Incoming ele trait changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: makku.2508

makku.2508

Is the sky always falling with many of you? I read nerf nowhere in the conversation!

You do not have to read nerf anywhere for ANet to apply nerfs.

GW2 Balancing nomenclature:

a) We nerf something by absurd amounts (like increase cooldown by a 100% and cut damage in half): Call it a ‘nerf’.

b) We nerf something by a small amount (think of a 5% damage nerf): Call it ‘untouched’.

c) We don’t nerf something (as in, no change at all): Call it a ‘buff’.

There you go, maybe you can figure out now .

There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.

in Elementalist

Posted by: innocent ouarior.1954

innocent ouarior.1954

I sadly have to support the fear here. So far everything Anet did on Elem class went strickly against what they said, not even slightly away from the intent but purely AGAINST what they’v announced.

And yeah, Byron’s sig pretty much sums it even if there is much more to quote.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

So people really are being serious heh? Sorry, but it happes that all elementalist’ nerfs so far were spot on, and absolutely needed.

And fact is, you can’t really nerf cantrip bunker eles without affecting other viable build, because rtl, mist form and the water trait are widely used. What other builds need is buffs to underused traits, which is what will happen.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Anet should nerf my burst build ele. I have to admit it is overpowered specially against new/intermediate players with its massive damage and survivability. I’m praying with new traits change I can enhance my build even further.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I would love to see this overpowered build you keep prattling on about in every single thread but have yet to back up your claims with any pics or videos with, or even give details about for that matter. Ya know what they say, pics or it didn’t happen. My guess is you’re a thief who just wants to get us nerfed even further and have never even touched the elementalist profession.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

I sadly have to support the fear here. So far everything Anet did on Elem class went strickly against what they said, not even slightly away from the intent but purely AGAINST what they’v announced.

So eles get the one nerf patch that brings them into line EIGHT MONTHS after release and it’s a knee-jerk reaction? That’s gotta be a Guinness world record of slow reflexes.

Sorry, no. All ele nerfs in late April were WELL overdue. Anyone with a brain could see that. The only ones who don’t like it at this point just can’t play without their OP. Ele is still a very strong and extremely versatile class.

Try and make an argument for consistent burst cleansing of all your conditions at will, or a bugged RtL that travelled 350 further than it should have and was on a shorter cooldown than any other movement skill of its type. You can’t. The only thing I’ve seen out of these forums is, “QQ but it was my fav way to play!” … yeah, you and about 99% of the other eles who ever went into PvP of any sort. D/D bunker was overplayed for a reason.

They took their time and identified the EXACT sources of the d/d bunker build’s OP; its insane movement and ability to purge conditions like they weren’t even part of the game. I’m surprised it took them so long, actually.

I can’t believe there are still so many tears and fears over people losing their OP though. Amazing. Be positive guys. Since the exact problems of the ele have been sniped, they can now look to buff some of the weaker traits in order to make things interesting. There would have been no reason to buff anything in the ele’s arsenal back in April.

in Elementalist

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

So eles get the one nerf patch that brings them into line EIGHT MONTHS after release and it’s a knee-jerk reaction? That’s gotta be a Guinness world record of slow reflexes.

Sorry, no. All ele nerfs in late April were WELL overdue. Anyone with a brain could see that. The only ones who don’t like it at this point just can’t play without their OP. Ele is still a very strong and extremely versatile class.

Try and make an argument for consistent burst cleansing of all your conditions at will, or a bugged RtL that travelled 350 further than it should have and was on a shorter cooldown than any other movement skill of its type. You can’t. The only thing I’ve seen out of these forums is, “QQ but it was my fav way to play!” … yeah, you and about 99% of the other eles who ever went into PvP of any sort. D/D bunker was overplayed for a reason.

They took their time and identified the EXACT sources of the d/d bunker build’s OP; its insane movement and ability to purge conditions like they weren’t even part of the game. I’m surprised it took them so long, actually.

I can’t believe there are still so many tears and fears over people losing their OP though. Amazing. Be positive guys. Since the exact problems of the ele have been sniped, they can now look to buff some of the weaker traits in order to make things interesting. There would have been no reason to buff anything in the ele’s arsenal back in April.

Repeat after me – virtually nobody in context of the gaming population plays pvp – so most comments won’t be regarding that. (I’m actually wrong here – the same 500 or so posters prattle on about PvP like it’s something holy… but it’s always the same people.)

Also, you’ll find that we don’t all want to be D/D bunkers. We want options – so far every single update has removed options, and channeled people into the bunker spec.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DarkSider.1079

DarkSider.1079

I hope you’re right and the unused stuff is buffed and it doesn’t directly impact the most widely used build for the sake of “trying to make you play our way, not your way” type of deal.

It would be nice for some changes to other traits, i’d test them out…

…again, would be nice to save builds or have ability to switch builds/weapons/armor in game much easier with templates. Just sayin’.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Repeat after me – virtually nobody in context of the gaming population plays pvp – so most comments won’t be regarding that. (I’m actually wrong here – the same 500 or so posters prattle on about PvP like it’s something holy… but it’s always the same people.)

Also, you’ll find that we don’t all want to be D/D bunkers. We want options – so far every single update has removed options, and channeled people into the bunker spec.

Very true indeed. Every single patch has forced more eles into dnd bunker spec.

Simply put , if u lose to an ele who is not dnd, you are bad. Really bad. They need to fix that view

Increase staff viability in the self defenses department.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

what about no? why ignoring what they did to D/D….its simply unfun now.

