Is Arcane Wave supposed to do no damage?

in Elementalist

Posted by: PuffballPink.6035

PuffballPink.6035

I just started playing Ele, and I noticed Arcane Wave does a lot less damage than stated. The tooltip says the damage is over 300, but the actual damage is around 130. This happens even in zones where I’m not downleveled. Has anyone else noticed this?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sharpe.1485

Sharpe.1485

It’s in our bug thread I think… either the tooltip is wrong or the damage is wrong…

Who cares really – we’re probably get get Glyph of Elementals nerfed as the next patch only reference to elementalists

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taikanaru.5746

Taikanaru.5746

Yeah… My tooltip states 856 but I do half of that with it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

never trust the tooltips… thats main problem imo :/ you never know if skill is broken or tooltip is wrong…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aenaenon.8297

Aenaenon.8297

Once you level up some you will see its damage increase significantly, especially if you stack crit damage (it autocrits). If you are going to use it early on, the best way to use it is probably to pop it in a fire field for area might and a bit of damage and not try to use it as a finisher.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

I agree with the above poster. At cap, it does reasonable damage.

What makes it useful is that it’s a blast finisher, it’s a cantrip (can use it while CC’ed or during other channelled spells, and it’s a quick casting untargetted way of tagging mobs around you.

It’s a part of the S/D might stacking chain, and it gives staff another much needed blast finisher to go with Evasive Arcana.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

Arcane Wave isn’t a cantrip but you can use it while cc’d or during other spells. You can do that with all the arcane skills.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

in Elementalist

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

Atm either the description is bugged.. Or the code is. Already reported it at bugpost yeah. For some reason arcane blast and arcane wave hit he same even though he description says wave should hit 50% more, so its kinda obvious

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: rainbowstylin.1358

rainbowstylin.1358

Sort of off topic: I don’t see the logic behind Wave hitting for more when it’s an AoE :/ It’s already hitting for more if you’re using it effectively anyways.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Logic for more damage is propably that it´s melee range skill

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Elementalist

Posted by: rainbowstylin.1358

rainbowstylin.1358

Ah my bad, didn’t even cross my mind. I play D/D so figures…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Meh. Even if it doesn’t do the very high listed damage, it still does quite a bit, and the fact that you can use it any time without interrupting anything else you’re doing is awesome. Not to mention Blast finisher.

Bugged or not, its still a great attack.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

Skills do different damage against different targets. Why would Arcane Wave be any different?