Is now our chance to have our voices heard?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mobott.5908

Mobott.5908

Many here have complained that Anet isn’t commenting on the Elementalist forum and doesn’t seem to be listening to us. Well, since Anet is doing AMAs next week, we might finally be able to get an idea of what Anet is trying to do with the class.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

Giving water atunement better dps alternatives I hope! While ele can already do good dps I don’t like being forced into being in fire/air to do it.
If i spec into dps i want to do good dps, I am aware it will make the heals worthless and am willing to give that up in order to have the combat cosmetics i desire.

in Elementalist

Posted by: boozer.7815

boozer.7815

/agree with the Water Attunement request. Every Attunement should have good dps potential and that includes Air Staff, which sucks right now for that.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

That’s what they said before the release, that no matter our playing style we wouldn’t be penalized for it…. But, sadly, it’s not like that! =(

My dreams of a watter or even earth dmg dealer still far… Unless I get uderwarter, then water atunements rock!

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

in Elementalist

Zaviel.1245

/agree with the Water Attunement request. Every Attunement should have good dps potential and that includes Air Staff, which sucks right now for that.

Right, as things are now air staff is only good for group encounters, make it usable single target by default but talent-able to re-create the chain. Make the chain lightning part a perk, or even make a perk to remove the chain effect to buff single target damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I think we should try to get our damage trees up to par before asking to make our best tree even stronger by making it a DPS alternative.

Throw in some survival traits into Fire and Air. Tempest Defense is a good skill, but alone it’s not even close to enough to keep a high burst ele alive longer than a few seconds.

I realize the whole point of a glass cannon is to do massive damage quickly but have no defense. But with the game set up as it is now, glass cannon elementalist is more like a suicide bomber. You WILL die in seconds even to a balanced build opponent. Or even a bunker. Likely before you can even get your burst off if the enemies are even paying attention! This is especially frustrating when you see other glass cannons running around with loads of defense built into their very core mechanics.

in Elementalist

Zaviel.1245

I think we should try to get our damage trees up to par before asking to make our best tree even stronger by making it a DPS alternative.

Throw in some survival traits into Fire and Air. Tempest Defense is a good skill, but alone it’s not even close to enough to keep a high burst ele alive longer than a few seconds.

I realize the whole point of a glass cannon is to do massive damage quickly but have no defense. But with the game set up as it is now, glass cannon elementalist is more like a suicide bomber. You WILL die in seconds even to a balanced build opponent. Or even a bunker. Likely before you can even get your burst off if the enemies are even paying attention! This is especially frustrating when you see other glass cannons running around with loads of defense built into their very core mechanics.

Use cantrips, or arcane spells to kill them before survivability becomes an issue. I do agree ele as a class is the highest “risk” class, it is also the softest. The main issue is that we have 3 viable builds, most builds are pretty much the same anyway.
1)DD Assassin, most ele that have given on on staff go DD. Massive damage and control.
2)Bunker, usually using DD.
3)Group Staff Build, called “group build” because using a staff solo puts you through 5x the work another class can plow through without thinking. When the party needs actual dps pull out your DD weapon set.
Notice a pattern?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Indeed Zaviel.

I enjoyed the D/D playstyle for a while. Until my Burning Speed broke (About half the time the explosion happens at the START of the fire trail, not at the end. Meaning I basically just jetted toward an enemy and did zero opening damage, NOT GOOD. This also often ends in a wasted Fire Grab as my enemy won’t be burning when it hits.)

I’d like a more aggressive staff honestly. All that amazing AoE potential more or less ignored because if you’re caught alone you need to struggle to not die half the fight, as you’re just blatantly out damaged single target. That is the playstyle I made the elementalist to use. A ranged nuker that that throw down group support in a hairy situation.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Speeding up the projectiles a bit on the staff’s auto attacks would be a good start to be honest.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

I agree with ThiBash but don’t want to turn this into a suggestion thread. Perhaps just some general questions like the following would be a good place to start…

a) Are they going to look into serious class fixes and balancing soon
b) The loss and buggy nature of combo finishers post patch
c) Staff/Focus/Elite skills need a buff
d) Trait synergies need looking into for more build variety
e) Do you freaking hate Elementalists or what?
f) What is their view and future plans for the Elementalist

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Maybe I can answer E. The official statement will be: “No, we don’t.” Behind the scenes, the answer’s likely the same.mBecause even after all that’s happened recently, I cannot imagine the developers not caring about the game.

And now that I think of it, part of the answer of C could be: “Glyph of Elementals is fine, but we will tweak pet AI a bit to fix some common issues.”

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Many here have complained that Anet isn’t commenting on the Elementalist forum and doesn’t seem to be listening to us. Well, since Anet is doing AMAs next week, we might finally be able to get an idea of what Anet is trying to do with the class.

Honestly, I’m pessimistic. In the previous AMAs, ANet has pretty much just thrown out doublespeak when asked uncomfortable questions. So we can ask them about Eles all we want, but I really don’t think they’ll give a substantive reply. Maybe they’ll surprise me, but it would be a change in precedence.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Giving water atunement better dps alternatives I hope! While ele can already do good dps I don’t like being forced into being in fire/air to do it.
If i spec into dps i want to do good dps, I am aware it will make the heals worthless and am willing to give that up in order to have the combat cosmetics i desire.

Each element has its own flavour. The flavour of water is that it has the most skills that heal, and that it inflicts chill and vulnerability conditions.

If you want more DPS, water is just not for you. Fire and air are for DPS, fire and earth are for DoT. Water is for support/CC/healing.

While some individual skills may receive a damage boost, don’t hold your breath for water attunement to ever outdamage fire attunement. Except in aquatic combat, of course.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Regarding water attunement, perhaps it’s best to link to this other thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/The-Problem-with-Water-Air-Attunements/first#post783543

It actually contains suggestions to improve water (and air) attunements that do not disregard the attunement flavour.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

as i understand it, the variety of play styles needs to come from your weapon selection and build. you should not expect to play primarily as a water ele or air ele and expect to have the full repertoire of the class available to you. just my opinion.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

for what I’ve seen, Devs are keeping under control Mesmer and Necro’s forum. No traces of life anywhere else, so this AMA could be our chance -,-’

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

since Anet is doing AMAs next week

what’s AMA?

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)