well done Anet you’ve completely killed the coolest class

Akkale
Underworld Battalion [WvW]
Gandara

IMO, Ele is dead - 30th April Patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wildclaw.6073

Wildclaw.6073

I just consider the 0/10/0/30/30 or 0/0/10/30/30 to be extremely boring and very forgiving.

Of course, that is the whole point of it. To create a build not built for any specific special purpose, but instead simply picking the generically best traits one by one. That is why it works well with both defensive and offensive gear. The build itself carries very little bias.

This also makes it the build in the game that most clearly highlights the failure of Anet’s irrational and reactive approach to balancing traits in gw2.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

Well, you can technically still use obsidian flesh as a substitute for mist form in order to cover ER. Really loathe to give up all of the offense on offhand dagger for that though.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in Elementalist

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Fotm elementalist everywhere :O

in Elementalist

Posted by: r z.7261

r z.7261

Reduced the range to 1200 from the previous (hidden) 1550.

GG RTL.

in Elementalist

Posted by: cufta.7309

cufta.7309

welcome to the club lol

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

And I swear RTL range has been reduced, the tooltip just doesn’t show anything.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Elementalist

Posted by: I Am Dansker.7105

I Am Dansker.7105

And I swear RTL range has been reduced, the tooltip just doesn’t show anything.

IT has, in the patch note it says it’s been reduced from 1530 to 1200 (not because the cooldown was enough to start with…)

Far Shiverpeaks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

Was a foot in since last patch. Now completely dead.

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Try going d/f. It’s a very nice nice twist. RTL was the only thing keeping me on /d anyway. Well cleansing wave helps too I guess.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Benji.9203

Benji.9203

^ dat focus (no trolling dead serious)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Legacy.7360

Legacy.7360

All the D/D Tank builds that were YES… extremely OP when played right are QQing. This is a ScreenShot worth taking.

Those Tanky/burst builds finally got some “balance” put into them. No more chasing a Elementalist every single fight he isn’t winning.

the FOTM is on the /Ranger Forums. They love to see Ele tears.

Gooday.

Guardian <3
Dragon
Platinnum – Zerker Guardian

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

All the D/D Tank builds that were YES… extremely OP when played right are QQing. This is a ScreenShot worth taking.

Those Tanky/burst builds finally got some “balance” put into them. No more chasing a Elementalist every single fight he isn’t winning.

the FOTM is on the /Ranger Forums. They love to see Ele tears.

Gooday.

it’s not because there is a specific build supposedly overpowered that you should just break the class for everyone else playing with a normal balance.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

it’s not because there is a specific build supposedly overpowered that you should just break the class for everyone else playing with a normal balance.

Not even worth arguing anymore. People lump every single D/D and almost every ele in general in with the bunker build.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

I see so much l2play issue in this thread that it makes my eyes bleed to read it all.

Honestly, ele is almost unchanged if you play the class properly. If you were previously just facekeyboarding your way to victory, it’s time to graduate to actually learning to use the class properly.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vayshya.5147

Vayshya.5147

I just checked how new Comet works, it drops on enemy, not on target area, so to finish combo enemy must stand right in field. And Flamewall have very little width, may be 30, so it’s even difficult for enemy to stand in it. Ahhaha what a joke. There must be trolls in Arena.
So landing Comet finisher looks like this: in air use Gale to knockdown enemy for 2 seconds, switch to fire and use Flamewall under enemy, switch to water and use Comet on enemy. Ok u got your might boon. And l2p, elem for real pros.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

Haha u become like engineers!! Nexy upcoming year u will be getting great “fixes” every patch. Enjoy the ride! Pls notice you must be ready to change ur build every patch because the paths devs wild minds walk are unknown.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DRAGON.7530

DRAGON.7530

you kill ele ty^^ ele dps not live now 100% ele bunker not play now 90% ele roumer die now ty…. you the best!!!

in Elementalist

Kurow.6973

I’m running out of desks…and my face is starting to hurt…

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I see so much l2play issue in this thread that it makes my eyes bleed to read it all.

Honestly, ele is almost unchanged if you play the class properly. If you were previously just facekeyboarding your way to victory, it’s time to graduate to actually learning to use the class properly.

You were facekeyboarding your way to victory in fractals 50+ or Arah or many other dungeons I see. You were the most wanted profession in dungeons that made your team faceroll through every dungeon boss. The Warrior/Guardian forums are THAT way.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vayshya.5147

Vayshya.5147

I’m running out of desks…and my face is starting to hurt…

U doing it wrong, use wall like every manual says.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

patch kicked in…aaaaaaaaaaand we’re dead :]
I am sure no dev considered that people can dodge RTL when they had that brilliant idea, nor they did notice that not all weapon sets have access to “overpowered healing”.
I already retraited, will try to find a new way to W3 /shrugs/

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

Haha u become like engineers!! Nexy upcoming year u will be getting great “fixes” every patch. Enjoy the ride! Pls notice you must be ready to change ur build every patch because the paths devs wild minds walk are unknown.

Hey, look, buddy, I am an engineer, and that means I’ve already got these problems. Not problems like how Acidic Elixirs is some kinda joke trait, because there’s no reasonable way to ever make it useful.

I’ve got practical problems.

For instance, how am I gonna stop some big, mean mother-hubbard from tearin’ me a structurally superfluous new behind?
The answer? Use one of few viable builds. And when that gets nerfed?

Use more flavor-of-the-month.

An example here is a scepter/dagger bunker, not designed by me, built grudgingly by me, and you’d best hope…

…Well, I won’t kill you anyway, so you probably don’t even care.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mugiwara no Luffy.1964

Mugiwara no Luffy.1964

I normally just read the forum but I guess this time I have to post my thoughts aswell.

I personally think these minior nerfs don’t affect our bunker ele in PvP that much, I seem to still do great in 1vs1 and 2vs1 and sometimes even tank 3vs1 quite well until a teammate(s) joins me in sPvP, however these nerfs affect the possibilities of other builds for Elementalists. I’ve been playing more and more on other classes lately and what I notice with most of them that I can’t see in Elementalists is that they have alot more build options and utility options. While Ele’s are almost forced to always take Cantrips as their utilities and with traits we almost always need either 20-30 in Arcana or Water.

Only our bunker build is viable and this is imo where Anet fails with their Elementalist changes, no offense but I would love Anet’s response to any other viable build for Eles right now aside from our bunker build. They nerf us thinking it will make bunker Ele complaints stop or become less but at the same time they don’t realize how these changes affect our other builds(which we don’t have anymore if you ask me). Especially in PvE we get affected by all the nerfs that should only hurt bunker eles. Some of us tried ways around the bunker build trying for alternatives in the class but we’re forced to rely on the same utilities and those get nerfed every month.

In most games Elementalists are meant to be masters of staff but here in both PvP and PvE the weapon is underpowered compared to other classes . I think it’s pretty decent for WvWvW however for zergs. I see Anet is trying to make some attempts in buffing our other utilities(signets, glyph’s) but it’s nowhere as good as our Cantrips right now. Leaving staff builds for PvP still a bad choice due to the survivability it offers. I hope they continue trying to buff those utilities, so far it has not been worth replacing most of the Cantrips we rely so much on.

It feels as if we’re being pushed in a corner with only one viable build to use like I mentioned above, if you nerf us next time with your aim of making bunker Elementalists weaker, compensate and consider how these nerfs affect our other options!! That’s where it all goes wrong imo.

I’m gonna stick to my Ele regardless of these nerfs because I still have fun playing it, I just hope atleast one of the Devs takes this post as advice and take more effort into buffing our other traits/utilities giving us the options to have other choices aside from this bunker build that 90% of the Elementalists are FORCED to use.

