Its literally the worst weapon ingame.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

Yes the warhorn you where correct when you clicked

I tested it out just now, variants and different builds, sigils everything.

Either it doesnt have any sustain and literally dies faster then any sort of elementalist could ever die. (This is an achievement seeing ele is the most glassy of glasscannons because of the lack of active defenses)

The cooldowns are pretty much all 30 seconds, all (this is just too lazy if you ask me)

The only ‘use’ its supposed to have is boonsharing, but when your fully focussed on boonsharing, you are only dragging your party down. Especially seeing 30 seconds cooldown on both of the boonshares means you actually wont be boonsharing at all.

No active defenses as the most glassy class there is.

No impactfull skills besides the boonsharing.

Nothing new to the table.

And last, the entire synergy of warhorn.
It has no synergy. All the skills are randomly thought up skills that have no reall combo useage, just really lousy skills that are literally ‘filler content’ for your boonshares to come back up from there immense cooldowns.

Cast times, Any cast time on this weapon is bad. because the abilities are bad, high c/d with no reall damage.

PvE: Staff does WAY more damage with more survivability, lower cooldowns and actuall range. When its already considered the slowest weapon ele has access to.

PvP: boonsharing has no uses at all at that interval. No active defenses, No high offense. It brings nothing different just worse stuff. Its like teaching a berserker using staff elementalist that its not a viable build to go full damage with no defenses at all in PvP.

WvW: (where the weapon is meant to shine) If you goto the frontlines with something that has no active defenses your dead, you will be forced to be a boonbot wich cant even keep boons up because you dont have the sustain, or the recharges available to permanently keep doing that. The boons ele has access to are mediocre and your forced to wait out when stacked as a party to boon up, to actually take full advantage of your boonshares.

Long story short, you are literally food. You give slight buffs but nothing drastically changing the field of battle. with no reall added benefits.

My take on how it will make anything change;

You will use a warhorn before you engage, then you swap to a good weapon after youve bursted all your boonshares.

(edited by ErazorZ.5209)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Remedy.3429

Remedy.3429

The water skills are good because a water field is great to add for healing. Air skills? WTF are they good for?

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I wish the boon sharing would work

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Everything on warhorn is extemely slow, and on top of that, they all have some crippling cast times for an Elementalist.

Warhorn seemed already bad on immobile test golem, why would it be good on mobile and smart players?

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Yep warhorn for elementalist isn’t worthy of the quality of the rest of this expansion:

Waterfield you have to run after, firefield you cant blast with phoenix and doesnt work with traits, broken boon sharing, air skills that only work in straight lines, no good defensive utility for a offhand, super long cooldown, super low damage, not viable for condi builds, slow animations, delayed hits to target, list goes on and on.

Would have been way better if they listened to the beta feedback.

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Agree, it’s a pretty horrible weapon by itself but the core issue i think is that Ele never needed another offhand.

Sorry to say all round Tempest is just a badly designed class. It brought no new role to the table, the spec mechanic is still clunky and not at all fun, elite is bad, utilities are meh... i don’t like anything about it the whole spec.

The whole spec feels kludged together with little thought given to role, playstyle or playability.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Would have been way better if they listened to the beta feedback.

Because quality was a distant second to getting it out the door, and it shows.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wish.5832

Wish.5832

Have to agree. I tried it for a bit and it was simply not fun. Once a staff ele main, always a staff ele main it seems.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

Time to move on to a new elite spec. Maybe the next one will be a good one. I do think that Ele needs their own condition build though at this point since Anet is pushing hard for conditions to be just as viable as power builds at least in PvE. It likely will never be fully viable in big WvW groups due to the amount of condi clear but if it is viable with these high toughness bosses I’m ok with that.

(psst, offhand dagger is already really well balanced for a frontline build minus Churning Earth which is terrible, go make Mainhand Sword ele a condi ele. Fire is burn/blind, air is vuln/weakness, earth is bleeds/cripple, water is chill)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I actually like the Warhorn concept, I love that they have less traditional devices and such as weapons. However, it did not feel like it had much of a place next to dagger or focus when i tried it. I also think it has to do with not feeling like there’s enough synergy compared to the others, and longish cooldowns.

On a personal note, I actually take cooldowns into account when i select weapons – shorter means more fun, usually.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Time to move on to a new elite spec. Maybe the next one will be a good one. I do think that Ele needs their own condition build though at this point since Anet is pushing hard for conditions to be just as viable as power builds at least in PvE. It likely will never be fully viable in big WvW groups due to the amount of condi clear but if it is viable with these high toughness bosses I’m ok with that.

(psst, offhand dagger is already really well balanced for a frontline build minus Churning Earth which is terrible, go make Mainhand Sword ele a condi ele. Fire is burn/blind, air is vuln/weakness, earth is bleeds/cripple, water is chill)

No thanks, don’t want a condi offhand when none of the mainhands support that.

No, bleed centric builds are garbage and none of the mainhands provide any reasonable amount of burning to make a condi build remotely viable in PvE.

Leave the condi builds to engineer/ranger/necro/mesmer/mallyx rev and keep ele power centric.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

No thanks, don’t want a condi offhand when none of the mainhands support that.

No, bleed centric builds are garbage and none of the mainhands provide any reasonable amount of burning to make a condi build remotely viable in PvE.

Leave the condi builds to engineer/ranger/necro/mesmer/mallyx rev and keep ele power centric.

Lol READ, No changes to off hands. I would like to see Mainhand sword give ele something we don’t already have or work with the rest of what we already have. CONDI IS ONE OF THESE IDEAS. Seems like you saw “oh condi build” and thought “oh they only want bleeds” Attunements give you a wide range of different types of condis to place based on attunement and being able to place a decent amount of everything would be really cool and would be a new role for Ele.

Just because other classes have good condi builds doesn’t mean ele can’t have good condi builds too. And notice how engineer and rev both have power builds as well due to their similar position to ele in their weight class? They are versatile but difficult classes and Ele honestly should be no different. A condi based spec would be interesting to say the least if it is done right.

It doesn’t even have to be mainhand sword, though that is the main thing I want to see in general out of any ele elite spec.

I’d be fine if Mainhand sword is going to be a power build. Makes literally no difference to me. Elite Specs either improve on what is already there (like chronomancer/Herald) or add new playstyles (dragonhunter/Scrapper). Really it could go either way if you want a successful elite spec.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

Either it doesnt have any sustain and literally dies faster then any sort of elementalist could ever die. (This is an achievement seeing ele is the most glassy of glasscannons because of the lack of active defenses)

While I understand your frustration with Tempest, I don’t think this is an accurate characterization…

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Just consider tempest nonexistent instead of painfully trying to make it work. Once Karl sees that no one plays it they might (this is still huge if) think about that.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hynoris.3684

Hynoris.3684

All i know is:

I see 650 mesmers using a shield for each ele i see using a warhorn.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I tried WH twice and went back to focus. Sand sqall is the only WH skill i liked … But even this canĀ“t compete with magnetic wave ….

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arctarius.2649

Arctarius.2649

Eles don’t have active defenses? Please tell me more………………………………………………………………………………

in Elementalist

Posted by: Humblekain.5418

Humblekain.5418

It’s not complete trash, but it is still a lacking weapon.

Both earth and water are quite good I would say, Sand Squall is one of the best skills in the elementalists’ repertoire now (magnetic aura, blast, protection aoe + boon duration increase all in one!) and Dust Storm’s blind is acceptable, though it wouldn’t hurt to have more damage on it.

Water has two heals, one of which is a water field for blasts/leaps and the other is a knock back. I do wish Tidal Surge had a more significant range on both distance travelled and knock back caused, though.

Fire and Air on the other hand..

Fire was gutted, and is a sorry sight to behold now. Heat Sync is unfortunately laughable, and what it achieves was already achieved better by the Persisting Flames for elementalists who wish to offer aoe might and fury to the party. Heat Sync’s current form doesn’t do it nearly as well and is utterly forgettable (and thus cannot replace Persisting Flames as a substitute). On the other hand Heat Sync’s initial incarnation was a total game changer, and justified bringing a warhorn along almost by itself… sharing boons such as stability, regen, protection with everyone in a pinch could definitely alter the course of a battle. Then you would swap to earth and sandsquall to increase the duration, and the beautiful synergy of elementalist’s attunements was felt. No more. I and many elementalists sorely want to see a buff to heat sync, as the nerf was brutal for the above reasons.

Wildfire is also disappointing. A snail paced fire field with truly underwhelming damage, be you power or condition spec’d. This needs both a damage increase and speed increase to how fast it spreads. That, or bring back it’s boon strip which gave it a unique and dangerous aspect brand new to the elementalist.

Air:

Both skills scream ‘meh’. Cyclone can be useful vs breakbars, and interrupting players at least… the damage and swiftness are not worth writing home about.

Lightning Orb is a potentially amazing skill, ruined by the fact it only travels in a straight line, making it frustratingly impractical to get the best use of. As I suggested in another thread, this skill should be ground targetable. If they won’t do that then at least increase it’s damage, so that for the mere moments it’s actually damaging a target, they feel pain and went to get the hell out of dodge, rather than suffer negligible damage and vuln.

in Elementalist

Posted by: scanz.4536

scanz.4536

-Shrug- I quite like it, for PvE at least. Water and Earth are excellent, the only issue is the slow cast times.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

I would add that warhorn skins and animations are not that inspiring either. The rest has already been said. Better luck next elite spec.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

I would add that warhorn skins and animations are not that inspiring either. The rest has already been said. Better luck next elite spec.

