Irenio/Roy appreciation thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

you’re wrong. all those changes are perfect and fair. the might on cantrips could have been left at 1 per cantrip but oh well, people will just switch the grandmaster for extra might.

Nerfs were needed, but as per usual anet went overboard, instead of carefully toning down some skills/trait they applied hammer to them.

What was not needed and is definitely NOT FAIR is the Renewing Stamina nerf. What in the name of god were they thinking?

“Other classes got 5sec vigor on 10 sec cd on minor trait! Eles major trait needs to be in line with them!!!”

How is that reasoning valid? It’s strong major trait that is needed, stronger active defense for passively squishiest class of all sounds perfectly reasonable, especially since it was major not minor trait.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

And another thread that linked to Roy’s tweet got removed…

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

Are they actively trying to hide that he was unprofessional and clearly biased when it came to class changes? It is too late, it is on the internet.

edit: biased. Not unbiased lol.

(edited by Senario.2038)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Are they actively trying to hide that he was unprofessional and clearly unbiased when it came to class changes? It is too late, it is on the internet.

Yup, the devs basically gave us a mid finger and told us to suck it and now the mods are trying to silence us from complaining about such unprofessional and, in my opinion, offensive behaviour.

Deletions are also being made without any notice or anything. Just silencing the masses.

Stay classy ANET, stay classy.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Ice Storm now does half the damage per impact as lava font. For anything but a really large hitbox single target (so not affected by target number reductions and the like), it’s just not worth it.

Shatterer, Claw of Jormag, Tequatl, Fire Elemental, MKII Golem, Wurms, that’s basically it.

Everything else you’re basically much better off just using lava font, and even on those targets.. it might not be worth using your utility slot for because it won’t be THAT much more damage.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

To never be used again. Tempest better be worth it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikaido.6739

Nikaido.6739

When I see a title like this…. I don’t know which annoyed me more, the unnecessary over-nerf? (with unprofessional attitude) or a buffoon thread title like this…. people outside elementalist class might think we love being sabotaged.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

When I see a title like this…. I don’t know which annoyed me more, the unnecessary over-nerf? (with unprofessional attitude) or a buffoon thread title like this…. people outside elementalist class might think we love being sabotaged.

Nah, you’re just being a class fanboi. This is an appreciation thread for those (and ONLY for those) who enjoyed the long overdue fix for Ice Bow soberany, and D/D immortality. Now there isn’t a single reason for not adding strong damage/healing to elite specs, as it is no longer OVERPOWER. Eles are finally on pair with all the other classes, only squishier, but surely yesterday’s balance patch wasn’t the final one.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

The squishiest class SHOULD put out the most damage. It should be a high risk, high reward

If it does the same damage, it should also have the same survivability.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

Nah, you’re just being a class fanboi. This is an appreciation thread for those (and ONLY for those) who enjoyed the long overdue fix for Ice Bow soberany, and D/D immortality. Now there isn’t a single reason for not adding strong damage/healing to elite specs, as it is no longer OVERPOWER. Eles are finally on pair with all the other classes, only squishier, but surely yesterday’s balance patch wasn’t the final one.

You do know it goes both ways right? You’re being a Developer Fanboy and not realizing that the tweet plus the subsequent “joke” as you put it is simply unprofessional and not what you want to see from the company making the game.

Even more so because it really looks like the devs in charge of balance are not impartial and are very biased.

Also, calling somebody else “fanboy” is just about the lamest way to dismiss other people’s arguments as not important.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

You do know it goes both ways right? You’re being a Developer Fanboy and not realizing that the tweet plus the subsequent “joke” as you put it is simply unprofessional and not what you want to see from the company making the game.

Even more so because it really looks like the devs in charge of balance are not impartial and are very biased.

Also, calling somebody else “fanboy” is just about the lamest way to dismiss other people’s arguments as not important.

Nope. I just thought it was a funny way to announce the nerf, and people are living a drama here, as if the class relied only on a single skill from a single conjure, which IMO is an immature attitude anyways.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer