enjoy the game. Yeah they die a lot more than me but they dont come to the forums crying about everything thing they ask questions and get better or they just shrug it off and keep playing. If you spent as much time learning your class as posting on the forums you might do a little better. So elementalist is a little harder? Big deal? You can still enjoy the game just fine. Or by “enjoy the game” did you mean “faceroll it”.

Some people accept the situation and roll with it, others blame themselves and try to improve and then there are people who try to change it. There is nothing wrong with being either.

You described ele as a class that requires more skill to play. Thus by default those lacking the needed skill would be at a disadvantage. I also don;t see how die all the time can be seen as enjoyable in a game. Most people find it frustrating, especially when it’s not their fault. But I guess there are also people who enjoy paying repairs, right?

in Elementalist

Kuthos.9623

You act like every single class in every game are balanced equally. They’re not. They never will be, the best you can do is get them relatively close.

We can go round and round with this. Some classes will always have a higher skill cap than others. Druids were horrible at the beginning of WoW. Hardly anyone played them, but I liked it because it required more attention than other classes. Later on druids got a bunch of bug fixes and some buffs, but the fact remains that the people who were terrible at the class before were still terrible and struggled. (This is before everything became easy mode)

I’m not against some small buffs / small bug fixes. Mostly bug fixes. But if you think getting buffs is going to change your ability to play the class. You’re in for a surprise……

in Elementalist

Posted by: Atomic Sharks.7250

Atomic Sharks.7250

You act like every single class in every game are balanced equally. They’re not. They never will be, the best you can do is get them relatively close.

We can go round and round with this. Some classes will always have a higher skill cap than others. Druids were horrible at the beginning of WoW. Hardly anyone played them, but I liked it because it required more attention than other classes. Later on druids got a bunch of bug fixes and some buffs, but the fact remains that the people who were terrible at the class before were still terrible and struggled. (This is before everything became easy mode)

I’m not against some small buffs / small bug fixes. Mostly bug fixes. But if you think getting buffs is going to change your ability to play the class. You’re in for a surprise……

here’s my thoughts the ele could use a buff, but not a big one. because a big one wouldn’t be needed if the bugs were fixed. the warrior and theif will probably always have the lower skill cap for most of their specs because its easier for most people to understand.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

Agree with this completely, bug fixes should be the number one focus. I just aNet does not do anything silly with the profession to appease the masses that won’t take the time to learn how to play it. I think the attention and effort you have to put into an Ele is the selling point of the profession. For me the other professions are just a bit repetitive in comparison, the one exception I have found is an Engineer as the playstyle is actually quite similar, the attunement swapping you do on an Ele is mirrored in part to the Kit swapping you have to do as an Engineer.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

lol I love it how the op say " I always run a 80 exotic magic find armor ". You realize people who are talking pvp right? Who cares about pve really?

in Elementalist

TWMagimay.9057

It’s funny how with every post you make, you prove me right. Obviously druids being horrible wasn’t fine(even though you enjoyed it) and, surprise, the class got changed(I’d like to point out I never played WoW so I’m basing it on the proof you give). Ofc, there will never be perfect balance, but there has to be some. It’s one of the things I liked in 2Moons. Every few months they did a complete class revamp, nerfing and buffing skills all the time to get a better balance(or at least give you the hope that, yeah, class A is OP/UP, but that will change soon enough).

I actually do just fine on my ele. But it bothers me that…I see eles talking about 14k hp with vit based gear and stuff. My mesmer has 18k hp in random puppies(while an ele in the same gear would have less than 11k). And she also has clones to protect her hp. What gives?! It’s that basic stuff that makes no sense at all. Or why can’t I choose to wear heavy armour? They take out tanks and healers and then create classes that mimic the playstyle, while calling it “equal”. Well, it’s not. Some classes are tankier by design, others can support better also by design…. It feel fake…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Btw, I just wanted to make sure, but OP you have played other classes as well right? Because pve is always easy (for the most part) so “unbalanced” is only in regards to how good it is compared to other classes.