This.

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

I’m not going to play the same old build for 2 more years until they make a new elite spec for the elementalist that could only “perhaps” be half-good and 1 new pvp map.

Other games are going to be released very soon.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I’m not going to play the same old build for 2 more years until they make a new elite spec for the elementalist that could only “perhaps” be half-good and 1 new pvp map.

See that your problem you wanted tempest to replaces ele for you and that is not what elite spec where made to be. Ask for new things for ele tempest is not an ele +1.

Any way WH fills a support roll and if most ppl play ele type class for its dmg then ya it would be the worst wepon for them but the WH is still on an ele type class so to call any wepon the worst on it is a major miss judgment of what your talking about in the first places due to weapons on this class type having at least 6 skills where on other classes type they have 2 to 3. The WH on war or the forces on others etc.. are the worst weapons.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

The warhorn on warrior is bad? What the hell??! It’s an absolute essential weapon in the warrior WvW teamfight toolbox.

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Great Al.2546

The Great Al.2546

It’s not complete trash, but it is still a lacking weapon.

Both earth and water are quite good I would say,

Earth and Water are good on all of our offhands. The problem is that dagger and focus are SIGNIFICANTLY better in fire and air (where let’s face it, most eles are going to spend 95% of their time, especially in PvE).

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Great Al.2546

The Great Al.2546

See that your problem you wanted tempest to replaces ele for you and that is not what elite spec where made to be. Ask for new things for ele tempest is not an ele +1.

Any way WH fills a support roll and if most ppl play ele type class for its dmg then ya it would be the worst wepon for them but the WH is still on an ele type class so to call any wepon the worst on it is a major miss judgment of what your talking about in the first places due to weapons on this class type having at least 6 skills where on other classes type they have 2 to 3. The WH on war or the forces on others etc.. are the worst weapons.

I can almost certainly generate more party might by taking a dagger and using the working fire field with the 2 blast finishers on earth.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

You know what would make it an awesome weapon? If they moved the skills over two slots and gave them an auto attack! So we could use it with the supportive offhands WE ALREADY HAVE TWO OF instead of having it compete with them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I can almost certainly generate more party might by taking a dagger and using the working fire field with the 2 blast finishers on earth.

First WH generate a lot more might for your pt due to doable stacking might with the boon share support. Second if your using chrn to blast hope your pt stands still for a good 3 sec so it works lol. Dagger off hand is a dmg wepon it has some support but its always going to fall short of WH even foces (the more self def wepon).

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: fuzzyp.6295

fuzzyp.6295

I think that the Warhorn needs some love to be sure. It’s Fire and Water elements are both out shined by Focus/Dagger/Staff for Tempset. Air has some niche uses the other weapons can’t offer, but currently the only decent skill on Warhorn is Sand Squall. One skill is not worth taking the entire weapon.

That said, I have been playing around with Warhorn. I enjoy using it, but only in a causal setting. I was playing a pure healer spec the other day and was able to get two of my friends through a dungeon not using any kind of stacking/skipping tactics and both of them running random builds. It was fun, but I’m pretty sure I could have done just about the same with a staff, dagger or focus offhand since it was the Tempest skills that really shined, not the warhorn.

ANet needs to buff Heat Sync back to having a purpose. It’s clear they want the Warhorn to be THE support weapon for the Elementalist in terms of boons/auras, but at present there is only one skill that really accomplishes that goal on this weapon. 1 skill out of 8 does not make anyone want to invest in this weapon seriously.

in Elementalist

Posted by: GoZero.9708

GoZero.9708

Lower cast times, maybe lower recharge times, Heat Sync NEEDS some sort of damage or burn ideally making it something like Fire Grasp, make Wild Fire actually painful and quicker to reach max distance (and fix that a few finishers won’t combo with it, most notably Phoenix), make Cyclone either give super speed with the tornado or make it pull in a large radius. For Tempest being heavily Auramancer its unique weapon oddly only has one aura it can directly apply. A Fire Aura on Heat Sync or a Frost Aura on either Water skill would be beautiful. Warhorn has beautiful potential but needs some work. As it is now it’s an awkward middle child between Dagger’s superior damage and Focus’s reliable control and survival.

(edited by GoZero.9708)

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

My problem is that for the price of the expansion I expected much more for my class than a rushed elite skill, recycled animations and an undigested concept which implementation is as clunky as unreliable. I wanted something new and flexible, like what the Chronomancer, Scrapper or Reaper have.