July/August 2011 GW2 twitch stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

These are just a couple of streams done during the summer of 2011, 1-2 months before release, the developer playing ele is @Karl for most part.

-Part1
http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/325865502

-part2
http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/325877856

This is what I get from watching both streams:
-Developers don’t like to play offensive ele as it’s extremely squishy, a full zerk build is considered not viable at all as you get killed rather quickly
-Developers did not use focus even once and that goes a long way in telling us how good focus is…
-Both developers got downed dozen of times while unable to kill anything alone or in a fair fight, while using full zerk ele

Now I wonder in which way Anet will try to address the apparent “bunker” problem of eles, I’d like to remind you that every ele which doesn’t die in 2s it’s considered a bunker( with 20 fire, 2500 armor and a staff , got called a “noob bunker” few hours ago, because I was able to use burning retreat everytime this warrior tried his burst).
Assuming they’ll remain faithfull to their " no knee jerk nerfs", we won’t ever see a nerf which would eventually destroy the entire d/d set, I expect few changes but nothing which would allows baddies to get the upper hand on us…only time will tell.

in Elementalist

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

I miss RTL end animation…….
I cringe that he hardly used water to heal up, even if a little..
Looking at this stream….I am disappointed on how many nerfs us eles has had to us over the months….
20-30 arcana points…obviously mandatory and won’t change = less builds to choose from.

I like how he says Mobility alot and hitting/running from things alot..maybe people who are complaining about our mobility will look at this stream and know how the D/D ele works…probably not but still.

last thing…

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TEXT? ;-; I like the one in the stream

EDIT: if any necros are looking at the stream, you get mentioned…
all-be-it they say nobody plays it….. >> on part 1 btw xD
Part 2, necro play

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

(edited by roostapro.9827)

in Elementalist

Posted by: madatom.5218

madatom.5218

arenanet needs to know how to play there own game before they can make balance changes

stuff like this is really unacceptable
http://i46.tinypic.com/jj313b.png

yes that is Jon Peters as a 5 sig warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

Heh, back during and prior to BWE’s, Karl was often considered as being the best ele in ArenaNet. It was amazing watching him play or people play against him – he was really, really good! Looking at this gameplay now, he seems worse than the current average ele. Of course, a good chunk of time has passed. I wonder how much he’s improved, hehe.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

That was embarrassingly bad. I’ve just been hit by shocking aura of stupification.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in Elementalist

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

So they were aware of it and didn’t fix it.

Now they’re talking about nerfing the remaining trait lines that DO work.

Nice.

Maybe these guys left the company?

in Elementalist

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

So they were aware of it and didn’t fix it.

Now they’re talking about nerfing the remaining trait lines that DO work.

Nice.

Maybe these guys left the company?

At the time, Karl was just QA. I recall someone at ArenaNet saying that he was promoted to a game designer, though. If any AN employee could confirm/correct me, it’d be appreciated.