IMO, Ele is dead - 30th April Patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

So wait, Ele’s are now the 4th most mobile class in game? Above Engineers, Necros, Guardians and Mesmers you’re telling me?

So they are the mid ground, but also offer other things warriors+thieves+rangers can’t? Sounds like…like… A jack of all trades to me.

Well jack of all trades doesnt mean mediocre at everything..It means good at everything but not best at anything..If ele is middle at mobility then its mediocre :P
Lol..regardless you dont go just like that in a patch and kill a playstyle thousands of people have loved (d/d in wvw)
Now its melee ,its slow ,it gets outruned and it dies.
Getting outruned is fine if you arent pure melee with no weaponswap to get any range

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

So wait, Ele’s are now the 4th most mobile class in game? Above Engineers, Necros, Guardians and Mesmers you’re telling me?

So they are the mid ground, but also offer other things warriors+thieves+rangers can’t? Sounds like…like… A jack of all trades to me.

Oh come on! What other things are we talking about here?

Damage? Ele is at the bottom.

Survivability? Healing got nerfed, condition cleansing got nerfed, cantrips got nerfed, armor and health are the lowest compared to any other class.

CC? Rarely used in WvWvW apparently, seeing as how all the anti-Ele QQ was from people who don’t know how to CC 3.25 second skills.

Half the classes have more AND better gap closers/creators than the Ele ever did, even with a 20s 1550 bugged range RtL. For those classes that DON’T have the ability to range their opponent, they have inherent survivability characteristics like more health, armor, blocking skills, CC, etc.

The Elementalist is a light armored class, with a weapon set designed for melee (D/D). How does the lightest armored, lowest health class survive in melee? It used to be a combination of healing and being able to escape when things went south. Which makes sense, kind of like an F-22 Raptor fighting an M1 Abrahams tank. When the jet is airborne and mobile, its almost guaranteed to win. When its on the tarmac with chocks in front of the landing gear, its got no chance.

ANet has to decide how they want Eles to fight. They’re an AoE class with an artificial cap on AoE, and regardless of which weapons you’re using, the Ele has lower mobility than classes wearing plate armor and wielding greatswords!

Pistol this next questions aren’t just addressed to you, but to the community as a whole and ANet specifically:

How is the Elementalist supposed to survive a battle with the removal of mobility, healing, and condition cleansing; not to mention the potential effects of the addition of boon hate? What class mechanics and skills does the Elementalist have that realistically give it an edge over the competition (i.e. blocks, stealth, distortion, illusions, death shroud, etc.)?

For the second part, please refrain from hyperbole and stupidity. All classes have access to heals, utility skills and boons, so those obviously don’t factor in to the equation, which is why I mentioned class/weapon specific abilities.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

blah blah blah etc etc etc…

This post makes it obviously clear that you DO NOT play too many other classes. Please, just stop!

My guardian can never keep up with my ele…doesn’t matter how hard he tries.

This entire sub-forum is full of l2play issue.

PS: Just because someone finds your lack of skill, and knowledge hilarious…doesn’t immediately make them a “troll”.

If you played other classes as you preach, you’d realize that ranger and thief were indeed more mobile than eles even before rtl nerf. Wars have a hard time with swiftness though, so I wouldn’t consider them mobile. Maybe if you decide to go with a boon war so you can keep up Signet of Rage boons they are.

And disregarding hard calculations without any argument besides “but I can’t do it” usually isn’t ta very strong argument.

Everything looks nice on paper…doesn’t it?

Yes the Ele looks good on paper but as someone who plays all classes I can say it’s not in reality. You have a serious L2 kitten ue, go and actually play the other classes to understand the real issues, you probably don’t play many of them or you are just a terrible player.

You are the one that needs to Learn to Play.

Yea…for someone who plays 7/8 classes daily…I don’t play many classes. I wish I could play 12 classes.

“Yes the Ele looks good on paper but as someone who plays all classes I can say it’s not in reality.”; that statement made me burst out laughing, not even lying.

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

This post makes it obviously clear that you DO NOT play too many other classes. Please, just stop!

PS: Just because someone finds your lack of skill, and knowledge hilarious…doesn’t immediately make them a “troll”.

If you played other classes as you preach, you’d realize that ranger and thief were indeed more mobile than eles even before rtl nerf. Wars have a hard time with swiftness though, so I wouldn’t consider them mobile. Maybe if you decide to go with a boon war so you can keep up Signet of Rage boons they are.

And disregarding hard calculations without any argument besides “but I can’t do it” usually isn’t ta very strong argument.

Yes the Ele looks good on paper but as someone who plays all classes I can say it’s not in reality. You have a serious L2 kitten ue, go and actually play the other classes to understand the real issues, you probably don’t play many of them or you are just a terrible player.

Yea…for someone who plays 7/8 classes daily…I don’t play many classes. I wish I could play 12 classes.

“Yes the Ele looks good on paper but as someone who plays all classes I can say it’s not in reality.”; that statement made me burst out laughing, not even lying.

It’s funny how in all of your posts you never provided any kind of information, never offered something to promote discussion or even offer constructive critisism. When you learn proper manners and how to properly have a conversation, eg when you grow up, maybe people will take you more seriously.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

Whoever is doing balance doesnt even play the elementalist.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheBandit.7031

TheBandit.7031

The elementalist has one big advantage over every other class: Superior mobility and escaping. Basically, that’s gone. I guess on the bright side, at least the ele has an almost unkillable Earth Elemental now. But yeah, that’s it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I know that when specced for bunker guardians and thieves (too bad for them they can’t cap using it :p) can have better survivability than eles, but what about other classes? I’m just curious where ele falls in all categories. I hear ranger is getting big…

Nice on paper, even nicer in practice.

(edited by Navzar.2938)

in Elementalist

Posted by: morastarna.6294

morastarna.6294

now I know why I am told I am better then most ele’s…because most eles are horrible. Two skills change and the QQ’s of the class is broken. Maybe you are just bad. The class is fine.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

It’s funny how in all of your posts you never provided any kind of information, never offered something to promote discussion or even offer constructive critisism. When you learn proper manners and how to properly have a conversation, eg when you grow up, maybe people will take you more seriously.

I like how you tell me to “grow up” after you assume and claim I’m either “terrible” (lol…cause I’m the one sitting here crying about ele nerfs…right?), or don’t play many classes (possibly ele too – lol), and suggest I go “Learn to Play”. Get bent!

now I know why I am told I am better then most ele’s…because most eles are horrible. Two skills change and the QQ’s of the class is broken. Maybe you are just bad. The class is fine.

Cherish this feeling…you’re one of the rare ones who isn’t terrible at the class.

(edited by Kurow.6973)