Thanks,
Sakazuki

(edited by Mugiwara no Luffy.1964)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linkent.7416

Linkent.7416

This nerf is really stupid..
it shows that ANET never think about what is going to happen when they change a skill..
They will just listen to all the QQ on how a spell is too strong and nerf it..
But they never make any change to all the underwhelming skill that Ele player QQ about..

Player know their class better..
If a spell is overpower, ie evasion blaster.. We could accept it..
Glyph of renewal reviving dead(not downed) player.. nerf is acceptable..

BUT!
Before nerfing a skill.. please think about it outcome..

Glyph of Renewal is useless now.. Coz it is faster to revive a down player instead of casting a super longcasting spell with a super long CD..
The cast time need to be lower.. also the CD..

Mistform is just so stupid now, they if ANET can use their brain ( sorry ;-( ) and think about it, they will know how useless this spell is..
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS SPELL??
I believe it is an “OH SHIET” button where i use it when i am dying..
However the situation now it becomes.
OH NOO I am dying, use Mistform, condition tick for 3s.. i died..
Just think about this.. will you use it ANET? THINK!

RTL nerf is another stupid change..
People are saying our bunker build is too strong..
but you nerf our escaping spell instead..
Doesnt that contradicting???
That nerf affect Zerker Ele(IF there is one) instead..
Nerf Bunker Build!! (but buff other first, coz bunker is our only way of playing this game)
Buff Glass Cannon and also STAFF!! (Where the hell is our doing
Coz our damage is really pathetic..
What they lack in physical toughness, they make up in versatility and the ability to inflict massive damage in a single attack.
Where the hell is that massive damage in a single attack?

We need to do so many things to do comparable DPS and that is still lower than a Warrior..
LFM COF RUN! WARRIOR ONLY!!

Tired of your promise ANET..

in Elementalist

Posted by: dbgfeller.8120

dbgfeller.8120

No more chasing a Elementalist every single fight he isn’t winning.

Yeah, have fun chasing an invisible thief in a fight he is not winning..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

@sakazuky: the problem is that what may be okay for sPvP puts WvWvW Elementalist in a coffin.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mugiwara no Luffy.1964

Mugiwara no Luffy.1964

@sakazuky: the problem is that what may be okay for sPvP puts WvWvW Elementalist in a coffin.

I know that, it’s exactly my point and I believe most of the QQing on the Elementalist forum is about the same thing. I’m convinced most of the QQing won’t be here if our monthly nerfs opened doors for other builds to play with, but no instead they nerf everything that makes Bunker Elementalists good in PvP which is our only viable build atm.

They do this without realizing how it affects our other options in case we want to change builds. And this obviously leads to alot of players retiring as elementalist and joining the FOTM class or start complaining on the forum.

And all this without even mentioning how all this affects us in PvE and WvWvW.

It’s very simple, they take away something from us but don’t return something to compensate with the nerfs. Leaving us with the same and only build but slightly weaker. If you plan to nerf D/D again in the future at least make staff, S/D, S/F or D/F become viable for PvP please. I see seldom S/D in PvP let alone S/F, staff or D/F while most other classes out there have more than one viable builds to play incase they get one nerfed or tired of the same thing for MONTHS IN A ROW.

Sakazuki,

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thyophelis.8035

Thyophelis.8035

I am absolutely fine with some of the changes. The d/d 0-10-0 -30- 30 with boon duration build is still very strong and i can tank 3 capable players for a decent amount of time. I might even get one or 2 into downstate. I ll not be able to tank 8 noobs anymore and probably every thief will get away, but actually the fotm build is still the one that will perform best.
but one of the most important things has been taken from us, to be able to choose the fight we want to. Solo roaming in wvw is dead.
I don t know where the devs take the information of S/d beeing played often from. I have yet to see a good video of ele with a scepter doing anything close to what we can do with dual daggers.

All i can advise is to use rtl more carefull and not always rush into the fight with it.

Aurona- fugly white bark sylvarie ele
MS-Mondsucht, pure small scale forever !
Kodash-we thrife on outmanned

(edited by Thyophelis.8035)

in Elementalist

Posted by: r z.7261

r z.7261

This change should have been for spvp only and left pve and wvw alone.

Makes you wonder if the guys at Anet even play their own game.

in Elementalist

Kurow.6973

I think I need to stop by this thread daily to get an instant laugh…heck, this sub forum itself is full of hilarity.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

What do u guys think about this?

….
30 Point trait that removes a condi upon gaining regen will have a 5 second CD (Trait is dead).

Anyone who thinks Cleansing Water is dead because of a small 5s internal cd is someone whose opinion I simply can’t take seriously.

That is what I think. Cleansing Wave has an 11.375s minimum cd and that doesn’t stop anyone from taking that trait.

Cleansing water removes a condition anytime you apply regen. When you switch to water it also applies regen due to elemental attunement trait, setting the ICD. This no longer synergizes with cantrips providing regen (which thus removes a condition, which is what made eles good at removing conditions). It’s not like you can just “space out cantrips and everything will be okay”. It’s going to be extremely common to have used a cantrip within 5s of switching to water recently.

The water switch is where most of the ele healing come from. Eles will commonly switch to it (and maybe roll in evasive arcana) then leave asap so they can switch back to water again that much sooner. Honestly, almost half the time, cantrips won’t be removing a condition because of this change because of how often eles will be in the ICD from switching to water. That’s BEFORE getting into situations where you used a cantrip…then used another cantrip.

Whether it’s useless or not, is outside the scope of this post. To say it’s a “small 5s cooldown” as though it’s not meaningful though, is outright wrong.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rolos.7491

rolos.7491

Completely agree. There is more than one type of mobility. The problem with elementalists (RTL specifically) in sPvP was they had too much burst mobility, which in a small map is very significant. After the patch, little has changed in this regard, as burst mobility is still strong. You will probably not need a second RTL to disengage from most fights.

In WvW, however, being able to increase/reduce the distance between you and practically any other class by 1200 is meaningless, because sustained mobility is now rubbish for elementalists.

In a sustained race (as is often the case in WvW), an elementalist would be incapable of chasing or escaping from anyone but the slowest of opponents under current circumstances. This might be fine for a guardian, but a fragile-by-nature class like this requires mobility to even have a chance at survival. This change is more than number tweaking: it affected a class mechanic which is vital, unless compensated for in some other way.

in Elementalist

Kurow.6973

Completely agree. There is more than one type of mobility. The problem with elementalists (RTL specifically) in sPvP was they had too much burst mobility, which in a small map is very significant. After the patch, little has changed in this regard, as burst mobility is still strong. You will probably not need a second RTL to disengage from most fights.

In WvW, however, being able to increase/reduce the distance between you and practically any other class by 1200 is meaningless, because sustained mobility is now rubbish for elementalists.

In a sustained race (as is often the case in WvW), an elementalist would be incapable of chasing or escaping from anyone but the slowest of opponents under current circumstances. This might be fine for a guardian, but a fragile-by-nature class like this requires mobility to even have a chance at survival. This change is more than number tweaking: it affected a class mechanic which is vital, unless compensated for in some other way.

Play some other classes, and then complain about mobility.

Honestly, I just can’t stop laughing at people in this sub-forum.

in Elementalist

rolos.7491

Play some other classes, and then complain about mobility.

Honestly, I just can’t stop laughing at people in this sub-forum.

Your posts contribute nothing and you are probably a troll, but I’ll bite:

Someone already did the math on a few movement skills for other classes.

I can’t figure it out. I am going to try and be as logical as possible about this bit I really cant wrap my head around it.

