Just Returning

Just Returning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ayame Yoshimoto.1860

Ayame Yoshimoto.1860

So, before this afternoon, I hadn’t been on in a year (basically no one I know kept playing and the community I started with dwindled after a couple months and then school hit).

When I last played, I was using a very combo-heavy staff build with frost bow and arcane utility skills and the blast finishers from Evasive Arcana, but I know that got fixed right after I stopped playing.

Everyone’s on hear talking about this build and that build for speed dungeons and stuff, but I never even got to finish them on story mode before I left. Can anyone help me out on what to do nowadays for good soloing and then getting into doing that kind of stuff and/or maybe a little PvP?

Author – GW2WvW.com’s The Structure
A Combo-Based Playstyle [Guide]
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/A-Combo-Based-Playstyle-Guide

Just Returning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shinenryu.6351

Shinenryu.6351

#ELEtism

Just Returning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Just Returning

in Elementalist

Ayame Yoshimoto.1860

Thanks guys, but I’m looking less for speed clears now or specific builds. I want to learn what’s good for what in general. Right now, I’m still working on storyline and general solo work/farming.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/A-Combo-Based-Playstyle-Guide

Just Returning

in Elementalist

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

Welcome back to GW2, Ayame!

For solo PvE open world play you could use a DPS build like those mentioned in the guides linked above, though if you miss a dodge you’ll be punished. A D/F 0/30(VI*/X/XII) /10 (VI)/20 (VI/X*)/10(II*) build, where any numeral with a * next to it can be changed to better fit your preferences and situation, might be something to try. If you prefer Scepter + Lightning Hammer, maybe try 30 (II/V*/XI)/0/20(VI/IV*)/20(VI/X*)/0. Both of these builds are meant to be paired with direct damage armor such as zerkers, but mixing in knights while you’re still getting back into the game is just fine.

I guess the most important things you’ve missed are a bunch of trait changes and the fact that our base attunement recharge time has been reduced to 13 seconds.

When you’re more comfortable with PvE, you can move up to something more DPS oriented such as the builds in the PvE guides linked above. I have no idea what’s popular in WvW or PvP right now.

Just Returning

in Elementalist

Ayame Yoshimoto.1860

Thanks, Keyz. I really appreciate that.

While we’re on the re-orientation subject, what’s a good way for a noob to make some cashflow?

Just Returning

in Elementalist

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

The easiest ways are to champ train in Frostgorge and chase open world events. Guest to a popularish server (but try your own first) and look for a commander tag in Frostgorge to pick up with the train. For open world events, I use gw2stuff.com to look at what events are coming up on my server and my friends’ servers. It takes a little bit of getting used to in order to determine which ones are going on now and which ones are still on pre-events, but you’ll get at least 1 rare, some dragonite (ascended crafting material), and some money. Also, always do your dailies (and work on monthlies) to get a bit of gold and start stocking up on Laurels, which are used to purchase some best-in-slot trinkets.

Karma gain also has been heavily nerfed (at least for me), so don’t convert it to gold!

Once you’re transitioning to a more DPS-oriented build you can try doing some of the easier dungeons like AC, SE 1/3, CoF 1, and HotW 1.

Just Returning

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

instead of creating a new thread I am going to hijack yours OP, sorry.

I just returned a couple days ago and I am looking for good sPvP, PvE (open world bosses) and WvW builds for staff. Has to be staff I have a weird hatred for the other weapons.

Please and thank in advance.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.