I want to play pvp, some tips?

in Elementalist

Posted by: darkkinder.7926

darkkinder.7926

I’m PvE player and play sometimes WvW, but never tried PvP (so, I don’t know how it works).

What you guys think what I should know before I start playing?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Make another class. You don’t have to level it, just get it past the tutorial step. Spvp on an ele is already rough, and if youre just starting out i wouldnt even bother trying

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Elementalist

darkkinder.7926

Make another class. You don’t have to level it, just get it past the tutorial step. Spvp on an ele is already rough, and if youre just starting out i wouldnt even bother trying

: /

in Elementalist

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

: /

Ok. Hop right in then

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dav.9152

Dav.9152

Even though Carpboy’s sentiment seems to kittenoed all across the Ele forums, perhaps his initial advice can be tempered some: “Make another class” – and learn the PvP basics on a perhaps more forgiving class, then come back to Ele and apply what you’ve learned.

Live, learn, level up.

in Elementalist

Posted by: zilcho.7624

zilcho.7624

I’m PvE player and play sometimes WvW, but never tried PvP (so, I don’t know how it works).

Just do whatever you want. There is no viable PvP build for ele’s. There is not a single role we can fill that someone else cannot do drastically better. Because of that, there is no “best” build or “right” way to play.

So you are going to lose a lot, you are going to die a lot, and you are going to get frustrated a lot. The only way to deal with it is to try and have fun, and forget about trying to be successful.

If you are competitive and need to win in order to have fun, then my only advice is… do not play an elementalist.

in Elementalist

darkkinder.7926

ok, I will follow your advice. I was think of making another char (I just have the Ele) anyway.

Now I just need decider which profession : P

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

30 Water 30 Arcana for beginners.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJAoYhcMKc25wyBd0AA5hLmwyoQHlH5MjNA-TkAA0E5oyxljJHZO2cGiM/A

Use your blast finishers to stack Might in your fire fields. Attune to and dodge roll in Water for heals. Fire fields and burst damage in Fire, blast finishers and control in Earth, and sustained damage (Lightning Whip) and CC in Air. You’ll be running around with a ton of Might stacks thanks to Strength Runes + Battle Sigil + manual Fire Field might stacking.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vash Past.4385

Vash Past.4385

My friend only signs in like once a month, hasn’t leveled a single character to 80, and murders people in PvP with his Mesmer. Just throwing in two cents.

in Elementalist

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

From my Fresh Air S/D point of view.

* Work with teammates.
They can free you up to unload damage or save your butt. It’s actually a team game, ya know.

* Learn how to react to Thief burst.
It is a constant danger. Save some CD’s to deal with it, or you’ll die a lot. Ok, a lot more. But your reactions need to become automatic.

* Terrain and distance are vital.
Take the extra time to move into hard to get places. Your time is spent dealing damage or trying not to get gibbed. The more time it takes to find and reach you, the more you have to tee off on them.

* Pick your fights well and run if you need to.
Sometimes you need to get in and hold a point, but sometimes it’s better to bail and hook up with your team instead of giving them 5 points on top of the taking a node.

PS - Ele does feel like it takes a lot more effort to make work, in my experience, but is still fun most of the time.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pteor.6421

Pteor.6421

I’m only rank 10, on a level 50 Ele, who is my highest level, but at this point I don’t understand why everyone is so insistent that Ele is instalose.

I’ve only played hotjoins, so maybe in real queue people are better, but at this point, I’ve only run into a few things that I can’t take out with an 80% success rate. Bunker Engis, Bunker Guards, and a single Ranger using a long bow that was a really embarassing fight.

The engis CC me until they get help, the guards can knock me off point long enough to cap and then neither of us ever drops below 80% health unless we get careless, and there’s never an opportunity for a kill. The ranger just sat off point and shot at me and I got confused as to a response, poor play by me.

Theives are a joke, Mesmers aren’t bad, Warriors are hard but I can for sure survive until I get help, even if I can’t win. Honestly, does it just get harder or what?

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I’m only rank 10, on a level 50 Ele, who is my highest level, but at this point I don’t understand why everyone is so insistent that Ele is instalose.

I’ve only played hotjoins, so maybe in real queue people are better, but at this point, I’ve only run into a few things that I can’t take out with an 80% success rate. Bunker Engis, Bunker Guards, and a single Ranger using a long bow that was a really embarassing fight.

The engis CC me until they get help, the guards can knock me off point long enough to cap and then neither of us ever drops below 80% health unless we get careless, and there’s never an opportunity for a kill. The ranger just sat off point and shot at me and I got confused as to a response, poor play by me.

Theives are a joke, Mesmers aren’t bad, Warriors are hard but I can for sure survive until I get help, even if I can’t win. Honestly, does it just get harder or what?

The key phrases are " I am rank 10" and " I’ve ONLY Played hotjoin…." that completely invalidated whatever you were attempting to say.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Just do whatever you want. There is no viable PvP build for ele’s. There is not a single role we can fill that someone else cannot do drastically better. Because of that, there is no “best” build or “right” way to play.

So you are going to lose a lot, you are going to die a lot, and you are going to get frustrated a lot. The only way to deal with it is to try and have fun, and forget about trying to be successful.

If you are competitive and need to win in order to have fun, then my only advice is… do not play an elementalist.

Lol! The update just went live dude. My Ele has been hauling some major butt! I just won 5/5 solo que’s as well as did perfectly fine in countless hotjoins. Either I’m doing something right, or you’re doing something wrong, or both. No offense, of course. It took me awhile to find the right build, but I promise you I’ve found it. Ele’s are just fine.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.