First off the Math
I did this a while ago but none of the math has changed

Warrior Rush -> Bull’s Charge (range is actually 900) -> Whirlwind Attack -> swap to sword and Savage Leap

Total range covered 1200 + 900 + 450 +600 = 3,150 4 seconds total time

Elementalist RtL -> Burning Speed -> Lightning Flash

Total range covered 1200 + 600 + 900 = 2,700 Total time 3 seconds

Ranger Hornet Sting (you flip the camera toward your opponent cast the skill. You wont get hit as the skill is an evade 130 units described but the real value is closer to 400) -> Monarch’s Leap -> Lightning Reflexes (flip the camera same as Hornet sting. the skil evades also unlisted but moves 600 units) -> GS Swoop

Total range covered 400 + 600 + 600 +1100 = 2,700 total time 4 seconds. However, due to swoops naturally low cd of 12 seconds compared to the 20 for rtl and rush ranger is the most mobile class in the game.

Thief base initiative of 12 and 1.33 second replenish

Heartseeker (range is 450 but distance traveled is affected by movement effect ie swiftness etc) cost is 3. Doing this 4 times in a row covers 1800 units however by the time you finish the last cast with each skill taking 3/4 a second to execute you would have recovered 2 initiative. -> Shadowstep

Total range covered 1800 (450 × 4)+ 1200 = 3000 total time 3.25 seconds. However, by the time you finished your shadow step at base regen you would receive your next initiative allowing for one more HS so total range is actually 3,450 total time 4 seconds

Ele is the forth most mobile class. Thief is number one in a sprint, and ranger is number one over time using a strictly melee set.

Chase

First off forget about running away. If we are chasing someone and our Rtl Hits nothing we are now in 40 second cd which mean on most mobile classes we aren’t even going to catch up. Literally if your out of range or out of combat not only can you not run but you cant catch up either.

the math just doesn’t add up. Without access to stealth fear or diversion why should DD be less mobile than other mobile set when everyone uses gap closers for mobility.

This is a petition or complaint it’s a question of logic. Please do not respond I ask genuinely if you aren’t ready to talk about this logically. this has no need to be a flame war.

Hell, even a guardian could catch up to an elementalist if they try to run:

Greatsword
Leap of faith: 600 range, 15 sec. cooldown.

Sword
Flashing Blade: 600 range, 10 sec. cool down.

Utility
Judge’s Intervention: 1200 range, 45 sec cool down. (for comparison, lightning flash has 900 range)

I believe you would benefit from taking your own advice, or perhaps forum troll is the only profession you specialize in?

in Elementalist

Kurow.6973

blah blah blah etc etc etc…

This post makes it obviously clear that you DO NOT play too many other classes. Please, just stop!

My guardian can never keep up with my ele…doesn’t matter how hard he tries.

This entire sub-forum is full of l2play issue.

PS: Just because someone finds your lack of skill, and knowledge hilarious…doesn’t immediately make them a “troll”.

(edited by Kurow.6973)

in Elementalist

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

This post makes it obviously clear that you DO NOT play too many other classes. Please, just stop!

It obvious that class forums are a circle jerk. Most people in the forums only play one class

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

EXACTLY
they totally broke some balanced class builds for WvW and PvE

in Elementalist

rolos.7491

PS: Just because someone finds your lack of skill, and knowledge hilarious…doesn’t immediately make them a “troll”.

I have yet to see a post of yours containing a single argument, which is why you appear as the troll that you are.

You make claims without backing them and judge people’s skill by their forums posts.

I will, however, take your advice this time and stop, because rational arguments are obviously lost on you and furthering any discussion would be futile.

in Elementalist

Kurow.6973

EXACTLY
they totally broke some balanced class builds for WvW and PvE

Since when is it balanced to take on 3-5(sometimes more) people and never have your hp drop below 80%, and freely disengage whenever you feel like it? LMFAO!!!!

I have yet to see a post of yours containing a single argument, which is why you appear as the troll that you are.

