Is it viable?

Is it viable?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stubie.5834

Stubie.5834

Is s/f fresh air build viable in pve? 0/6/0/4/4 build is decent in spvp but wondering if in full zerker if it would do enough dmg in dungeons.

Is it viable?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Anything damaging is viable, I’d say, unless you’re trying to like speed run or something.

I run celestial with my own build in PVE and it deals plenty of damage. I’ve even had some people compliment me on the damage I was dealing.

So yeah just as long as you find yourself dealing plenty of damage, you should be good. But it depends on how hardcore of runs you’re planning on doing.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Is it viable?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

That’s a terrible trait point allocation for PvE actually. The thread title has the word viable in it which means “capable of working.” In that sense, obviously it is capable of working. Everything is, even no-armor no-dodge soloing.

But generally speaking you should always be heavily investing into the fire/air magic trait lines in PvE.

Persisting flames, for example, is one of the most valuable traits an ele has and it’s a grandmaster major in fire.

Is it viable?

in Elementalist

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Fresh air is a burst spec, but the dps is horrible. It’s probably less than a ranger pet in the long run. Some specs use fresh air for extra damage, like d/f, but scepter in pve is always coupled with conjures, meaning investment in other traitlines than air.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Is it viable?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stubie.5834

Stubie.5834

Less dmg then a Rangers pet? That seems a bit unlikely but I’ll take your word for it. I spec’d it up last night and ran a fractal. Dps seemed ok, easy might stacking and good support. It’s sooo much fun to play thought but I guess I’ll go back to staff

Is it viable?

in Elementalist

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

The trait allocation is what I use against mordrems : trait X in water is very appreaciated when fighting mordrems that apply tormet like mad.

However coupling this allocation with scepter is IMO a very poor choice. Burst builds are hardly capable of working in PvE because your target will resist your burst. As other said, to have steady damage with scepter, you need a conjure and conjures are upgraded by investing in the fire line.

What you can try to use this :
6/0/0/4/4 with S/D or S/F -> You will have persisting flames and conjurer traits to boost yourself and allies and your hammer will last long enough for your blasts skills to recharge.

Of course the classic dungeon scepter conjure meta build can work though it requires a lot of finesse, espacially vs mordrems.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Is it viable?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

The trait allocation is what I use against mordrems : trait X in water is very appreaciated when fighting mordrems that apply tormet like mad.

However coupling this allocation with scepter is IMO a very poor choice. Burst builds are hardly capable of working in PvE because your target will resist your burst. As other said, to have steady damage with scepter, you need a conjure and conjures are upgraded by investing in the fire line.

What you can try to use this :
6/0/0/4/4 with S/D or S/F -> You will have persisting flames and conjurer traits to boost yourself and allies and your hammer will last long enough for your blasts skills to recharge.

Of course the classic dungeon scepter conjure meta build can work though it requires a lot of finesse, espacially vs mordrems.

You don’t take 0 in air… having like no crit chance at all is bad in PvE. What’s the point in going 4 in water? Prolonging the outcome of a fight is worthless, you don’t need it for cleansing torment… just use ether renewal heal if it really bothers you that much.

It’s better to slot a more efficient healing skill than to waste traits.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Is it viable?

in Elementalist

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Less dmg then a Rangers pet? That seems a bit unlikely but I’ll take your word for it. I spec’d it up last night and ran a fractal. Dps seemed ok, easy might stacking and good support. It’s sooo much fun to play thought but I guess I’ll go back to staff

The dps is horrible because you have no auto attack with scepter. After using your damaging fire burst and the fresh air proc, you have nothing to deal damage. Air 1 hits pitifully low, and the others are even worse. In pve, as you want sustained dps as well as burst, you use scepter as a burst set, blow your damaging cooldowns, then use a conjure, lightning hammer, to gain access to a highly damaging auto attack. If you enjoy the scepter play, try to get used to LH. You won’t use fresh air, for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post, though.
Hope this clarifies.

Ps: the ranger pet was more of a funny comparison, but it would be worth to do the maths. It’s probably not so far.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Is it viable?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

The main advantage of S/F Fresh Air in PvP is the burst. But if you use it, you know as much as everybody that the auto-attack is terrible.

For PvE, its the same things. A good burst, but nothing in-between. So the main goal of a S/F build for PvE is to stack might while doing a burst, and then using a Lighting Hammer to replace your terrible auto-attack. In that case, you don’t want to use Fresh Air.

There is PvE build using Fresh Air, but it’s the D/F build, not a S/D.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD