It's good to be an elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Spiderwick.1879

Spiderwick.1879

Hi guys, just wanted to share my thoughts with you. I follow the forums, mostly when at work, and my main is an ele. I do check all other class forums and such.

Lately, I’ve been playing other classes. I like to mix it. My first level 80 was a guardian, then a mesmer, then I discoverd the ELE. Boy, was that fun. By far the most fun playstyle. I had tons of fun, done PvE, done fractals, done WvW, done PvP. I like to play all parts of the game.

But, me being myself, I wanted to finally level a warior (tried 4 times, gave up every time). And I did, and it looked great estethicly, done great damage. But the playstyle.. God, so dull.

Sure, you do tons of damage, you’re wanted in all parts of the game, you look great, but… So boring and the game becomes so easy to play. I refuse to play my warior anymore. Dumbdownes the game.

So, just hit me – why do I have to play a class that is the best in fractals, or best roamer, or frontliner, etc. I’ll just play my ele for one reason- FUN!

Maybe if distance ourself from big numbers and stacks and such, and see ELE what it is… it’s not the best, but, its the most fun class (for me at least). I’ll just continue and do my best and try to get the max I can from Ele class. Even if that means I could get 1 shot or stomped or whatever. I’ll try to prevent it, but hey.. Playing an OP class was never my thing. Always loved the underdogs. Maybe with some changes will be really good again.

I know some people like to be doing as good as the top class, and hate being killed easily, or whatever. I know there are issues with the elementalist class. I’m well aware of all the bad things.

But hey, it’s still a game, and I want to play a class that is fun not boring and making the game easy mode.

Good to be an elementalist.

in Elementalist

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

I think most of the people on this forum would agree—ele is fun.

I think the general sentiment is that we would also like it to be rewarding. Whereas now, at least in sPvP—you’re basically treated like a Street Rat in Agrabah just for trying.

But one day, the devs will give us our genie

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in Elementalist

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

by far the most fun to play…..but how much more fun if it was more rewarding?

but we are what we are for the next 6 months until the next lame balance patch.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

I play most the classes and find ele to be the least fun. DD ele could be fun if they weren’t so underpowered compared to my other classes. If i want to do dmg I am way better off playing my thief mesmer or warrior than dd ele. Staff ele is probably the most boring class/wep set in the entire game. The other ele weps are awful as well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ray.3780

Ray.3780

I think it’s all based on opinion. I was initially super put off by having to learn and manage at least 20 skills, and it was like my 5th 80. I also hated all the weaponsets when I was leveling, dagger was high-risk, scepter just couldn’t hit anything, staff was boring, focus was clunky. All it took was a new trait last year that just kinda inspired me to really learn my Ele and …

Now it’s my favourite class, and nothing else feels as awesome as making 6-8 actions in less than a few seconds rolling through your attunements, and them all flowing into eachother seamlessly with smooth movements (even if the smart players simply block/invuln/dodge). Sure, other classes have such combos too, but it always feels clunkier and more limiting to me. I often find myself trying to switch attunements on other classes, lmao.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

It is not good to be an Ele…. It is AWESOME! . Any player that really loves the Mage type of professions from mmos will appreciate this class. I have played with all the other professions and none of them were as fun as the Ele for me. Personally the Ele excels on every area within pve and WvW. I admit in spvp it needs a bit of love but it is great in the hands of experienced players.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

kitten it feels good to be an ele.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

kitten it feels good to be an ele.

Kinda expecting a Rick Roll haha. But yeah it’s fun to play Ele.

If EC gets the same mechanics as EA and Blinding Ashes becomes an AoE blind (up to 3 targets as someone suggested, sorry I forgot who suggested that) then it’ll be even better!

in Elementalist

Relshdan.6854

I play most the classes and find ele to be the least fun. DD ele could be fun if they weren’t so underpowered compared to my other classes. If i want to do dmg I am way better off playing my thief mesmer or warrior than dd ele. Staff ele is probably the most boring class/wep set in the entire game. The other ele weps are awful as well.

well….i think most of us call it fun due to the very active, versatile, and deliberate play-style (though, i tend to agree that staff is much less fun than the other sets). the fact that it takes more effort to do what other classes can much easier can be a turn off for sure (or a bonus if you dig challenges).

of course it’s all subjective.

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Elementalist

Relshdan.6854

…..and Blinding Ashes becomes an AoE blind (up to 3 targets as someone suggested, sorry I forgot who suggested that) then it’ll be even better!

my 30/30/x/x/x Fresh-Air D/F ele salivates at the thought.

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Wish they’d remove the stupid CD on attunements..I mostly stay in fire anyways but switching to heal and having to wait is annoying.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Wish they’d remove the stupid CD on attunements..I mostly stay in fire anyways but switching to heal and having to wait is annoying.