You make claims without backing them and judge people’s skill by their forums posts.

I will, however, take your advice this time and stop, because rational arguments are obviously lost on you and furthering any discussion would be futile.

What argument do I need when all I see is learning to play issue…lol! Are you for real?

Go ask the person who was vexed enough to make a thread yesterday about quitting the game over the ele changes, what he saw and experienced yesterday.

(edited by Kurow.6973)

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

Since when is it balanced to take on 3-5(sometimes more) people and never have your hp drop below 80%, and freely disengage whenever you feel like it? LMFAO!!!!

You talking about a specific build with maximized stats. Guardians do the same and no one complains. For the rest of staff elementalist playing the game “normally” we have no way to survive anymore besides staying behind everyone else.

in Elementalist

Kurow.6973

You talking about a specific build with maximized stats. Guardians do the same and no one complains. For the rest of staff elementalist playing the game “normally” we have no way to survive anymore besides staying behind everyone else.

Just…stop. Please…just stop…and go ask the guy who made a boycotting/quitting thread in the “Guild Wars 2 Discussion” yesterday what he experienced and learned last night.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Guide to proper elementalist play:

1) Get jumped by <insert random class here>
2) Stand there and die
3) Respawn
4) Repeat Steps 1-3

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

Just a note to players new to the class looking to glean useful information from this thread. The consequenses of these changes to the ele are extremly situational, even then usually easily compensated for with workarounds, and will not impact the majority of players at all.

That’s not to say some players have not experienced pain as a result of the changes or do not have some valid complaints. The min/max playstyle and attitude that there is only one way to play the class with specific combos in specific, not often occuring, situations has been altered for those players. For the rest of us, because we are not usually in situations where we need to have RTL as the only option every 20 seconds to escape baddies, that is not an issue. Or, being so close to death that we have to heal with utilites while in Mist Form (as if we hadn’t used that utility already)for 3 seconds, again not an issue for most of us and there are other ways, like using it earlier. Or, being the object of so many conditions so often that the class will become unplayable, that we cannot live with the class and ragequit when left with the significant removals we still have with exactly the same builds as we had before, in PvP only.

Its the same thing in every game in every forum after every patch. No disrepect to those whose game style has been altered past your point of endurance. Just that this patch is not a class breaker for almost everyone else.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

If you played other classes as you preach, you’d realize that ranger and thief were indeed more mobile than eles even before rtl nerf. Wars have a hard time with swiftness though, so I wouldn’t consider them mobile. Maybe if you decide to go with a boon war so you can keep up Signet of Rage boons they are.

And disregarding hard calculations without any argument besides “but I can’t do it” usually isn’t ta very strong argument.

in Elementalist

Kurow.6973

If you played other classes as you preach, you’d realize that ranger and thief were indeed more mobile than eles even before rtl nerf. Wars have a hard time with swiftness though, so I wouldn’t consider them mobile. Maybe if you decide to go with a boon war so you can keep up Signet of Rage boons they are.

And disregarding hard calculations without any argument besides “but I can’t do it” usually isn’t ta very strong argument.

Everything looks nice on paper…doesn’t it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Deitydarklight.8403

Deitydarklight.8403

It’s not dead, you’ll just get more ele bunker action because this affects everything but bunkers really.

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Everything looks nice on paper…doesn’t it?

Yes the Ele looks good on paper but as someone who plays all classes I can say it’s not in reality. You have a serious L2 kitten ue, go and actually play the other classes to understand the real issues, you probably don’t play many of them or you are just a terrible player.

You are the one that needs to Learn to Play.

in Elementalist

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

So wait, Ele’s are now the 4th most mobile class in game? Above Engineers, Necros, Guardians and Mesmers you’re telling me?

So they are the mid ground, but also offer other things warriors+thieves+rangers can’t? Sounds like…like… A jack of all trades to me.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT