Is your elementalist having trouble Dungeon groups

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

I have been having trouble getting into dungeon groups. Have on tried a couple times but no ones seems to want an elem on there team. Is anyone else having truoble grouping?

This didn’t bother me, I was going skip the dungeons all together with this class until I hit the last personal storyline (victory or death) quest which requires you to group in Arah’s Dungeon. Maybe I will stay up late this weekend. Join up a team that has 4 players and is tired of waiting for any melee character because to few players are online.

Who can blame them for wait for those mellee classes who can faceroll all PvE content by pressing 2…while reading a book.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

I dunno what troubles you’re having but they can’t be related to the ele profession itself, in PvE I’ve started selecting the professions I want in my dungeon teams with elementalist and guardians on top of my wishlist.

Never got a problem in getting into groups even several levels above me, despite using a staff I’ve found myself at the frontline most times than not to ress guardians and warriors who go down more easily compared to me, I especially love to fight along side another staff ele because we can wreck faces in no time

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

As an ele I am having exactly 0 trouble getting groups for dungeons (ive 100%’d 4/8 of them so far. And done at least 1 explorable and the story modes in all the others)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Not really. The only time I get refused is when it’s the typically “need guardian plzplzplz” (which I wouldn’t want to join anyway), other times (which is most of the time) I get in parties without problems.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

There’s a lot of really bad ele’s out there making the rest of us look bad.

I’ve seen so many that run into dungeons using a staff (never use a staff in dungeons) that don’t even have another weapon to switch to.

Anet make Rev great again.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Most players now use support ele so support ele are wellcome.

Other ele not so much in my experience…..they just relegated us in the “healer/support” role that shouldn t even exist in this game :| (for many reasons first of all the one that makes healer hard to find in other games).

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

I’ve seen so many that run into dungeons using a staff (never use a staff in dungeons) that don’t even have another weapon to switch to.

Excuse me what? Never use a staff in dungeons?
You have never done HoTW or CoE Im guessing.

This is coming from someone who rolls D/D every chance he gets, staff is absolutely critical for those dungeons unless you want to have a bad time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tranio.9243

Tranio.9243

Depends on how you play I suppose. I tend to not join those groups where warriors and guardians just use there “dps traits” only and you know who you are! it usually ends up them dying constantly. I myself play a mesmer and find it quite exciting to group with elementalists that drop those lovely weapons. Ive been grouping lately with ranger,Mesmer (me), ele, engineer, thief and we do quite well – I’d try a support role, I find it very fun to play.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

I agree with this, but…

lolwut?

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ender.3508

Ender.3508

Our guild has 2 lvl 80 Guardians. one of them was a pro-leet WoW vet who still has to resist the idea that he is some sort of unkillable tank and that there should be someone healing him always while he has aggro. The other is constantly experimenting with his traits, his utility, and his weapon abilities to find a synergy which benefits the entire group. You can guess which I’d rather have in my party.

It’s the same with ele. There are two ‘bad’ ones for dungeons. The back range fire/meteor/“dps” glass nerf gun, and the guy who thinks he can trait into water, stay in water and play “support” ele.

My guild never thinks that I don’t contribute on our runs, and even though I have little experience with some higher level dungeons, I’ve been complimented on my leadership and planning and adaptation for fights. I main my staff, but always carry a scepter and dagger into dungeons for the added utility. Unless it’s my first run of a dungeon, I’m usually coordinating the fight and facilitating communication.

We did our first AC run the other day with 0 team wipes and 0 resets, and it was my first time not wiping at all. We had a random (who had never done an ex dungeon and later joined our guild) who told me he felt prepared for the encounters, and in fact they felt a little easier than expected. I can’t take all or even the majority of the credit for this, but I know that on at least 3 occasions in the Kohler fight I saved 2 or more allies from his pull, and during Defend Detha at the turrets I was main caller and kept those kitten rangers from CC-locking us to death.

People who turn away ele’s are kitten plain and simple. A bad ele is no worse than a signet warrior or HS thief in dungeons.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
ex – The Midnight Syndicate [Dark]
Maguuma

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

To echo what a few others have said… lolwhat? Staff is so useful for dungeons I don’t even know where to start. First it’s ranged and being so squishy is a benefit for us. It has decent damage output and a combination of both straight and condition damage. It has tons of utility and support via combo fields and finishers, lots of CC, buffs (if you trait into the various boons), healing and cleansing. I can do anything and am so versatile, both of which are needed in dungeons.

I especially love to fight along side another staff ele because we can wreck faces in no time

This I’d have trouble with. I never liked grouping with another class of the same type as me in MMO’s. I like being the only one who can do certain things and it almost seems like the second person is just a waste of space if we’re using the same weapon – would be better to bring someone who can bring something new to the table. But then again, I have played healers most of the time in other MMO’s and we’re not exactly used to sharing. Too many years spent being a special you must bring me to your group and love me snowflake LOL. :\

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gulch.6291

Gulch.6291

Irony…. some people cannot see it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

Thieves too get refused. Both are seen as “constantly dead, useless in dungeons” classes.

People get surprised when they pay > 60s in repairs and I spend 6s in the same run though

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yayabingyi.2815

Yayabingyi.2815

No I haven’t had any problems, in fact the groups I’ve been in they have welcomed me because I can heal and cause DPS and kite when I need to. I’m switching between support and damage so I have no issues. Of course I use staff, so I’m not sure why someone would say staff is bad as I have no problems with that either.

I did see some kid asking people to report their classes, in map chat one time, while asking for more in his dungeon group and I assumed they might have been wanting to exclude certain classes so I just didn’t even bother and joined another group that was more than welcoming!

I’ve even been in groups with another Elementalist and believe me, there were several times we were the last two standing and able to revive others hehe.

in Elementalist

Posted by: hakurface.2619

hakurface.2619

Nope. 0 issues. There are bad ele’s out there giving us a bad name. Case and Point, I was running AC Path 2 with a terribad Ele. This guy never left Fire tune through the whole dungeon. He never switched to Water for CC, 2 quick heals, or to throw a quick stack of Vulnerability, never switched to earth for snare or bleed stacks. He basically stayed in Fire and spammed Lava Font & Fireball. That’s the definition of terribad. Most groups welcome us because of our Utility. Currently running 20/x/12/15/x and use Staff in dungeons and D/D in PvE