Make D/D PLAYSTYLE again what it used to be in www* and pve
For what i care they can set healing to 10% in pvp…..

While doing that revert some excessive nerfs made to staff in the past…

People like to talk about eles original design and stuff while what we have today is just a result of a long sum of nerfs to everything…and not an aware design.

Old ele players could remember……

But they will just nerf zephyr boons and add some random small buff to another weaponset nobody use…..possibly focus doubling the damage of fire wall.

*Bunker roamers in www are useless so don t even try please….even anet said ele was not a www issue.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

what about no? why ignoring what they did to D/D….its simply unfun now.

Make D/D PLAYSTYLE again what it used to be in www* and pve
For what i care they can set healing to 10% in pvp…..

While doing that revert some excessive nerfs made to staff in the past…

People like to talk about eles original design and stuff while what we have today is just a result of a long sum of nerfs to everything…and not an aware design.

Old ele players could remember……

But they will just nerf zephyr boons and add some random small buff to another weaponset nobody use…..possibly focus doubling the damage of fire wall.

*Bunker roamers in www are useless so don t even try please….even anet said ele was not a www issue.

They aren’t going to nerf zephyr boons its a good trait its not god mode.

I will put down 20 gold that zephyrs boon is not getting nerfed.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Well, since the last epic-nerf I made a guardian which is now lv 50.
It doesn’t do much damage yet but it can still survive in WvW as well as my lv 80 maxed out ele and doesnt “feel” nerfed. The traits bonus are much better, some of the traits are identical to ele traits, but better. The unique elites are way better as well.

Just saying… that upcoming trait fix will determine whether or not I play my ele again.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DarkSider.1079

DarkSider.1079

I believe their intention is fix what isn’t used and make it better and more useful; hopefully that doesn’t mean break what isn’t broken and nerf things that were useful into oblivion.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

I believe their intention is fix what isn’t used and make it better and more useful; hopefully that doesn’t mean break what isn’t broken and nerf things that were useful into oblivion.

You mean like every other time because people were crying?

Interestingly I see invincible rangers and guardians (“OP” for the same reason we were) but I see no crying now… maybe all Eles should just boycott the gemstore until they get us the fix we need and deserve. Might also wanna fix warrior while they are at it.

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in Elementalist

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I hope they do something radical like rearrange the trait lines so that we could have a toughness line like guardian.

in Elementalist

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

So eles get the one nerf patch that brings them into line EIGHT MONTHS after release and it’s a knee-jerk reaction?

You forget the months where RtL and Magnetic Grasp have been unbreakable 3-second self-stuns and every patch “finally solved” that problem.

Try and make an argument for consistent burst cleansing of all your conditions at will

Simple. Since conditions are armor-ignoring, there are 2 forms of defense against conditions: high health pool and cleansing. Since eles don’t have the former, clensing is the only viable option.

or a bugged RtL that travelled 350 further than it should have and was on a shorter cooldown than any other movement skill of its type.

The range fix is justified, but even BEFORE that bug-fix and cd-nerf there have been better skills around. Rush has also 1200 range, 20s cooldown and since it is affected by movement speed modifiers, it has 1600 range under Swiftness. Ranger Swoop is even better: 1100 range (1466 with swiftness) on 12 second cooldown.

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

For a long time they’ve been under the assumption that Water/Arcane is so good that it’s eclipsing the other builds. They are wrong. They can keep nerfing Water/Arcane but that won’t change the way people play the Elementalist. This won’t change because, simply put, the other alternatives are terrible.

Fire is bad because it only buffs/effects fire. On a class that’s balanced around the fact we have 3 other attunements to call upon this is just shoddy and poor design. Air is an odd tree because it’s best traits are in Adept and everything else is terrible or meh. The only reason to spec deep into it is for the Crit/Crit Dmg. Earth is an “so close and yet so far” tree. It has the makings of a solid Signet/Condition build but trait locations and general poor design of Signets makes it simply not viable.

This leaves Water/Arcane as our only real options simply by virtue of a lack of universally viable alternatives. We have plenty of other situational builds that work well in very specific scenarios (such as 30/30/0/10/0 is great at keep siege/defense but terrible in roaming WvW) but very few multi-use builds that don’t end up with a 0/0/0/30/20 base.

I’d love for them to sort out Fire and make some of it’s benefits apply to other attunements. I’d love for them to add in higher end Air traits that encourage different and/or alter game play instead of just being a secondary tree. More than anything I’d love for them to sort out Earth’s issues and make Signets more competitive with Cantrips (stunbreaker…) while making conditions a viable alternative. The facts are that we’ve been hearing these same Devs go on and on for months about Trait changes that are needed and they have yet to deliver or acknowledge any specific issues outside of generic BS that tells us nothing.

We’re just as likely to get some invariably useless buffs to Glyphs in Air as we are anything actually cool. One thing you can count on is as you saw with Engineers (Kit Refinement) they give you a bunch of stuff in one hand while reaping some of the better stuff you have with the other.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

(edited by Kodiak.3281)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I think the problem with how anet does changes.
Anet is determined to make both PvP and PvE balance perfectly together. Which as we all know from other PvP mmo’s is like catching the wind with your hands.

Sooner anet accepts that if it wants to make the classes the way they want it they are gonna have to make changes that only effects 1 side. then they can cater to the peoples needs.

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

Oh great more ele nerfs. Thanks for nothing Anet!