Errr, but that’s the class mechanic of Elementalists D;

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

The gw2 elementalist is all that I fantasized the gw1 elementalist to be. played gw1 exclusivly as an elementalist for 5 years. Now with gw2 I’ve played the elementalist more in this one year than I’ve played elementalist in gw1 for 5 years combined

But Staff is quite nice too, running a tanky staff build in pvp now with my elementalist and I’ll never ever change the spec I’m in ever again. With all the AoE CC and burns and immunity to conditions while above 90% health and all the healing spells you can pop to stay above the 90% health
I can even hold my own in 1v1’s and stay alive when 5 are chasing me

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

What I like most about the elementalist is that we have options. We don’t have to pull off the same trick on every mob because of our limited skills. No, if we chain Fire-Earth-Water it’s a whole different ballgame than Fire-Water-Earth. Which is also why I like staff the most: the combo fields and finishers allow for a lot of options depending on which order you use them in.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MotherKitten.6795

MotherKitten.6795

What I like about ele is that as soon as I change weps it feels like I’m playing a different class so it never gets boring.

The Goderators have ruined this forum for me.

in Elementalist

Posted by: McFribble.2349

McFribble.2349

Staff Ele boring? It is the most skill based weapon set the class has to offer, since almost half of its attacks are pure skill shots.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Completely agree with you, I have 4 leveled 80s and the only one i ever play is the ele except in very specific situations, and even when i log on my engy im bored out of my mind in 10 minutes.

In spvp its a different story since you want to be useful to a team instead of having fun, but we are all hoping the patch will change this.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: lumidody.6581

lumidody.6581

100% agree. i love the playstyle and i cant even get myself to play as another class anymore cuz ele is just so fun not the best class in the game but the most fund. ele 4evaa!!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Ele is fun to play, but I think it would be much more fun if the animation is faster. Staff ele wastes a lot of time just for useless animation.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

My d/d ele is a lot of fun. It’s like playing an instrument. I often end up listening to “I will Survive” as a group of people chase me halfway across the map (WvW) screaming “KILL THE ELE!!!” XD

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Ele is fun to play, but I think it would be much more fun if the animation is faster. Staff ele wastes a lot of time just for useless animation.

Yes, i agree 100%. Some of the CD’s needs to be toned down in order to have the same cd’s as other classes.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

@OP

Ele is the top class in pve atleast.

And since ive gotten used to it its the class i have the most fun with and end up using for almost everything these days.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

When thieves pop Basilisk Venom, stealth skill and go for the backstab burst nonsense

Shocking Aura.
Denied.

Broski

in Elementalist

Posted by: CountzuCrytus.7256

CountzuCrytus.7256

Hi guys, just wanted to share my thoughts with you. I follow the forums, mostly when at work, and my main is an ele. I do check all other class forums and such.

Lately, I’ve been playing other classes. I like to mix it. My first level 80 was a guardian, then a mesmer, then I discoverd the ELE. Boy, was that fun. By far the most fun playstyle. I had tons of fun, done PvE, done fractals, done WvW, done PvP. I like to play all parts of the game.

But, me being myself, I wanted to finally level a warior (tried 4 times, gave up every time). And I did, and it looked great estethicly, done great damage. But the playstyle.. God, so dull.

Sure, you do tons of damage, you’re wanted in all parts of the game, you look great, but… So boring and the game becomes so easy to play. I refuse to play my warior anymore. Dumbdownes the game.

So, just hit me – why do I have to play a class that is the best in fractals, or best roamer, or frontliner, etc. I’ll just play my ele for one reason- FUN!

Maybe if distance ourself from big numbers and stacks and such, and see ELE what it is… it’s not the best, but, its the most fun class (for me at least). I’ll just continue and do my best and try to get the max I can from Ele class. Even if that means I could get 1 shot or stomped or whatever. I’ll try to prevent it, but hey.. Playing an OP class was never my thing. Always loved the underdogs. Maybe with some changes will be really good again.

I know some people like to be doing as good as the top class, and hate being killed easily, or whatever. I know there are issues with the elementalist class. I’m well aware of all the bad things.

But hey, it’s still a game, and I want to play a class that is fun not boring and making the game easy mode.

Good to be an elementalist.

To OP:
You and me tend to have a similar history, im someone that played most of the classes out there and do a fair mix of PVE/WvW/sPVP. If I were to rate the most fun class for me to play ele would probably be the top. I initially hated playing the war and found them entirely dull/boring to play. A Few months ago I leveled my warrior to 80 finally and decided to shelf my ele asside and make the war my main in WvW. Even though I do a bit of everything I spend most of my time in WvW and playing as a backline ele casting fields for our guild just got really Boring, to the point where I didn’t want to touch a staff anymore (which is why I made my war). I found that playing in an organized guild can make classes that normally I would find dull, pretty fun actually. Going from someone that would try to stay away from people and cast static fields/meteor showers and whatnot to someone that runs in face 1st and smashes things over the head with a giant hammer (earth shaker) provided to be the refresher I needed for my ele, as I can actually play my ele now without feeling meh.
Moral of the giant paragraph… Any class can be fun(or boring ) if you put it in a right setting.