Improvement on my future build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

Hi guys, I’m finally getting on the crafting of a full set of ascended gear, and I plan on changing my build quite a bit.
which is right here:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAoYhMM6c24wwBf0AGAC5qDbGORgDjeB-T1RBABdcCAYRPAN7PklyvzUCOq6PA8AAIFwFLjA-w
I do plan on changing my daggers for ascended (probably soldier), but my weaponsmith is not yet at 500 and all my resources and money is currently going into the gear.
The sigils will stay the same however.

I’m mostly doing WvW either roaming or zerging I prefer the former though and I plan to build for that specifically.
I know the stats I need to aim for are around
2200 power
2300-2600 toughness
16k health

With the current build I plan on doing I’m getting to those numbers, and even greater, but I still have a couple of questions.
First: my third utility skills.
I have no idea what to put. In zerg I’m using signet of air, but it’s not the best for roaming. I usually switch between Armor of earth (cooldown is a huge turn off despite how much I love it) and mist form (which is decent at best, I don’t like the fact that I’m unable to attack with it) and I’d like an input on what you guys usually use.

Second: My traits.
First, I do like how they are, I get decent might (around 10-15 alone) and I don’t feel like arcane (which seems to be the default choice of many) is something I’m missing out.
However, I feel like my crit chance is lacking, and I’m wondering if I should switch the points I put in earth to air with zephyr’s boon.

Third: The gear
It is related to my second question, whereas I feel quite alright regarding Power toughness and vit, but is precision (and crit chance) important for a roaming ele? Would it truly change the outcome of a battle to lower my vit/toughness/power to get more crit chance, if yes, which gear should I replace for the best outcome possible?

If you have any more remarks concerning my future build, feel free to tell me. I’m far from an expert, and I love hearing constructive criticism.

I know it’s like I’m asking you for a full build, and usually I love testing my own creations, however ascended is a step I can only make once and even then it will take quite some time and ressources. I don’t feel like I have what I need to fully test any builds freely until I reach the best outcome possible for my playstyle which is why I’m asking for your help.
Thank you

(edited by Pepsi.8907)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

My first thought is: why not use the cantrip cooldown reduction? You have plenty of condition removal and regeneration so Soothing Wave isn’t really needed. It’ll also reduce the cooldown of Burning Fire.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: amaranthined.5167

amaranthined.5167

First off, do you have guard stacks? If you take a camp at the start of roaming or even just knock out some tower guards, you should have max guard stacks in a flash and that will increase your stats by 2500hp/100 power. If you do have guard stacks, take those into account even though it’s not an option on build editor.

Personally, I think you’re running far more toughness/hp than you need for a roaming build. D/D ele excels in burst damage for roaming and it doesn’t seem like you have much of it. In addition, the lack of any points into Arcane means you’ll be sitting at the base attunement recharge rate of 13 seconds – you’ll probably be stuck auto-attacking in longer fights. I would at the very least recommend putting 4 into Arcane for Elemental Attunement, the boons/fury on swap are huge and your Cleansing Water will be able to proc on Water attunement. Right now your only regen procs are getting crit hit or using a cantrip – if fighting a full condi build, they’re not likely to crit, and having to pop your cantrips for a condi cleanse seems silly.

I would also suggest swapping Spell Slinger for Internal Fire. The 3 stacks of might are nothing you can’t get off your Sigil of Battle and are not worth taking over +10% flat damage increase for fire. You don’t need a toughness food if you’re keeping the Soldiers trinkets, you’ve got waaaay more toughness than you need.

Lastly, while you’re still using the build editor, play around with your armour/gear mix. Full Celestial’s far from optimal, and outside of PvP where you don’t get a choice, taking advantage of the option to mix gear will usually be much better for your stats.

I run more generic traiting for roaming I guess, but this is my build (with full guard stacks): http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAoYhcM6cW5wwBf0APACxhvE+IQ5qJfC-TVTDABos/Qg6AmRdAYURYTVKeSJ2LqgAlyjKeAAgoFAATQKoEUiTAQAAEgdGAkQL0szhuzhuzECY0CA-w

Henge of Denravi [VLK]
Zvezdana & Dana Uses Splash; Elementalist // Evegeniya; Engineer // Melinoe; Necromancer

(edited by amaranthined.5167)

in Elementalist

Pepsi.8907

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it
Taking into account all of what you said I tweaked things a bit and came up with this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAoYhMM6c24wwBf0AEAC5qFjGOQhFjmB-T1RMwAA0DgY/BXKhap8ZnSw7qsgWdCSBonyI-w

Overall I do feel more satisfied, I did not, however, put 4 into arcana a amarathined recommended, maybe it will backfire in the future, however I don’t feel like the default 13 second has ever cause me problem.
I changed my water I to cantrip cooldown reduction
swapped spell slinger for internal fire
changed my toughness food for a precision one
and mixed my gear a bit more.
No I do not have the guard stacks yet, I never saw that I could have them until too late and must wait until I have enough points.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

For your new build, I’m a bit curious why you chose Cleansing Wave. Because not only do you already have plenty of condition removal, if you’d use Soothing Disruption, you’d get a condition removal on each cantrip (due to Cleansing Water).

And that’s in addition to the extra regen and vigor.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Pepsi.8907

I went back and saw that you were right!
I miss clicked probably and didn’t double checked, I did intend on having soothing disruption instead of cleansing wave.
Thanks a lot!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

if I were you i’d lose the force sigil and take energy instead.

I would also take 2 points from Earth and Water and put them into Arcane for perma Vigor and boons on attunement swaps.

I would also completely rework your trait points in Water and go with Piercing Shards (Cone of Cold does surprisingly good damage here) and Cleansing Wave.
Soothing Wave and Disruption boon durations are far too low to be useful in my opinion.

By going into Arcane you also get Fury often.